View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Flash your own Kawasaki ZX14 ECU and Data Log Too! 

SmokinZX14 wrote:
Mky wrote:
Hey just to clear up my post it was not at anyone. It was a light hearted post about thinking and saying and saying what you're thinking.
SmokingZX14 we all need to remember it is hard to pick up on humour on a fourm.
I must say though I did come across as if you were bagging out one supplier and pushing another, which is what the other forum which we won't name used to do.

Anyway I just want the answer like I am sure you do and I still say I would rather no about issues than not
Mky I didn't take your post as it was aimed at me .. I took it as a light hearted and funny post .. And I was not pushing one vender over the other , I just offered a option for those who want a flash right now and not wait for Justin to find what the problem is .. You or anyone else see me bash Muzzy pipes vs a Brocks pipe on this site ? ...That would be a NO , I stay out of it . Flashes I have stayed away from also till this problem popped up .. Again anyone think I should have not warned the members about the problem ? Should I step back and let you guys mess up your ECU ? People calling me and PMing me and making posts with problems and I should keep my trap shut ? Hell I'm sitting on two bad ECUs that cost me 1400+ dollars out of my own pocket . Then just to have some one tell me my post is rubbish and I don't know what I'm talking about .

I'll tell you what , I'll keep paying the bills here and you guys run the site . I'm done trying to do the right thing and getting slammed for it ..I don't need the grief ..

I for one really appreciate you making us aware as I can't afford the loss or hassle of damaging(even temporarily) the ECU, or having my bike down due to a 'glitch'. IMO, it shows your character, that you try to do what's right regardless. It's especially hard to point out a problem with someone's product and NOT have it coming across as bashing them. I think you did very well in this. It can at times be akward to have two sponsors of similar products and try to be completely non-biased. I can appreciate that and personally think you have handled it well. I would think the sponsors would agree? I've been a member of many sites over the years and have seen many go down hill by not following your practice, so please keep it up!
With that being said, I do personally think that the sponsor( once they learned there was an issue)should be the one that warns everyone there is an issue and to not use it til they find a fix. I have not read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this was done...

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Birdoprey wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Mky wrote:
Hey just to clear up my post it was not at anyone. It was a light hearted post about thinking and saying and saying what you're thinking.
SmokingZX14 we all need to remember it is hard to pick up on humour on a fourm.
I must say though I did come across as if you were bagging out one supplier and pushing another, which is what the other forum which we won't name used to do.

Anyway I just want the answer like I am sure you do and I still say I would rather no about issues than not
Mky I didn't take your post as it was aimed at me .. I took it as a light hearted and funny post .. And I was not pushing one vender over the other , I just offered a option for those who want a flash right now and not wait for Justin to find what the problem is .. You or anyone else see me bash Muzzy pipes vs a Brocks pipe on this site ? ...That would be a NO , I stay out of it . Flashes I have stayed away from also till this problem popped up .. Again anyone think I should have not warned the members about the problem ? Should I step back and let you guys mess up your ECU ? People calling me and PMing me and making posts with problems and I should keep my trap shut ? Hell I'm sitting on two bad ECUs that cost me 1400+ dollars out of my own pocket . Then just to have some one tell me my post is rubbish and I don't know what I'm talking about .

I'll tell you what , I'll keep paying the bills here and you guys run the site . I'm done trying to do the right thing and getting slammed for it ..I don't need the grief ..

I for one really appreciate you making us aware as I can't afford the loss or hassle of damaging(even temporarily) the ECU, or having my bike down due to a 'glitch'. IMO, it shows your character, that you try to do what's right regardless. It's especially hard to point out a problem with someone's product and NOT have it coming across as bashing them. I think you did very well in this. It can at times be akward to have two sponsors of similar products and try to be completely non-biased. I can appreciate that and personally think you have handled it well. I would think the sponsors would agree? I've been a member of many sites over the years and have seen many go down hill by not following your practice, so please keep it up!
With that being said, I do personally think that the sponsor( once they learned there was an issue)should be the one that warns everyone there is an issue and to not use it til they find a fix. I have not read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if this was done...
Thank you Mark ..

Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Looking over the last email I got from Justin about the ECU program He said " I think the solution will be in the bin file."

Seems he has found something and that is a good thing ..I'm guessing a software problem is better that a hardware problem .. :dunno:

Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:53 pm

It will be good to see and outcome. I am vey interested in the full story because I really like the woolich system but I am with smokingzx14 it's not worth the risk

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Mky wrote:
It will be good to see and outcome. I am vey interested in the full story because I really like the woolich system but I am with smokingzx14 it's not worth the risk

Maybe not at this moment, but def will be as soon as they come up with the fix. From Smokins last post, the fix looks to be not far off

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi, yes we are working on the solution to this problem. To date there have been 3 or 4 ECU's affected out of the 1000's flashed with our software so it is not widespread, however this is our number 1 priority at the moment and we are working hard on a fix. We are confident it can be resolved and the fix will be in the form of an update to the Woolich Racing Tuned software. As soon as I know more I will post up here and let you know.

As a side note, I have no problem with Lee posting up here for the users of the site about the issue, lets not let this deteriorate into a slinging match, it is better to be open and up front about issues so we can work together to resolve them.

Having said that I would appreciate it if problems and issues with our products were posted on the Woolich Racing support forums or through contacting us directly, it is much easier for us to keep track of and respond to issues if they are in the one place rather than scattered on various posts across the many bike related forums in existence.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:30 pm
Profile WWW

:clap:

wee

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 pm

jkwool wrote:
Hi, yes we are working on the solution to this problem. To date there have been 3 or 4 ECU's affected out of the 1000's flashed with our software so it is not widespread, however this is our number 1 priority at the moment and we are working hard on a fix. We are confident it can be resolved and the fix will be in the form of an update to the Woolich Racing Tuned software. As soon as I know more I will post up here and let you know.

As a side note, I have no problem with Lee posting up here for the users of the site about the issue, lets not let this deteriorate into a slinging match, it is better to be open and up front about issues so we can work together to resolve them.

Having said that I would appreciate it if problems and issues with our products were posted on the Woolich Racing support forums or through contacting us directly, it is much easier for us to keep track of and respond to issues if they are in the one place rather than scattered on various posts across the many bike related forums in existence.
Thank you Justin .. Well stated ..

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Great to know the numbers, thank you both justin and smokinzx14 for keeping us informed.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:04 am

I have heard cases when flashing car ecu and same time battery voltage goes down, could cause permanent damage in ecu.
Could these cases have same issue?

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 am

jkwool wrote:

You can also subscribe to this thread, that might be helpful for you.

wee

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Tsaki wrote:
I have heard cases when flashing car ecu and same time battery voltage goes down, could cause permanent damage in ecu.
Guess that is possible , I use a fully charged battery off my ZX14R to do mine , I also have a power supply from radio shack that matches what woolich web site said to use ..A lot of guys use the bike harness that uses the battery on the bike ..

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:22 pm

Tsaki wrote:

We had a customer in South Africa who ran the battery flat mid flash on a ZX10R, we were able to recover the ECU and no damage was done, It is definitely something to be careful with, you should ensure you have a full battery before flashing.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:28 pm
Profile WWW

Quick update, I had Rick Romans do some testing for me. He had an ECU that has the 3A error code and he swapped it out with a unaffected ECU and he was able to confirm that the bike runs exactly the same with both ECU's. So the fault code does not affect the running of the bike. I spoke to eurazn12 (who posted earlier in this thread with the issue) and he also confirmed that the bike is running normally. This is really good news as it means that the ECU's are still operating normally and the performance and running of the bike is unaffected by the fault code, I will report back with more information as it comes to hand.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:09 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for keeping us posted! :thanks:
:thumbs:

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:16 pm

Justin I guess you forgot I told you this back in Aug of last year. On Smokehouse ECU it never lost power same torque and HP and was smooth just that the light cam on

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:28 pm

johnnycheese wrote:
Justin I guess you forgot I told you this back in Aug of last year. On Smokehouse ECU it never lost power same torque and HP and was smooth just that the light cam on

Hi Johhny, yes now you mention it I do remember you saying that, it was good to confirm it as there were some other reports to the contrary.

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:57 am
Profile WWW

jkwool wrote:
johnnycheese wrote:

Hi Johhny, yes now you mention it I do remember you saying that, it was good to confirm it as there were some other reports to the contrary.
Mine ran poorly in the shop , it would not idle right and just die without warning ... But I never took it out on the road to see if it ran good or bad . Not saying it was the ECU , just saying that is what happened to me ..

Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:07 am

is the log box available in aus?

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:45 pm

Ninja wrote:
is the log box available in aus?

We have sold out of the first batch of Log Box Pro (Mitsubishi) some time ago, however we should have new stock in about a week. We will be sending out new orders based on the order we have received payment.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:42 am
Profile WWW

Yes lots of log box and pro version in australia.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:44 am

The Cheese speaketh the truth. I am stunned that this is still going on. Wow.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:51 pm

I have not talked to Justin in a while .. Hope he is working on the problem .. Justin if you are out there please give us an update if you can ....

Lee.. :thanks:

Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:35 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
I have not talked to Justin in a while .. Hope he is working on the problem .. Justin if you are out there please give us an update if you can ....

Lee.. :thanks:

Hi all, yes we have made good progress on the issue, it is not resolved yet and I have had to put it aside for the last week as we have been rolling out the new Log Box Pro (Denso), we plan to work all weekend to get these out to our customers, that will free me up to get back onto this issue.

On a positive note, there has not been any more reports of the issue, it seems to be limited to 4 ECU's in total out of the many 1000's of ECU flashed with the Woolich Racing Tuned software. And as mentioned earlier the ECU functions perfectly well, the only problem being the FI code showing on the gauges.

Will let you know when we make more progress on the issue.

regards
-Justin.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:11 am
Profile WWW

Justin, as you are well aware, I am one who has had enormous problems with your ECU flash. After you had worked with Johnny with it for so long, you had me send it to Kevin in Florida back in September, I believe. He worked on it for almost a week and was about to give up when he somehow got the error code light to come off. He sent it back to me and we tested it and sure enough the light did not come on. I thought that I had checked on it back then, but last night I noticed an interesting thing. I finally took the bike back down to the track for a few runs . It was somewhat warm, so of course I was turning the bike off as I was waiting in line to stage. Unfortunately I noticed that the traction control is NOT staying with the last setting, it is reverting to the F 1 setting everytime. I had to manually change it to off each time. That should NOT be happening if the flash worked. How do I know this bike even has the "flash" settings? Is there another way to tell, because I cannot remember at this time.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:49 am

Smokehouse do you have the software or did you just get it fashed? If you have the software you can read it and see changes.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Mky wrote:
Smokehouse do you have the software or did you just get it fashed? If you have the software you can read it and see changes.

No, I do not have the software. This was a nightmare thing that went on while Johnny Cheese was flashing for me and another person on here, and there were codes being thrown, lights staying on, etc... Johnny and I worked with Justin over the phone several times but nothing worked. Before I had to send the ECU to Justin, he had me send it to Kevin Blais, who was fantastic. He worked so hard on it, had almost given up, but then somehow got the light out. I cannot absolutely say for sure, but I could swear that when I received it back, I hooked it up and one of the things I looked for was that the TC stayed where it was before the bike was turned off. As I said earlier, I noticed last night that it was no longer doing this and I had to manually turn the TC off from the TC F 1 every time I turned the bike back on. So I wonder is this thing really flashed after all of that grief? My frustration level grows again.

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 pm

.?

Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Quote:
and there were codes being thrown, lights staying on, etc... He worked so hard on it, had almost given up, but then somehow got the light out.

"But then somehow got the light out" Can you elaborate any on this ?

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:33 am

Romans wrote:
Quote:
and there were codes being thrown, lights staying on, etc... He worked so hard on it, had almost given up, but then somehow got the light out.

"But then somehow got the light out" Can you elaborate any on this ?

I remember that Kevin had worked on it for close to a week. I was on a vacation at the time and we were emailing/texting/calling at least every other day. Finally, he said that he honestly did not know what exactly needed to be done to get the light off, and the thought at the time was that he was going to send me one of his known, good, flashed ECU's, while he sent mine off to Justin. The next day he called me and said that he had tried a few other things, honestly I can't remember what he said he had done, and the light was off. I may try to call him today.

Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:40 pm

I talked to Kevin, and as usual he was very helpful. He did clarify that when I received it we checked out the TC and it was indeed remaining in whatever mode it was in when I turned the bike back on. He is confused as well as to why it would now be reverting to the preset Kawasaki function. It just so happens that I am about to go on a short vacation, so Kevin said to just send the ECU out to him again he would check it through. Pain in the ass, but it is cool of him to take care of business this way.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:52 pm

smokehouse4444 wrote:
I talked to Kevin, and as usual he was very helpful. He did clarify that when I received it we checked out the TC and it was indeed remaining in whatever mode it was in when I turned the bike back on. He is confused as well as to why it would now be reverting to the preset Kawasaki function. It just so happens that I am about to go on a short vacation, so Kevin said to just send the ECU out to him again he would check it through. Pain in the ass, but it is cool of him to take care of business this way.
:thumbs:

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:01 pm

smokehouse4444 wrote:

Yes i spoke to Kevin yesterday and he said he would look at it, if the traction control setting was set in the bin file it would not simply revert to the standard setting over time. Kevin will get to the bottom of it for you.

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:55 am
Profile WWW

Quick little update from me...
I have a 06 ZX14 here... Built Motor, 80Lb Injectors on C85 Fuel. The owner brought his new Log Box Pro to me with his bike...
We had issues with the 1.7.6 software not letting us Read/Write "every time" and also with the 1.7.7 update then I had serious issues with the 1.7.8 freezing my XP Professional computer with my Mitsu Interface along with the LBPM still not working right...
I worked with Justin towards the end of the week and we connected Fri. night (US time) so he could see what was happening LIVE.
He got good (failed Read/Write) info from our connection and came up with the 1.7.9 update...
I've been tuning on the ZX14 with LBPM and everything has been working :)

I want to :thanks: JUSTIN for working as hard as you did on the issues = 3 updates in 3 days!!!
My Dyno doesn't read "happy numbers" so the 213+Hp I got at 11,300 rpm on this Zx14 = good numbers :bigthumb:

Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 am
Profile WWW

Kcadby wrote:
Quick little update from me...
I have a 06 ZX14 here... Built Motor, 80Lb Injectors on C85 Fuel. The owner brought his new Log Box Pro to me with his bike...
We had issues with the 1.7.6 software not letting us Read/Write "every time" and also with the 1.7.7 update then I had serious issues with the 1.7.8 freezing my XP Professional computer with my Mitsu Interface along with the LBPM still not working right...
I worked with Justin towards the end of the week and we connected Fri. night (US time) so he could see what was happening LIVE.
He got good (failed Read/Write) info from our connection and came up with the 1.7.9 update...
I've been tuning on the ZX14 with LBPM and everything has been working :)

I want to :thanks: JUSTIN for working as hard as you did on the issues = 3 updates in 3 days!!!
My Dyno doesn't read "happy numbers" so the 213+Hp I got at 11,300 rpm on this Zx14 = good numbers :bigthumb:

Great result Kevin, it was good to get the issue with read/write on your computer resolved so you could get back to doing what you do best, tuning bikes ;) Behind the scenes the WRT software is quite complex so from time to time there are issues with individual computers as there are many different specs and configurations of computer out there, we always work to get things sorted out as soon as we can and this is definitely made easier when the customer is willing to work with us to resolve the issues.

Thu May 01, 2014 10:22 am
Profile WWW

Quick update, i have been spending a bunch more time on the fault code issue, i have just sent Rick a test bin file, will wait for his results.

Wed May 07, 2014 11:00 pm
Profile WWW

jkwool wrote:
Quick update, i have been spending a bunch more time on the fault code issue, i have just sent Rick a test bin file, will wait for his results.
Were you able to remove the fault code on the ECU I sent you ? :?:

Thu May 08, 2014 12:09 am

SmokinZX14 wrote:
jkwool wrote:

Yes, but i would like it verified on a bike as well to ensure the problem is fully resolved.

Thu May 08, 2014 12:16 am
Profile WWW

jkwool wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
jkwool wrote:

Yes, but i would like it verified on a bike as well to ensure the problem is fully resolved.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thu May 08, 2014 12:55 am

I have down loaded the test bin files into ECU. Currently waiting for day light to start the bikes and begin all aspects of testing, along with the data logging of AFR's . #'s look good. Nothing visible to what We the user can see. Light goes out I'm sure Justin will explain what is blind to us. Cheers

Thu May 08, 2014 2:59 am

My latest update is:
Around software version 1.8.0 I started getting Code 13 (IAT Open or Short ) on Jim's 06 ZX14 :(
It happened many times. Unplugging the ECU made it go away but it always came back on randomly = no set amount of time or circumstances...

I'm sorry if your tired of hearing this from me Jason but I'm posting it again here...
I SO wish that we could roll back to a software version that works when "we need to" rather than either having to spend many MANY hours/days on ONE TUNE (or not being able to tune on the bike at all until a version that works comes out)...

Jim just Txt me that you added a feature to stop updates :clap: but we NEED to be able to roll back to a working version if an update has issues that stop us from tuning...

I had one ZX10 earlier this year for TWO WEEKS and this is the THIRD WEEK with Jim's ZX14...
Thank goodness both owners "know me" and didn't freak out about it taking so long...
I can't afford this to happen with any "new customers that don't know" me because we all know that bad news travels farther/faster than the good news...

I put off "a new customer" with Gen-2 Busa 1-because Jim's was taking so long...
2-because I simple haven't had the time to search/see if these issues are also going on with Suz....
3-because his bike is his only transportation so this tune can NOT take days or weeks...
I still only have the Denso "Interface" if someone can please tell me here that the 180(s) software is having issues on the Suz or not???

Thu May 08, 2014 12:34 pm
Profile WWW

On Suzukis you use ECU Editor NO PROBLEMS PERIOD

Thu May 08, 2014 8:53 pm

johnnycheese wrote:

Thank's Johnny...
I used Woolich to do a complete Motor and Nitrous tune on Gen-2 Busa a couple of months ago with good results = 8.0s on DOT tire and I was hoping to use Woolich on the next G-2 if updates since then haven't messed up what worked with zero issues before...
If I have ANY issues with Woolich on the next Busa I will deff. go back to ECU Editor ;)

Fri May 09, 2014 12:05 pm
Profile WWW

Ok where are we on a fix ? The info I'm getting is the problem is not fixed and the code is still there .
I really need my ECU fixed returned and my Woolich harness back.. Not happy about this , I have been on hold since all this started . I get two or three calls a week wanting a flash and I can't help them .. :dunno:

Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm

When engine data will shown zx14r? Still missing it.

Fri May 16, 2014 5:52 am

Kcadby wrote:
My latest update is:
Around software version 1.8.0 I started getting Code 13 (IAT Open or Short ) on Jim's 06 ZX14 :(
It happened many times. Unplugging the ECU made it go away but it always came back on randomly = no set amount of time or circumstances...

I'm sorry if your tired of hearing this from me Jason but I'm posting it again here...
I SO wish that we could roll back to a software version that works when "we need to" rather than either having to spend many MANY hours/days on ONE TUNE (or not being able to tune on the bike at all until a version that works comes out)...

Jim just Txt me that you added a feature to stop updates :clap: but we NEED to be able to roll back to a working version if an update has issues that stop us from tuning...

I had one ZX10 earlier this year for TWO WEEKS and this is the THIRD WEEK with Jim's ZX14...
Thank goodness both owners "know me" and didn't freak out about it taking so long...
I can't afford this to happen with any "new customers that don't know" me because we all know that bad news travels farther/faster than the good news...

I put off "a new customer" with Gen-2 Busa 1-because Jim's was taking so long...
2-because I simple haven't had the time to search/see if these issues are also going on with Suz....
3-because his bike is his only transportation so this tune can NOT take days or weeks...
I still only have the Denso "Interface" if someone can please tell me here that the 180(s) software is having issues on the Suz or not???

I have only just checked back on this forum, as i have not received any updates to notify me that there was new posts. Lee i dont know why but this seems to happen quite a bit? This is why i ask that problems with our products or software are either emailed directly to us via the contact us page or via our support forums.

We do not support older versions of the software and have no plans to offer a roll back option, it is just not feasible to support many different versions of the software. If there is a problem with a version of the software it will be fixed and we roll forward to the next version.

Kevin i will contact you directly about this issue to see where you are at, as i have no record of you contacting me about it and i have not had any other reports of the issue so i am assuming that it is specific to the bike you are working with?

Fri May 16, 2014 10:15 am
Profile WWW

SmokinZX14 wrote:
Ok where are we on a fix ? The info I'm getting is the problem is not fixed and the code is still there .
I really need my ECU fixed returned and my Woolich harness back.. Not happy about this , I have been on hold since all this started . I get two or three calls a week wanting a flash and I can't help them .. :dunno:

I have done some work with Rick to resolve the issue, but he reported back that the error code is still present when the changes were applied to his ECU and installed on the bike, even though on the ECU I have here the error code is not present when checked with the diagnostic tools.

Lee i will send your harness back to you on Monday.

Fri May 16, 2014 10:18 am
Profile WWW

Tsaki wrote:
When engine data will shown zx14r? Still missing it.

Engine Data is available for the ZX14R, however it is only available with the newer interfaces including the USB (Mitsubishi) v2 and the Log Box Pro (Mitsubishi).

Fri May 16, 2014 10:20 am
Profile WWW

Kcadby wrote:
johnnycheese wrote:

Thank's Johnny...
I used Woolich to do a complete Motor and Nitrous tune on Gen-2 Busa a couple of months ago with good results = 8.0s on DOT tire and I was hoping to use Woolich on the next G-2 if updates since then haven't messed up what worked with zero issues before...
If I have ANY issues with Woolich on the next Busa I will deff. go back to ECU Editor ;)

There are no reports of any issues for G2 hayabusa with the latest updates, we list the changes made to releases on the Woolich Racing Forums, http://www.woolichracing.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=31
If a software release is minor or cosmetic there is no information posted.

The Gen 2 Hayabusa uses a Denso ECU, ZX14's use a Mitsubishi ECU, a change or problem in one would be highly unlikely to affect the other.

Fri May 16, 2014 10:40 am
Profile WWW

In the last conversation I had with Rick, i asked him if he knew of any reasonably priced gauge clusters for the ZX14R 2012+ model. This would be very useful to assist with tracking down the fault code issue as the Kawasaki KDS diagnostic tools i have here is not picking up the error that is reported on the gauges, so it must be something related to the communications directly with the gauge. If anyone knows where i can find a reasonably priced set of Gauge Clusters for the 2012+ ZX14R please send me a PM.

Fri May 16, 2014 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next