View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Clutch slave cylinder leaking again,common problem? 

I have a 2013 with just over 20,000 miles. Just went into the garage to change the oil and found that the clutch slave cylinder is leaking again. This is the third time I have had this issue. Last two times I had new seals to put in, this time I had to just clean it out (ordering new seal). Everytime this has happened there is alot of "junk" in the area behind the slave cylinder. Anytime I have the sprocket cover off for maintenance etc. I very thoroughly clean behind the sprocket cover. I get all the gunk from behind it. I noticed this time that there were a couple light nicks where the seal for the slave cylinder goes. I am assuming that the chain picked up something and it made its way in there causing the nicks. I used progressive wet sandpaper up to 1000 grit to remove the nicks. Not sure if this is what is causing the issue or not. It is not leaking now, but the real test will be when we ride Sunday. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues. Everytime it has leaked the seals all look perfect. Not torn or anything. If it happens again I may have to look for a new sprocket cover.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:26 pm

Friend of mine had his start leaking at 75000 miles , we just replaced the hole unit with a new one ... No more problems ..

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Thanks Lee, I will probably go ahead and order a brand new one to have it here if the other starts leaking. I should have noted this in my post, but I bought a used slave cylinder from a very low mile bike. I put that one in first and it lasted about 6000 miles. I then put a brand new gasket on the original slave that came on my bike, and thats the one that just started leaking. The two seperate slave cylinders leaking is what got me thinking it may be the front sprocket cover. Ill order a new slave and keep my eyes out for a sprocket cover that way I have them both here. Thanks again!!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]