View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Flash your own Kawasaki ZX14 ECU and Data Log Too! 

jkwool wrote:
Hey Lee, i just got a notification to say that your package was just delivered? good timing :)
Really ? I been here all day and nobody has dropped anything off ..

Thu May 29, 2014 2:01 pm

OK !!!!! the Mail Man just tossed and I mean tossed a big box at me ..He could not walk 15 more feet and hand it to me .. :o

My ECU is home along with my repined harness .. :thanks:

Now it gets even better !!!! ... Justin sent me the 2012-2014 ZX14R / ZZR1400 - Log Box Pro + Zeitronix ZT-3 Widband O2 Package ... :shock: :shock: :shock: Now I have to figure how to hook it all up use it .. :dunno: So I guess I have some reading to do ...

Below is what Justin ( Woolich ) sent me today .. Thank you Justin ... :bow: :thanks:

Attachments:
002.JPG
002.JPG [ 3.14 MiB | Viewed 3250 times ]
001.JPG
001.JPG [ 3.4 MiB | Viewed 3250 times ]
Thu May 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Looks good Lee! :wootrock:

Looks like a PM is in order... ;)
:vroom:

Thu May 29, 2014 4:34 pm

The following is a really good post on our Testimonials page from one of our ZX10R customers. Well worth a read http://www.woolichracing.com/testimonial/45/so-you-want-your-bike-tuned.aspx

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:29 am
Profile WWW

The log box just got to my door ... Justin in a hurry to send me the wideband and log box he forgot to put the log box in the box ... :fishslap: Honest mistake on Justins part .. Now I need to find room to install it and I'm running short of room ... Good thing is the log box is very small unit .. It's pretty much plug and play with the wide band 02 he sent me so install should be easy ..It comes with a relay I need to wire in for powering up the unit but I'm already set up for it .. I'll work on it shorty and post up some photos..

Attachments:
log box 001.JPG
log box 001.JPG [ 3.15 MiB | Viewed 3194 times ]
Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:34 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
The log box just got to my door ... Justin in a hurry to send me the wideband and log box he forgot to put the log box in the box ... :fishslap: Honest mistake on Justins part .. Now I need to find room to install it and I'm running short of room ... Good thing is the log box is very small unit .. It's pretty much plug and play with the wide band 02 he sent me so install should be easy ..It comes with a relay I need to wire in for powering up the unit but I'm already set up for it .. I'll work on it shorty and post up some photos..

That's tooooo funny because in Justins haste to ship me a log box, (and that's all I paid for) he inadvertently also sent me a FREE Zeitronix ZT3 wideband kit lol. My guess is he would have never known.

Justin is a GREAT dude, so I owned up to it. To much trouble to ship back 1/2 way around the world, so I just paid him for it.

Funny how things work out, I installed it in place of my Analog gauge and the Zeitronix works awesome. I should have just ordered one to start with.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Here is shirt video clip of my Woolich Zeitronix ZT3 and Log Box Pro install, and Bazzaz ECU internal map switch setup on my ZX10R.

NOTE: I did not use the relay. I instead plugged directly into the horn fuse circuit as I am not using the horn. Cleaned up the install a lot.

I also have some foam in my trunk to protect the Log box from bouncing around. Everything works PERFECT!

Best viewed in 1080p Hi Def lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_SeJC88obs

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:38 pm

selenap wrote:
Here is shirt video clip of my Woolich Zeitronix ZT3 and Log Box Pro install, and Bazzaz ECU internal map switch setup on my ZX10R.

NOTE: I did not use the relay. I instead plugged directly into the horn fuse circuit as I am not using the horn. Cleaned up the install a lot.

I also have some foam in my trunk to protect the Log box from bouncing around. Everything works PERFECT!

Best viewed in 1080p Hi Def lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_SeJC88obs
selenap I didn't use the relay either , but I wonder if I should have ? My Zeitronix ZT3 doesn't seem to read correctly , at idle HOT 209 Deg is reading 12.4 .. I know for a fact it is not that rich at idle .. I hooked the power to the fuse or wire to that tail light and ran the ground to rear frame support .. I wonder if it needs a better power supply or a better ground to work correctly ? I have looked at all the paper work and online for the Zeitronix ZT3 and it shows no way to calibrate the gauge like you can do with the Wego .. Possibly the gauge needs to be calibrated ?

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Relay aint gonna help.

wee

Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 pm

I always ground any and all Wideband controllers directly to the battery ground lug, never a chassis or other ground point. You can see that in my video.

I have no idea why your AFR is reading so much different now unless it was your previous gauge that was off and your new gauge is now the one reading correct,....possibly? I don't know.

My idle is 12.5 to 1 both with the Zeitronix and my previous AEM Analog gauge, which both read exactly the same.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:15 pm

Lee...The ECU starts throwing more fuel at it at about 195* so make sure that's not it...

Any/All electronics should always be grounded directly to the battery when possible...

Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:40 pm
Profile WWW

So you have / had 2 Gauges, the Wego and the new Zeitronix. They read vastly different. One can assume then 1 gauge is reading correct, the other is not.

Perhaps it was the Wego that is wrong? Always was? Just a possibility to consider.

As for the FREE air calibration, from what I can tell, some Gauges use it, others don't. I really did like my AEM Analog gauge I had. If you go to AEM's website they brag over and over as to how their gauges uses the same Bosch sensor as every other wideband controller but never ever needs free air calibration. The lack of needing free air calibration is their main bragging point. Free air calibration seems like older technology to me.

Seems like 1 Gauge is reading correct, the other is not. The question remains then is, which one is correct?

It may be the Wego is correct and the Zeitronix has an issue, but if I was a betting man, I would guess it was the other way around.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 am

selenap wrote:
So you have / had 2 Gauges, the Wego and the new Zeitronix. They read vastly different. One can assume then 1 gauge is reading correct, the other is not.

Perhaps it was the Wego that is wrong? Always was? Just a possibility to consider.

As for the FREE air calibration, from what I can tell, some Gauges use it, others don't. I really did like my AEM Analog gauge I had. If you go to AEM's website they brag over and over as to how their gauges uses the same Bosch sensor as every other wideband controller but never ever needs free air calibration. The lack of needing free air calibration is their main bragging point. Free air calibration seems like older technology to me.

Seems like 1 Gauge is reading correct, the other is not. The question remains then is, which one is correct?

It may be the Wego is correct and the Zeitronix has an issue, but if I was a betting man, I would guess it was the other way around.

And now you know why I said I check with 3 different systems.
LC-1
My DYNO
And a pocket logger.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 am

Thanks Guys for the info ...This is crazy stuff.. Fun but crazy .. :shock:

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:18 am

Agreed Johnny Cheese and the HP/FtLb (or mph at the track) are what should determine the "best A/F number" for your set-up bike.
There are many discussions on multiple boards about A/F not reading the same with multiple units...

I just did a complete re-Tune with Woolich on a Gen-1 ZX14 because
1: he installed bigger injectors
2: he lowered the fuel pressure back to OEM (he raised it for C85 fuel before the first tune)
3: he took the PCommander off...
We left the PCommander on it for the first tune because Woolich didn't have Engine Data yet and I needed to have/see TPS% for tuning below wide open throttle...

Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:57 am
Profile WWW

Hb3butler wrote:
jkwool wrote:
Hb3butler wrote:
So if the AFR gauge and Engine Data are not showing any values, it would be either the Zeitronix power supply wiring or a problem with the RJ12 cable between the Zeitronix and the Gauge/LBP. I would suggest you unplug the RJ12 cables (and splitter) and just connect the gauge directly to see if that registers data. should be something simple.

Still nothing. hooked the gauge directly into the zeitronix and get three dashes on gauge after it goes through startup sequence. I thought maybe the gauge was the issue and hooked back into the LBP and still not reading AFR.

So it seems the problem is with the Zeitronix ZT-3.

You are getting power to the Gauge which is good as it would suggest that the power supply harness is ok. Is the orange LED flashing on the Zeirtonix ZT-3? This would generally indicate that the ZT-3 is sending data correctly.

There would have been an additional cable that came with the Zeitronix that would allow you to connect the Zeitronix to your computer to check the configuration, you could try connecting this and seeing if the Zeitronix is reading the AFR signal from the O2 sensor. You may need to install their software and you will also need a RS-232 port to connect this cable.

It could also be worth contacting Zeirtonix directly as they will be able to offer you support on how to fault find their product. http://zeitronix.com/

Contacted Zeitronix and will be shipping them my zt-3. thanks for the quick response to this issue.[/quote]

Zeitronix tested my unit and there were no issues. They sent it back and I plugged it in and SAME PROBLEM. After discussing a few things with Zeitronix they suggested I do a little more troubleshooting on my end. I FOUND IT!!!
The cheap ass RJ-12 cables I bought from Home Depot to make the reach from my dash to my controller were reversed end to end. SO I luckily had some connectors and a crimper and in a few minutes had everything right as rain. BEWARE THE PINOUT ON STORE BOUGHT RJ-12 CABLES.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Justin, pair disable option needed in Woolich.
Is it going to be soon or later?
Thanks in advanced.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:14 am

You should post on the Woolich board because Justin checks in there more often than here ;)
http://www.woolichracing.com/forums/index.php

Tsaki wrote:
Justin, pair disable option needed in Woolich.
Is it going to be soon or later?
Thanks in advanced.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:26 am
Profile WWW

OMG this was funny!

Woolich Racing ZX14R Review

Ready...Set...Pull muthaf#cka!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-DUP3w3Yo

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:26 pm

selenap wrote:
OMG this was funny!

Woolich Racing ZX14R Review

Ready...Set...Pull muthaf#cka!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-DUP3w3Yo
Welcome to Dallas :bigthumb:

wee

Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Ordered mine last week. Looks like it's going to be just a bit less user friendly than ecu editor because of the limits on bin files before they want more money but I'm looking forward to seeing what it's about.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:09 pm

Just flashed Racheal's 2013 14R ECU this morning. Read the current data, adjusted data, and wrote it back. No issues.

ECU PN: 21175-0839

Just changed three things:

Set rpm limit to 11500
Removed speed limiter
Enabled retain last TC setting

I have not tried to run it to the limiters, yet. Retain TC is working fine. No codes. :bigthumb:

Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Shane661 wrote:
Just flashed Racheal's 2013 14R ECU this morning. Read the current data, adjusted data, and wrote it back. No issues.

ECU PN: 21175-0839

Just changed three things:

Set rpm limit to 11500
Removed speed limiter
Enabled retain last TC setting

I have not tried to run it to the limiters, yet. Retain TC is working fine. No codes. :bigthumb:
:bigthumb:

wee

Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:26 pm

Smokinzx14 how have you found the software? Any luck this time

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:30 pm

I also have some new stuff to tinker with:

Logbox Pro, Zeitronix, and enough parts to swap between two 14R's and Gen1.

Could be a while before I report the results. But everything looks good, was packaged nicely, and arrived very quickly via the standard EMS shipping. Three business days from AUS to Virginia. Justin was very pleasant to deal with with, and very responsive. :bigthumb:

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:00 pm

xxx

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:08 pm

keep us enquiring minds updated Shane...

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:40 pm

jkwool wrote:
Woolich Racing will also be releasing a new product for the ZX14R in coming weeks. Stay tuned for more....

What was the new product? What did I miss?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 pm

So what was the new product for the ZX14R?

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Justin add QS, launch and pit laine speed limiter for zx14r and zx10r

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:58 am
Profile ICQ WWW

That is great news! Is there information how to connect shifter?

Is there any problems others to get real time engine data working zx14r, because we have? :(

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:53 am

so can anyone help with how to use/set up the launch control?

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:46 pm

Been quite a while since I started this thread. Not really surprised to see it still going. Are we having fun yet?

How We Got Started

Sun May 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Fun? :dunno:
define fun. lol I have had much less sleep since I started tuning my bike and ino longer ride much because I am to busy trying to get it "perfect" :fishslap:

I have converted ALL my maps into excel spreadsheets to better compare and make adjustments. I read on one of the threads a member (selenap?) had a program to convert pcv maps to woolich. That would be a big help if anyone has that available. Maybe allow me to get a couple more hours of sleep :lol:

Thanks to all on here for the advice and help, actually I am having as much fun tuning as riding. :thanks: :thanks:

Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:13 am

Anybody else having problems tuning ZX14R IAP map ? Not working correctly.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:06 am

Here is our test comparing Woolich and Powercommander RPM readings.
Which one is showing correctly? You can pause video at any moment, you find out that diffrence is 100-200rpm.

https://youtu.be/LzXS53QmYF0

Tue May 24, 2016 4:01 am

Tsaki wrote:
Anybody else having problems tuning ZX14R IAP map ? Not working correctly.
That would be a yes ... I had someone's flash that had messed with the IAP maps > the bike would hard start , die at idle at times and die after you rev the engine out of gear .. What a mess it was ..

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9