View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Woolich Flash and Secondary Flies 

I bought a left over 2013 ZX14r this summer and put 200 miles on it, not as much riding as I wanted to do to it but oh well it was a nice riding while I could.

Looking at the plans I have for the winter and spring.

This winter I plan on doing a Woolich flash kit with all the options including the data logger, quick shift option and the launch control. This spring I plan on putting an Alien Head 2 black full exhaust kit on it. Eventually I will put the clutch kit and longer swing arm in but that may wait until next winter.

The question I have it the secondary flies, has anyone done the flash and played with the opening in the flies, if so what have you done and how have you tested.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:43 pm

Yep just open them earlier for me it was 100% from 5500rpm

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:02 am

There are different ways to do it ... Best to remove the flies ... After that you can copy and paste the 6th gear flies map into all the other gears ... You can also just have them go full on at 3500 or 2500 .. But either way it's best to remove them .. Just remember just removing the flies is not the full fix , you must map the ECU to open them faster even if the flies are removed because the flies shaft has a TPS sensor and still sends info to the ECU ... Without advancing the flies map the timing map will be slow and lazy ..By advancing the flies map you will increase timing in the low end .. Very helpful for daily riding ..

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Hello:
I'm going to remove secondary throttle plates today and install PC-V with autotune. Also read that 13.4-13.5 AFR is best for ZX-14R (2012 non ABS model) for fast acceleration.
I would like to hear about your experiences with this mod, please only those whom made this already to be sure of the results. Thanks.

1991 ZX-11 C

Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:14 am

If anyone has the information, I would very much like to see comparative dyno graphs showing the torque delivered by the engine over the 2500 to 5000 RPM range in standard form and then with the secondary throttle plates opening early. I have read many times that the seat of the pants feel is significant when riding the bike but I have never seen graphs showing the actual magnitude of change. So what kind of numbers are we talking about? Is it just a few lb-ft (probably not discernible) or is it something considerably more? If it's something like 10 or 20 lb-ft at 3000 RPM that would really be worth while. Thanks.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]