View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 California Smog removal question 

I have a new 2015 ZX-14R, I just installed a LeoVince full system. I had Don reflash the ECU. My question is after installing Ivan's block off kit I am wondering about the part in the picture, I think it is called the purge valve, can I unhook this without getting a code? Or can I just pull the hose off and cap it? Or could I just join both wires together and make a loop?

Thank you,

Kelly

Attachments:
20151220_120553.jpg
20151220_120553.jpg [ 176.22 KiB | Viewed 340 times ]
Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:58 pm

kelly14R wrote:
I have a new 2015 ZX-14R, I just installed a LeoVince full system. I had Don reflash the ECU. My question is after installing Ivan's block off kit I am wondering about the part in the picture, I think it is called the purge valve, can I unhook this without getting a code? Or can I just pull the hose off and cap it? Or could I just join both wires together and make a loop?

Thank you,

Kelly

Unplugging throws a code on my 2013, if I remember correctly? (pretty sure I am.) Jumper wire is all it took to clear code. Again, from memory. I'd go look but the bike is stored for winter. If you can wait until late march.... I'll double check then. ;) For sure I removed the charcoal canister and all the plumbing and that purge valve too. Dead weight... I'm not in Calif but all the Kawasaki bikes I have seen west of the Rockys are Cal spec bikes. I tried to get one that wasn't. The dealer just gave me a blank stare when I asked then said he would try. Pretty sure that was the last time he thought about it. ;)

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Thanks that helps.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:25 pm

I had a California bike. removing the connector will throw a code and it will not idle correctly. I just left it connected and plugged off the hoses and removed the cannistor.
Some one had a fix with a jumper wire or a resistor added.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:38 pm

Thanks for the info I just left it plugged in and blocked off the hoses and it runs fine.

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]