View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 2016 ZZR1400 Revealed 

European bikes (ZZR1400) for 2016 have been revealed!
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/2016-kawasaki-zzr1400-revealed/28304.html#ixzz3oducTWUW
ZX14Rs may be a little different! :D

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Nice suspension & braking upgrades they offer to everyone but us. USA never gets the version with Akra exhaust

USA GETTING BREMBO BRAKES and steel lines on Special Edition
No Akra exhaust or Ohlins suspension though

2015 30th Anniversary Edition 14R #250-> Brock's CT Ceramic Coated, PCV w/Ivan's Map, Ivan's ECU Flash V2, Block off plates, WB2 w/lcd, HM Strain gauge quickshifter, GPR Damper, Spiegler lines, Muzzy's Sliders, Pazzo levers, Rizoma Next Fluid Tanks, DDM Ultra 5500K HID's Low & Hi, DB Windscreen, Cox Radiator guard, gold titanium bolts... too many to list at this point

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm

Basically, BNG deluxe. I mean, there is nothing compelling a current 14R owner to upgrade, imo.

But, let's see...I'm not getting rid of my 2012, though. :D

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:20 pm

Shane661 wrote:
Basically, BNG deluxe. I mean, there is nothing compelling a current 14R owner to upgrade, imo.

Damn straight.....why would ANY current owner upgrade to a new model year. :dunno:
LOT'S of barely used ones out there for reasonable prices. Almost half price of a new one.....
I can't imagine how much money I have lost buying new model motorcycles for the last 40 years. :shock:
They lose half of retail value in about 3 years or so...
Always had to have the latest greatest I did....and boy has it cost over time..... :wreck:

Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:49 pm

Warbird wrote:
Shane661 wrote:

Damn straight.....why would ANY current owner upgrade to a new model year. :dunno:
LOT'S of barely used ones out there for reasonable prices. Almost half price of a new one.....
I can't imagine how much money I have lost buying new model motorcycles for the last 40 years. :shock:
Always had to have the latest greatest I did....and boy has it cost over time..... :wreck:

Yeah.. but it's only money. Worth every penny to have it new IMO. I try to get them fresh out of the crate. Show room models feel used to me. :lol:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:00 am

motocycho wrote:
Warbird wrote:
Shane661 wrote:

Yeah.. but it's only money. Worth every penny to have it new IMO. I try to get them fresh out of the crate. Show room models feel used to me. :lol:

Heh heh.... :D I meant why would anyone upgrade from a 2012 14R to say, a 2014 14R? :dunno:

My new bikes never sat on the showroom floor. Right out of the crate. Over 40 years of brand new bikes adds up to a LOT of bikes and a LOT of money
lost in depreciation.......just saying..... :o

I always have quite a few bikes in the garage at one time so it seems like none of them get many miles
put on them. When I sell them and only get.... say...half of what I paid for them new...not including mods....it adds up over time.
Now that I am getting older when I look back at some of these things I think maybe I could have done better....
or maybe differently. Love every bike I've owned though and wish i had them all still today. :mrgreen:

Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]