View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:43 am





Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 what have you done to your bike today?? 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm
Posts: 70
Location: houston,tx
bike lowered 1.5 inch front and rear..fender eliminator too..



Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
shawnski wrote:
bike lowered 1.5 inch front and rear..fender eliminator too..



Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Best color! :thumbs:
I need to finish lowering mine in the front.

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
Hmmm.... I guess it works.

Image


Image

Image

Alot less silver.

Image

I take the shittiest pictures.
Image

This morning at 5 am, about to leave for work.
Image

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:59 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:05 pm
Posts: 143
Location: Liverpool, U.K.
A small change for me today.
Schnitz to Brock's. :D
Attachment:
Strap Bracket..gif
Strap Bracket..gif [ 718.19 KiB | Viewed 2282 times ]

Only a very small weight saving but looks way better!


Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:28 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
Caught the back edge of the pan on an odd dip in the road.

Image

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:50 pm
Posts: 100
Fatsix wrote:
Caught the back edge of the pan on an odd dip in the road.

Image



That sucks ! but first thing is, glad you are ok, looks like you got it to the side of the road before you got oil starvation to the engine ?


Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
car-abuser wrote:
Fatsix wrote:
Caught the back edge of the pan on an odd dip in the road.

Image



That sucks ! but first thing is, glad you are ok, looks like you got it to the side of the road before you got oil starvation to the engine ?


Well before. I scraped it just enough to crack it, It actually felt like the suspension bottomed out. I was looking in the mirror wondering what that shiny line the width of my wheel was behind me. And why was it following me! I pulled over into a parking lot. Once I turned the engine off, the rest poured out.

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Fatsix wrote:
car-abuser wrote:
Fatsix wrote:
Caught the back edge of the pan on an odd dip in the road.

Image



That sucks ! but first thing is, glad you are ok, looks like you got it to the side of the road before you got oil starvation to the engine ?


Well before. I scraped it just enough to crack it, It actually felt like the suspension bottomed out. I was looking in the mirror wondering what that shiny line the width of my wheel was behind me. And why was it following me! I pulled over into a parking lot. Once I turned the engine off, the rest poured out.

Time to call OSR and get a cut pan with the drain plug moved ... :shock: I just noticed it a zx14R !! Man you must have that thing slammed down to the ground to hit the pan .. I have mine lower that I could ever get my Gen 1 zx14s and have yet to hit the pan ... It will hit my pipe before I hit the pan and I haven't even put a mark on my pipes yet ..


Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
Like I said it was an odd dip, and I was going to fast. It was 2 foot across and span the entire width of the road. It hit the back of the pan, like I jumped the dip and the suspension straddled the ridge of the other side of the dip and contacted the pan. I ride over it everyday to work, I did wrong :( The bike is lowered 1.5" front and back. I cleaned the pan up. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and see if I can get some time in the fab shop. I would cut and raise the floor of it myself, but I am not sure what OSR does with the pickup.

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Fatsix wrote:
Like I said it was an odd dip, and I was going to fast. It was 2 foot across and span the entire width of the road. It hit the back of the pan, like I jumped the dip and the suspension straddled the ridge of the other side of the dip and contacted the pan. I ride over it everyday to work, I did wrong :( The bike is lowered 1.5" front and back. I cleaned the pan up. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and see if I can get some time in the fab shop. I would cut and raise the floor of it myself, but I am not sure what OSR does with the pickup.

Image

Image

Image

Image
you should be fine just getting it welded back up .. OSR shortens the pan a bit and they also cut down your pickup to fit ..


Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
The titty that the pick up sits on is 5mm. So that answers my question of how much to shorten it, if I decide to go that route. Clearance gain would be 15-17mm.

Decisions, Decisions. OSR?


On its way to OSR

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
Image

I took that picture right before I bolted the fairings back on. I filled the bike up with oil, ran it, checked for leaks. While I was looking for the remaining few bolts, I noticed the windage tray was sitting on the bottom of the tool cart. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. I was much faster at R&R the pan the second time.

Image

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Cebu City, Philippines
Added Stomp Grip Traction Pads:

Image

_________________
2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R Metallic Midnight Sapphire Blue


Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:16 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Tampa, Florida
Last night I made a license plate mount and adjusted my valves.

_________________
2005 R6
2012 Monster 696
2010 Ninja 250
Image


Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 am
Profile
Hangaround
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 642
Location: Colorado
Image

Trying a set of Avon Super Bike Air Cushion grips. Larger diameter compared to the stock grips. They are not as soft as they might look. One thing to note- when they talk about the different cams that come with them they aren't talking about cams that change the ratio like a 1/5 throttle does. What the cams do is let the same grip fit different bike models. You choose the cam that fits your bike and then use the super glue that is included to permanently glue the cam on to the grip and toss the other. It sounds a little cheesy but the throttle sleeve also has teeth on it where you place the glue so I doubt it would ever come loose. They look like they'll last and the grip rubber is replaceable by Avon for 10.00 a side if needed.

:arrow: http://avongrips.com/shop/products/SB-Air-Cushioned-Anodized-Grips.html

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:37 pm
Posts: 159
Location: Devon, UK
Removed the race numbers, returned the suspension to normal height, put the rear view mirrors back on, lubed the drive chain and cleaned the bodywork. After a successful weekend LSR meeting.


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 207.6 KiB | Viewed 2025 times ]
Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:09 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:34 am
Posts: 77
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Put a new front and rear shinko on the wife's 14. Need a new rear on mine but will have to wait. Getting cooler anyway so the Mrs won't ride so I'll use hers.

_________________
06zx14,06zx14


Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:26 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Mike wrote:
Image


Image
^click here


Turbowillie here fellows I ordered the Woolich software and Plug in device nice tiny little unit not sure if i'm breaking any rules but I just thought seeing that I haven't seen anybody post any pictures I post this.

Can't wait to see what happens when I hack the ECU and put it on the Dyno. :vroom: :D


Attachments:
IMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG [ 1.94 MiB | Viewed 2000 times ]
Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:37 am
Posts: 80
Location: New Zealand
I took my pipes off today to clean them and found a cat in my header pipes. Euro trash.
Fixed it. Didn't even need take headers off the bike. The US headers are the same minus header cat and both versions have catalytic converters in the tail pipes also.


Attachments:
caty 002 20.jpg
caty 002 20.jpg [ 202.31 KiB | Viewed 1979 times ]
caty 001 20.jpg
caty 001 20.jpg [ 198.36 KiB | Viewed 1979 times ]
Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:11 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Turbowillie wrote:
Mike wrote:
Image


Image
^click here


Turbowillie here fellows I ordered the Woolich software and Plug in device nice tiny little unit not sure if i'm breaking any rules but I just thought seeing that I haven't seen anybody post any pictures I post this.

Can't wait to see what happens when I hack the ECU and put it on the Dyno. :vroom: :D
Turbowillie I have the same kit coming from Woolich , problem is it's coming by slow boat from down under .. It should be here in a few weeks :(


Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:43 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
My bike is down for the 10 count .. Axle adjuster didn't like the pressure of my engine at the track and bent the adjuster bolt and spit off the chain ... I had to ordered a few parts to get it back together . So I'm putting my Evil arm back on.. While it's all apart i'm going to install my N20 kit that has been setting on my work bench for 8 months .. Reinstall my BST wheels , tiger under tail ...Ect .. Should have it ready for the Man Cup at BMP in Nov .. I hope to have time to test my Guhl E85 flash before Nov race ..

Got my c14 lowered and ready to make a few passes at the track .. At least I have something to ride while the zx14r is down .. This c14 runs pretty good , I rolled on with a guy with a gixxer 1000 and beat him .. He was like WTF kind of bike is that !!!


Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:26 pm
Posts: 22
Location: Perth, Western Australia
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Turbowillie wrote:
Mike wrote:
Image


Image
^click here


Turbowillie here fellows I ordered the Woolich software and Plug in device nice tiny little unit not sure if i'm breaking any rules but I just thought seeing that I haven't seen anybody post any pictures I post this.

Can't wait to see what happens when I hack the ECU and put it on the Dyno. :vroom: :D
Turbowillie I have the same kit coming from Woolich , problem is it's coming by slow boat from down under .. It should be here in a few weeks :(



Hopefully you wont have to wait that long for the package to arrive it's only 22cm x 15cm and 3cm high so the setup is quite small in comparison to the Power Commander V but saying that the unit should turn up within a couple of weeks in total Aussie posts mail usually runs a lot slower than most other countries like the UK and US. You hopefully will be impressed with the size of the unit and the small amount of cabling. :vroom:


Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:30 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm
Posts: 562
Location: OBX. NC
Had the dealer install BST's with new tires front and rear on Friday. Ceramic bearings puchased from Lee. Wheels purchased from Madness Racing. Couldn't be happier as I never thought I'd be able to pull the trigger on these rims and have been wanting them since owning the bike. Big thanks to Shorty at Madness for making this happen. Without his help I'd never have been able to do it.

_________________
2009 Black and CF ZX14 2005 Turbo Hayabusa 2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for another turbo ZX14 or 84-85 GS1150E.


Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:06 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:09 pm
Posts: 18
Mod fuel tank


Attachments:
Photo064.jpg
Photo064.jpg [ 409.36 KiB | Viewed 1940 times ]
Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:02 am
Posts: 15
Location: Nocona,Tx.
Dumped the Rotella T and went Mobile1 T4 this go round at 6,672 miles. Clutch was a little grabby at first but cleaned right up after the 2nd stop.
Changed out the clutch and brake fluid. Clean and lube the chain.
Rode the piss out of it today.

Hey Lee,didn't know you scored a C-14,nice. She's a barge but a good bike.
Had an '08 I dicked with for a couple of yrs.,traded it in on the 14R.

Image
Image

Lots of ZX-14 bolts right up too.
;-)


Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:37 am
Posts: 80
Location: New Zealand
zixxer14 wrote:
Parked it & rode my new (to me) track bike...............way fun ride.

Image


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbsbMpV ... 3vSwBAhxLw


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBv-dm ... 3vSwBAhxLw


This was me racing post classic fzr1000 exup pre 1989 class

1040 kit,flatslides and so on. it owed me the cost of a new zx14r lol.

Running costs worked out to average $1100nzd per hour on the track.


Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:16 pm
Posts: 304
smokin, sux to hear that happen. good thing is that nothing happened to you or major damage to your "Blue Beauty". keep me posted on your n20 install. i have one myself thats been sitting in my man cave. havent really installed it yet because i havent quite found someone to tune for n20 when i get home ill post picks of the bottle at least installed in the swingarm. lol


Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:54 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
kingtramp wrote:
Mod fuel tank
Wow nice job on the tank ... Looks cool .. :thumbs:


Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
shotgun wrote:
Dumped the Rotella T and went Mobile1 T4 this go round at 6,672 miles. Clutch was a little grabby at first but cleaned right up after the 2nd stop.
Changed out the clutch and brake fluid. Clean and lube the chain.
Rode the piss out of it today.

Hey Lee,didn't know you scored a C-14,nice. She's a barge but a good bike.
Had an '08 I dicked with for a couple of yrs.,traded it in on the 14R.

Image
Image

Lots of ZX-14 bolts right up too.
;-)
I'm really impressed with the C14 .. I really think I can get some mid to low 10s out of her at the track .. It sure is a nice riding bike with a good deal of power to boot .. :vroom:


Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:26 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Woolich flashing tools are here !!! I had to have him send or set me up with the BIN files for the zx14R , he did that for me today .. He is also working on Bin files for my C14 .. :thumbs:


Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:29 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm
Posts: 562
Location: OBX. NC
We finally got around to doing some things that have been on the list for a while now. 1st thing is quite controversial in that we removed the entire rear braking system. Next we removed the little fairing that's right under the shock. I don't know what the heck its official name is but I'm sure you guys know which one I'm talking about. Lastly we remove the entire passenger pegs and brackets. I've got the one from the right side that the Muzzy canister bolts to in order to fab up some sort of aluminum bracket. Altogether I'd guess we lost 10+ pounds. Not much and removing the rear brakes is very dangerous but at least it's something. Next time at the track we'll have the 46T sprocket on the bike also. Oh yeah, I cleaned that fancy chain for a couple of hours until it shines like it's chrome plated. Also removed all the tire material from the entire rear section of the bike while the rear tire/rim was off. Small stuff but it felt good doing something to the bike that's productive again.

_________________
2009 Black and CF ZX14 2005 Turbo Hayabusa 2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for another turbo ZX14 or 84-85 GS1150E.


Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:50 pm
Posts: 100
Smokin, get to play around with the woolich yet ? Please let us know what you think,

Thanks


Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:29 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
car-abuser wrote:
Smokin, get to play around with the woolich yet ? Please let us know what you think,

Thanks

Not yet , I have just been to busy at the shop to play with my bike or any of my toys .. I have opened the soft wear on my computer and looked at all the fuel mapping and timing maps on the ZX14R .. Got a good look at the safely map also .. The stock fly map really tells the story on how they slowed the bike down , or I
should say tamed the bike down in the lower gears .. :thumbs:


Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 243
SmokinZX14 wrote:
car-abuser wrote:
Smokin, get to play around with the woolich yet ? Please let us know what you think,

Thanks

Not yet , I have just been to busy at the shop to play with my bike or any of my toys .. I have opened the soft wear on my computer and looked at all the fuel mapping and timing maps on the ZX14R .. Got a good look at the safely map also .. The stock fly map really tells the story on how they slowed the bike down , or I
should say tamed the bike down in the lower gears .. :thumbs:



Fly map, meaning with the second flies installed? Or just the stock map all together?

I'm debating on to remove my second flies or not..


Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:29 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3014
Location: Dallas Texas
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
car-abuser wrote:
Smokin, get to play around with the woolich yet ? Please let us know what you think,

Thanks

Not yet , I have just been to busy at the shop to play with my bike or any of my toys .. I have opened the soft wear on my computer and looked at all the fuel mapping and timing maps on the ZX14R .. Got a good look at the safely map also .. The stock fly map really tells the story on how they slowed the bike down , or I
should say tamed the bike down in the lower gears .. :thumbs:



Fly map, meaning with the second flies installed? Or just the stock map all together?

I'm debating on to remove my second flies or not..

Pull em. :mrgreen:

wee


Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3470
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
What Wee said ... Pull Them ...


Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 243
SmokinZX14 wrote:
What Wee said ... Pull Them ...



I think I read somewhere that by removing it can affect the idling? And other small affects.

What affects have you seen? (Wee or smokin)

Pm me if this question makes "off topic" in this thread.


Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:37 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3014
Location: Dallas Texas
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
What Wee said ... Pull Them ...



I think I read somewhere that by removing it can affect the idling? And other small affects.

What affects have you seen? (Wee or smokin)

Pm me if this question makes "off topic" in this thread.
Removal didn't effect my idling. I've pulled them on 3 zx14's.

wee


Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 243
Wheelie wrote:
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
What Wee said ... Pull Them ...



I think I read somewhere that by removing it can affect the idling? And other small affects.

What affects have you seen? (Wee or smokin)

Pm me if this question makes "off topic" in this thread.
Removal didn't effect my idling. I've pulled them on 3 zx14's.

wee


:thumbs:


Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 243
Once removed, I probably need to remap correct?


Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:53 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 pm
Posts: 223
Location: West Texas
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
Once removed, I probably need to remap correct?


I've got a stone stk 2012 14r(stk exhaust and all). It was suggested by Lee and Wee to pull the secondary flies, no remapping needed. I did and I can tell you that I've not noticed any issues what-so-ever. The bike has better throttle response down low in the lower gears. I have put 200miles on it since removing them and all is good. Took it to the track too with it at SWB and no issues there either, other than it wheeling HARD once the clutch is out.

_________________
-Mark
2012 ZX-14R


Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 243
Birdoprey wrote:
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
Once removed, I probably need to remap correct?


I've got a stone stk 2012 14r(stk exhaust and all). It was suggested by Lee and Wee to pull the secondary flies, no remapping needed. I did and I can tell you that I've not noticed any issues what-so-ever. The bike has better throttle response down low in the lower gears. I have put 200miles on it since removing them and all is good. Took it to the track too with it at SWB and no issues there either, other than it wheeling HARD once the clutch is out.



Have you dyno'ed or seen the air/fuel ratio to see if its safe?


Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:03 pm
Posts: 223
Location: West Texas
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
Birdoprey wrote:
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
Once removed, I probably need to remap correct?


I've got a stone stk 2012 14r(stk exhaust and all). It was suggested by Lee and Wee to pull the secondary flies, no remapping needed. I did and I can tell you that I've not noticed any issues what-so-ever. The bike has better throttle response down low in the lower gears. I have put 200miles on it since removing them and all is good. Took it to the track too with it at SWB and no issues there either, other than it wheeling HARD once the clutch is out.



Have you dyno'ed or seen the air/fuel ratio to see if its safe?


Nope, but there is no surging at all anywhere(typically indicates being lean). Pulled decent mph at the track for my weight. If its off, its not real far off. I'm not worried about it.

_________________
-Mark
2012 ZX-14R


Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 243
Had a productive day! :drool:


Installed:
Brock's Performance front end strap kit
Tiger Racing tail section
Schnitz Racing Kill switch
DynoJet PCV
BMC Race filter
Roaring Toyz lowering links
Mirror eliminators
Removed secondary butterflies


Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:45 am
Posts: 48
Location: Sydney Australia
If you have the Woolich Software or access to it there is really no need to remove the STP's.
You can tell them to stay open in the full power map. And still have them in play when you run low power or traction control activates.

_________________
Drag Racing.
There Is No Known Cure....


Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 61
Location: wpbfl
Mossy1200 wrote:
zixxer14 wrote:
Parked it & rode my new (to me) track bike...............way fun ride.

Image


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbsbMpV ... 3vSwBAhxLw


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBv-dm ... 3vSwBAhxLw


This was me racing post classic fzr1000 exup pre 1989 class

1040 kit,flatslides and so on. it owed me the cost of a new zx14r lol.

Running costs worked out to average $1100nzd per hour on the track.


If I have to figure costs to hit the track I'd probably have to sell my house & live in my van to come close to even. :shock:


Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:37 am
Posts: 80
Location: New Zealand
Installed the woolich gear.
Ordered swinger stand bobbins and a rear stand.
Ordered akra headers to go with the Yoshi pipes. Like the twin pipe look.
Also ordered the woolich bench harness as I don't get net in the garage and the Brocks/Guhl code on my ecu isn't on the known list so breaking it could take 48hrs with ignition on. Easier to have the ability to do that in the house.

Im thinking voodoo rear sets(black) and pc quickshifter next. Anyone have these?


Attachments:
van 001.JPG
van 001.JPG [ 1.53 MiB | Viewed 1619 times ]
van 002.JPG
van 002.JPG [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 1619 times ]
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 243
Installed 10/12/2013:
Roaring Toyz extension
Schnitz Racing rear brake line
Tiger Racing chain guard
Brocks Performance adjustable kickstand
EK DRZ2 chain


Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:14 am
Posts: 161
Location: New Jersey
I changed my oil today. I used Castrol racing RS 4T this time around with an OEM Kawi filter. 10w40 @$9.69 each from Advance Auto.

_________________
2007 ZX14 with chicken strips
2014 Grom thats not fast


Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm
Posts: 562
Location: OBX. NC
Painted some more aluminum parts black, the Muzzy canister to be specific. Still going after droptop93's look. Also, trying to decide whether or not to powdercoat the Tiwinder black or leave it polished and let it go blue naturally. I'm hoping painting the Muzzy now and seeing how it looks all black will make the decision about the Tiwinder easier. I'll post up pics of the bike with the all black exhaust tomorrow for evaluation.

_________________
2009 Black and CF ZX14 2005 Turbo Hayabusa 2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for another turbo ZX14 or 84-85 GS1150E.


Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:13 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
[ Advertise on ZX1441R.com ]

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.