View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Flash your own Kawasaki ZX14 ECU and Data Log Too! 

Has anyone here had any experience with this product?

http://www.woolichracing.com/Products.aspx

How We Got Started

Fri May 03, 2013 11:39 am

Never seen that , but i'm going to order one ASAP ...... Great find !!!!! :thumbs:

Fri May 03, 2013 11:52 am

This thread has my attention...

Fri May 03, 2013 12:32 pm

:thumbs:

Fri May 03, 2013 12:49 pm

I like the concept but for a total of $1,049.00 it seems a bit expensive for the average consumer.
More suited to a full shop. It would not take long to pay for itself.
Best,
Phil

'79 CBX Turbo Black
'80 CBX The Hulk
'80 Moto Martin CBX
'85 ZX750 E2 Turbo
'71 CT70
'65 CB160

Fri May 03, 2013 1:06 pm

:shock:

Fri May 03, 2013 1:24 pm

:bigthumb: :thumbs: Good catch, thnx.
And please post any feedback and experience about the product.

"Trust your instinct, be yourself"

Fri May 03, 2013 2:55 pm

WOW i was in till i saw that 700.00 dollar BIN charge !!!! If i got the hole set up i don't know if i would ever get my money back ... Not like i have people in here every day wanting a reflash ...And i would not change my Guhl / Brocks flash anytime soon either ... This looks like something like a high end shop with a dyno would or could use ... :(

Fri May 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Sorry Lee,
I didn't mean to spoil the party. Probably better now than after it arrived and you discovered you had to spend another $700.00
I could send you my bike round trip for less money :thumbs:
Go buy that V-Max instead :vroom:
Best,
Phil

'79 CBX Turbo Black
'80 CBX The Hulk
'80 Moto Martin CBX
'85 ZX750 E2 Turbo
'71 CT70
'65 CB160

Fri May 03, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm sure the average rider wouldn't benefit from it enough to compensate for the cost but,,,,,,,,,,,, for those of us who race and have the need to be able to program our fuel map among other things on a daily basis it could be just what the doctor ordered. While I appreciate and commend Guhl for all of their contributions to increasing the pleasure and performance of the 14 their flash is of very limited use to a racer who needs to be able to tune at the track. The best of both worlds would be to have Don program the things that this unit doesn't give you access to and then be able to use this unit at the track to take care of the rest. jes my .o2

How We Got Started

Fri May 03, 2013 6:08 pm

trganey wrote:
I'm sure the average rider wouldn't benefit from it enough to compensate for the cost but,,,,,,,,,,,, for those of us who race and have the need to be able to program our fuel map among other things on a daily basis it could be just what the doctor ordered. While I appreciate and commend Ghul for all of their contributions to increasing the pleasure and performance of the 14 their flash is of very limited use to a racer who needs to be able to tune at the track. The best of both worlds would be to have Don program the things that this unit doesn't give you access to and then be able to use this unit at the track to take care of the rest. jes my .o2
I agree with you ... 99% of the guys will never need this but i can see some drag racers that would love to have this ..I'd love to play with it myself, but 1000 dollar toy just for my bike ? I'm going to have to give it a bit more thinking before i would dive in ..I'm not sure without a dyno i want to get into the ECU reflashing .. And i don't want to tune other peoples bikes at the track .. I don't even tune mine at the track , i'm to busy riding .. :)

Fri May 03, 2013 6:54 pm

FalldownPhil wrote:
Sorry Lee,
I didn't mean to spoil the party. Probably better now than after it arrived and you discovered you had to spend another $700.00
I could send you my bike round trip for less money :thumbs:
Go buy that V-Max instead :vroom:
Best,
Phil

No problem Phil .. If i still had my dyno and was tuning bikes i would buy it .. :mrgreen:

Fri May 03, 2013 6:59 pm

I and a lot of buddies have 14's, one of which owns a dyno. I'm kind of confused on what all is needed there. Seems like the $250 for the usb interface, and then $120 to flash off the bike. I understand $700 for all Kawasaki files. But, is the $250 interface enough to flash one ecu on the bike? If all of these things are needed, it still may be worth it for a group of us to purchase it.

*Edit I think I follow it now. I wish I wouldve seen this over the winter, not when the season is starting.

Fri May 03, 2013 10:17 pm

jlaudio11 wrote:
*Edit I think I follow it now. I wish I wouldve seen this over the winter, not when the season is starting.

I'm still not clear on it. I really wish someone with some knowledge of the product would comment and educate all of us.

UPDATE: I sent Justin the following request on his web page. We will see what what the response will be. It did say on the web page to be patient but he would definately reply.

We currently run an 08'ZX14 motor in a Koenig Low Boy big tire chassis in the TG class and also Pro ET. We are using the factory wiring harness as well as the ecu, fuel injection etc etc. As you would expect we run all the aftermarket electronics to be able to adjust the fuel map, work the air shifter, two step, shift counter, shift kill,race pac data logger etc etc. My question is what all parameters in the ecu will your system allow me to control and how much of my aftermarket electronics would I be able to do without and what would the total cost be shipped to 35594 in the U.S.A.? There is currently a discussion going on on www.zx1441r.com about your product and it's creating a lot of interest but no one there seems to know very much about the product. The title of the thread is "Flash your own Kawasaki ZX14 ECU and Data Log Too!" Any help in explaning the capabilities of your product would be greatly appreciated. Also your more than welcome to come to the web site and comment on the thread personally.

TR Ganey

How We Got Started

Sat May 04, 2013 5:45 am

^^^^ good thinking!

Sat May 04, 2013 10:56 am

Got this automated response from their site. Lookin forward to a response from Justin

.com TO You Welcome to WoolichRacing.com - Tune your bike to the limit… Show Details FromInfo - WoolichRacing.com Totrganey@yahoo.com

Welcome to Woolich Racing, you have received this email because you registered your email address on our web site WoolichRacing
Woolich Racing's new Fast Data Rate USB ECU Flashing Interface is now available for sale on our web site.

Woolich Racing - USB ECU Flashing Interface

The Woolich Racing USB Interface works in conjunction with the ecueditor.com software to provide the following functionality for your Hayabusa (08+), GSX-R and B-King.

Engine Data Logging
•Analyse Logged Engine Data and Auto Tune your IAP and TPS fuel maps
•Install a wideband O2 sensor into your exhaust and plug the 0-5v analog output directly into stock ECU to allow wideband AFR logging along side other engine data
•Monitor all engine data in real time on your laptop
•Log Engine Data to a .csv file for later review
ECU Flashing
•Tune your fuel maps to increase power (both IAP and TPS maps)
•Tune your Ignition Timing maps to increase power
•Remove Speed and RPM Limiters
•Increase the RPM limiter
•Control Turbo Boost Fueling with the stock ECU
•Progressive gear based Nitrous/Fuel/Ignition Ramp Rate Control with stock ECU
•Quickshifter fuel and ignition cut gear shifter
•Tune STP (Secondary Throttle Plates) maps
•Disable Stock O2 sensor and closed loop functionality
•Disable PAIR valve (air bleed into exhaust)
Advanced Racing Features
•Adjustable Traction Control (slew rate RPM limiter)
•Adjustable Launch Control (2 stage RPM limiter)
Note: Not all features above are available for all bike models

The USB ECU Flashing Interface is available as a kit with everything you need to start flashing your Suzuki ECU.

If you already have a BoostBySmith.com ECU Interface you can also purchase our interfaces with no harness. Our Interfaces are 100% compatible with the BoostBySmith.com Harness allowing you to easily upgrade your current interface...

You have received this email because you registered your email address on the WoolichRacing web site. Click here to stop receiving email correspondence from WoolichRacing

How We Got Started

Sat May 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi, my name is Justin Woolich from woolichracing.

Thought i would sign up to this forum and fill you guys in with some details on our new products for Kawasaki.

Short bit of history on Woolich Racing, we have been around for awhile now with our products and software for flashing Suzuki ECU's, Our products are being used in everything from GSX-R 1000 domestic superbikes to world record holding Turbo Hayabusa land speed racing bikes/cars to 7 second drag bikes and also many road and track bikes etc.

Our approach is to provide owners and tuners full access to modify various maps and settings that have been found in the stock ecu's. We dont sell "Tuned" bin files or offer flashing services, but rather sell products and software that allows our customers to tune for the specific bike and application. At a minimum our bin file definitions contain Fuel and Ignition maps and RPM limiters, some bin file definitions have much more available. The Gen 2 Hayabusa bin file definition having options including ECU controlled turbo boost fueling, and nitrous fueling etc.

Last week we released a range of new products to suit the ZX10R and ZX14R. These bikes use a Mitsubishi ECU which has a different flashing protocol to the Denso ECU's used in Suzuki's.

We also released the first of the bin file definitions (2008-2010 ZX10R). More will be released in the coming days and weeks including 2008-2011 ZX14R/ZZR1400, 2011-2012 ZX10R, 2012-2013 ZX14R

The following info should give you guys an overview of what you need to get started with ECU Flashing for your Kawasaki's

Hardware:
You need an Interface to connect your PC to the ECU which allows your PC to communicate with the ECU, for the kawasaki bikes with Mitsubishi ECU's this is the Woolich Racing Mitsubishi USB Interface .
You will also need a harness for the specific model of bike, we have a range of bench flashing harnesses available for ZX10R and ZX14R models from 2006-2013, the bench flashing harnesses plug straight into the main plugs on the stock ECU and allow you to read and write to the ECU when it is both mounted in the bike or out of the bike on the bench. We will also release on bike harnesses in the coming months, the on bike harnesses are installed on the bike and allow you to tune a bike without unplugging the main ECU plug. The easiest way to see what you need for your specific model is to go to our products page and click on the link for your model and year.

Software:
The Woolich Racing Tuned (WRT) software is free and allows you to view and edit the various maps and settings available in a bin file definition. There are a bunch of free suzuki bin files that come with the software which allows you to take a look at the software and see how it works, for Kawasaki models we charge a modest fee of $100 for a bin file definition for a specific model. For dealers we also have a Kawasaki Bin File pack which includes all of the stock Kawasaki bin files that we have available in the WRT software, this also gives you access to any future stock kawasaki bin files that we release into the software.

You can download the Woolich Racing Tuned software for free from the following link. You will need to register within the software, you will be sent an email to activate your account then you will be able to go to "Account"=>"Login" to download the free bin files and any bin files you have purchased from our site.

Bin file definitions can be purchased from our bin file definition purchase page (not all Kawasaki bin file definitions are available yet)

So to summarize
You will need a Mitsubishi USB Interface for $249
You will need a harness specific to your bike for $90-$120 for the bench flashing harnesses
You will need a bin file definition for your bike model for $100

There is no restriction on the number of bikes you can flash with the bin file but they are locked to a user account, so you cant just buy a bin file definition and share it on the internet. We do reinvest the funds from bin file purchases directly back into further ECU purchases and product development.

Sun May 05, 2013 7:19 am
Profile WWW

To answer the specific question on what will be available for the 08-11 ZX14R, the following features will be available in the bin file definition for this bike

• IAP Fuel Maps (used for low throttle postion fueling)
  • TPS Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Maps
  • Secondary Throttle Maps
  • Neutral RPM Limiter
  • Gear RPM Limiter
  • Top speed limiter
  • O2 Sensor Deactivate

Sun May 05, 2013 7:30 am
Profile WWW

jkwool wrote:
To answer the specific question on what will be available for the 08-11 ZX14R, the following features will be available in the bin file definition for this bike

• IAP Fuel Maps (used for low throttle postion fueling)
  • TPS Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Maps
  • Secondary Throttle Maps
  • Neutral RPM Limiter
  • Gear RPM Limiter
  • Top speed limiter
  • O2 Sensor Deactivate
Welcome JKwool ..
Just need to clear something up that is bugging me in your post .. Gen 1 ZX14 2006 to 2011 is not an R model .. Gen1 bulit from 2006 to 2011 .. Gen 2 ZX14R 2012 and 2013 ... The two bikes are completely different ..

Now that we are hopefully on the same page do you have now everything needed to flash the new ZX14R 2012 to 2013 ZX14R in stock ? And if so what is the total cost for everything needed to reflash a Gen 2 ZX14R 2012 to 2013 ..?

Thanks Smokin ...

Sun May 05, 2013 8:04 am

Ok, sorry for the mistake with model names and thanks for the correction. I do realize they are completely different bikes ;)

Yes we have everything in stock for the 2012-2013 ZX14R.

You will need a Mitsubishi USB Interface $249 and Kawasaki Bench Harness Type 3 $100

As mentioned above the bin file definitions for the Woolich Racing Tuned software also need to be purchased for this model and they will be available in the coming weeks for $100.

Sun May 05, 2013 8:23 am
Profile WWW

sounds pretty good to me. so as of right now the 14 wont have all the options of say a busa. but do you think we will have complete controll of the ecu one day like the busa does. i would like to beable to get rid of all the electronics on my bike and do everything with the ecu.like shift kill,switch maps and controll nos. im most likely going to order everything to do my 06. with what i see you are offering sofar i can atleast get rid of my powercommander and ignition module along with rasing my revlimiter and doing away with certain restrictions.

Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 am

jkwool wrote:
Ok, sorry for the mistake with model names and thanks for the correction. I do realize they are completely different bikes ;)

Yes we have everything in stock for the 2012-2013 ZX14R.

You will need a Mitsubishi USB Interface $249 and Kawasaki Bench Harness Type 3 $100

As mentioned above the bin file definitions for the Woolich Racing Tuned software also need to be purchased for this model and they will be available in the coming weeks for $100.

Ok that is the info we needed .. Thank you so much .. So we are looking at 449.00 to be able to flash our 2012 and 2013 ZX14R ... Now that sounds like something we can use ...

Thanks Smokin ...

Sun May 05, 2013 8:39 am

Whats the total cost for a 14r?

wee

Sun May 05, 2013 8:40 am

quick6 wrote:
sounds pretty good to me. so as of right now the 14 wont have all the options of say a busa. but do you think we will have complete controll of the ecu one day like the busa does. i would like to beable to get rid of all the electronics on my bike and do everything with the ecu.like shift kill,switch maps and controll nos. im most likely going to order everything to do my 06. with what i see you are offering sofar i can atleast get rid of my powercommander and ignition module along with rasing my revlimiter and doing away with certain restrictions.

We may look to add some of these features in the future, our initial focus is on getting the main tuning features available across the range of models. Once you start flashing the ECU instead of using power commanders or other add on modules you wont go back!

Sun May 05, 2013 8:44 am
Profile WWW

jkwool wrote:
quick6 wrote:

We may look to add some of these features in the future, our initial focus is on getting the main tuning features available across the range of models. Once you start flashing the ECU instead of using power commanders or other add on modules you wont go back!
jkwool you have a PM ..please read .. thanks smokin ..

Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 am

SmokinZX14 wrote:
WOW i was in till i saw that 700.00 dollar BIN charge !!!! If i got the hole set up i don't know if i would ever get my money back ... Not like i have people in here every day wanting a reflash ...And i would not change my Guhl / Brocks flash anytime soon either ... This looks like something like a high end shop with a dyno would or could use ... :(
So was the total $1100 shipped? Brocks Flash II in local "U.S." really fast turn around, and plug and play, the tc default off is handy too, don't know much about the new product and the other options. I'm sticking with Brock for now like Smokin, but this will be fun to watch when riders get a chance to use it.

wee

Sun May 05, 2013 10:11 am

Wheelie wrote:
Brocks Flash II in local "U.S." really fast turn around, and plug and play, the tc default off is handy too, don't know much about the new product and the other options. I'm sticking with Brock for now like Smokin, but this will be fun to watch when riders get a chance to use it.

wee

Like I mentioned in an earlier post
" While I appreciate and commend Guhl for all of their contributions to increasing the pleasure and performance of the 14 their flash is of very limited use to a racer who needs to be able to tune at the track. The best of both worlds would be to have Don program the things that this unit doesn't give you access to and then be able to use this unit at the track to take care of the rest."

How We Got Started

Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 am

trganey wrote:
Wheelie wrote:
Brocks Flash II in local "U.S." really fast turn around, and plug and play, the tc default off is handy too, don't know much about the new product and the other options. I'm sticking with Brock for now like Smokin, but this will be fun to watch when riders get a chance to use it.

wee

" While I appreciate and commend Guhl for all of their contributions to increasing the pleasure and performance of the 14 their flash is of very limited use to a racer who needs to be able to tune at the track. The best of both worlds would be to have Don program the things that this unit doesn't give you access to and then be able to use this unit at the track to take care of the rest."
what do you need to tune at the track? a/f?

wee

Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 am

It all depends, We run Pro Et as well as TG. In Pro Et since it doesn't matter how fast or slow you are the only thing that we'd usually want to tune would be the fuel maps for our desired A/F. Top Gas on the other hand is an index class so there are times when we'd like to slow the bike down or just de-tune it off the line to make it more consistant. I know there are as many ways to accomplish this as there are bikes to do it on but it never hurst to have a few more tools in the arsenal.

How We Got Started

Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 am

trganey wrote:
It all depends, We run Pro Et as well as TG. In Pro Et since it doesn't matter how fast or slow you are the only thing that we'd usually want to tune would be the fuel maps for our desired A/F. Top Gas on the other hand is an index class so there are times when we'd like to slow the bike down or just de-tune it off the line to make it more consistant. I know there are as many ways to accomplish this as there are bikes to do it on but it never hurst to have a few more tools in the arsenal.
PCV lets me tune my a/f every weekend with a Brocks Flash II, I ain't slowin my 14r down with the ecu, my weight does a good job at that. lol

wee

Sun May 05, 2013 10:36 am

Wheelie wrote:
trganey wrote:
Wheelie wrote:

wee

what do you need to tune at the track? a/f?

wee

Sun May 05, 2013 10:40 am

/quote]what do you need to tune at the track? a/f?

wee[/quote]
i see it being very useful at the track. besides being able to tune a/f at the track you could pull timing or depending on track conditions. i just feel like the more aftermarket add ons you can take off will not only clean up the looms of wires you have to run for everything. why not controll everything you can with the ecu? its not like we have alot of room on these bikes for add ons anyways. maybe down the road we could get rid of our shift kill boxes and nos controllers.

Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 am
Hangaround

Interesting thread here. It looks like a new product is coming to the market. It may change the game for some but I think the vast majority of owners don't have the capability or the desire to do it themselves. I sure don't.

There is a lot of more than satisfied customers of Guhl and Brock here with their service and I'm sure that will continue. To be fair to our sponsor Guhl Motors the site is going to ask and I've heard our new member jkwool will respect our policy to not hyperlink his offering in his posts and if you are one of those interested in his product just do a Google search on Woolich Racing. This way we are fair to our sponsor and JKWool and there should be plenty of room for all.

Welcome JK and thanks for telling us about your work and for your understanding about our board policy concerning hyperlinks to vendors products.

Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 am

Mike wrote:

Interesting thread here. It looks like a new product is coming to the market. It may change the game for some but I think the vast majority of owners don't have the capability or the desire to do it themselves. I sure don't.

There is a lot of more than satisfied customers of Guhl and Brock here with their service and I'm sure that will continue. To be fair to our sponsor Guhl motors the site is going to ask and I've heard our new member jkwool will respect our policy to not hyperlink his offering in his posts and if you are one of those interested in his product just do a Google search on Woolich Racing. This way we are fair to our sponsor and JKWool and there should be plenty of room for all.

Welcome JK and thanks for telling us about your work and for your understanding about our board policy concerning hyperlinks to vendors products.

Great post mike ... We all want to know about new products for our zx14s .. This will be good for someone that wants to be able to tune at the track.. Most of us will never need anything more than Guhls/ Brocks 2 flash .. Guhl / Brocks flash 2 has been tested over and over and it works , just look at my numbers to see proof..

I have asked Woolich Racing to stay on as a member and not a sponsor at this point, my hope is he does remain a member ..

Smokin ..

Sun May 05, 2013 11:53 am

I think this is competing against Powercommander products, not Guhl/Brocks flash ecu.

There are couple gurus here in Finland testing now Justin´s software, lookin good.
Software is almost same as Ecueditor.

Iam so happy that finally we can tune without PCV.

Great work Justin :thumbs:

Sun May 05, 2013 12:38 pm
Hangaround

You might be right! We're all here to learn as much as we can whether or not we have plans to use it. We certainly wish the best to all vendors involved in improving and developing new products associated with our sport.
:thumbs: :clap: :vroom:
We'll be watching this here for sure!

Sun May 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi guys, sorry i didnt meant to upset anyone with my posts, I was mainly just responding to one of your members who emailed me some questions and a link to the forum, and I totally understand the position with regards to your site sponsors and posting links etc.

I guess what Woolich Racing are doing is a bit of a game changer for the Kawasaki's, and we have quite a bit planned which will greatly assist you guys to tune your bikes yourselves at the dyno/track, these features include the stuff discussed above as well as live engine data direct from the ECU, data logging and the Woolich Racing Auto Tune feature etc etc.

At the very least the new Woolich Racing products will give people options when tuning their bikes, and that can never be a bad thing!

Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Hangaround

We're glad your here Woolich. Again thank you for respecting our board policy about vendor links. I did a bit of research and see that you've been doing this for other brands for some time now. I hope you hang around and keep sharing your information and make some new friends here.

Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks Mike, and yeah for sure I will stick around and keep you guys updated on what we are up to ;)

Mon May 06, 2013 8:29 am
Profile WWW

I've always been curious about using the ecu for fuel control like the Busa guys do, where do you get maps so to speak or does everything have to be dynotuned or tuned via data logging and how easy to use is the interface?

Mon May 06, 2013 5:25 pm

I plan to finish off the 2012-2013 ZX14R bin file definition in the next couple of days, i will do a video to show you how simple it is to use the Woolich Racing Tuned software and how much control you get over the ECU.

Mon May 06, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Does your software edit the traction control?

wee

Mon May 06, 2013 5:51 pm

What are Bin file definitions? I am not at all familiar with ECU editing, are there "canned" "maps" for different equipment combinations? Can I take a Brock PCV map and convert it over to the ecu?

Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 pm

This is great news! IMO the bin files are the stock maps. This wouldn't be a tuned ecu like you're getting from brock, guhl. or any of the other guys. This would be an open ecu that you could tune yourself. It is exactly what I'm looking for. If I could get full control like the gen 2 busa guys have I'd be as happy as a pig in crap. Get rid of all the extra electronics and look at it all in one screen. Every time I'm at the track, I'm reading data to tweak on maps to get everything I can out of it. No one map, is perfect for every track, day and weather condition. Variables are constantly changing and so should the tune.

Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Ok let me get some clarification. If I purchase this and get an 02 sensor,I can go to the track make a few passes open my laptop look at the data and adjust fuel then make another pass and adjust further, with NO OTHER hardware needed? I.e data logger...

Mon May 06, 2013 10:12 pm

^that's how it sounds to me.

Tue May 07, 2013 6:39 am

i may be wrong but i believe you will need his data logging box and an on bike harness to datalog. i have been checking into this over the last few days. going to order everything sometime next week. we have 5 14s in our camp so this will be very useful for us. we all have widebands on our bikes now. so for now we will data log with those. but i did notice his data logger has a very fast sample rate. almost twice as fast as my wideband.

Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 am

Wheelie wrote:
Does your software edit the traction control?

wee

Not initially, we may look into this later, initial focus is on main tuning maps and features e.g limiters

Tue May 07, 2013 8:42 am
Profile WWW

BlackMagic14 wrote:
What are Bin file definitions? I am not at all familiar with ECU editing, are there "canned" "maps" for different equipment combinations? Can I take a Brock PCV map and convert it over to the ecu?

A bin file is the binary file that runs on the processor inside the ECU, it contains the software, settings and maps that control Fueling and Ignition etc. We don't sell "canned" maps as it is my strong belief that every bike and engine is an individual and should be tuned specifically for the set up and conditions. Our tools allow you to do this.

Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 am
Profile WWW

BlackMagic14 wrote:
Ok let me get some clarification. If I purchase this and get an 02 sensor,I can go to the track make a few passes open my laptop look at the data and adjust fuel then make another pass and adjust further, with NO OTHER hardware needed? I.e data logger...

Not currently for Kawasakis, for the Gen 2 hayabusa and later model GSX-R's this is the case with the Woolich Racing Log Box. This set up allows you to plug a wideband o2 sensor into the ECU and the log box will log the engine data and AFR at around 20hz to the on board micro sd card. The log files can then be opened up in the Woolich Racing Tuned software and the Auto Tune module allows you to adjust the fuel maps based on the logged data to get your target AFR.

However we are not at this stage of development with the Kawasaki ECU's. The product we have just released is the Mitsubishi USB Interface which allows you to connect to the ECU and Read and Write the bin file. It also has an engine data circuit which will soon allow real time engine data to be displayed on a connected PC (with an on bike harness). The Mitsubishi USB Interface does not have an on board micro sd card so no logging function. The harnesses we have available initially are the bench flashing harnesses which plug directly into the ECU main plug with no harness mods. They just take a 12v power from an external source via the included 2 pin power plug and plug into the Mitsubishi USB Interface which in turn plugs into your computer via a standard USB cable.

Tue May 07, 2013 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 439 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next