View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 what have you done to your bike today?? 

bike lowered 1.5 inch front and rear..fender eliminator too..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:54 pm

shawnski wrote:
bike lowered 1.5 inch front and rear..fender eliminator too..

Best color! :thumbs:
I need to finish lowering mine in the front.

-Glenn

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

Hmmm.... I guess it works.

Alot less silver.

I take the shittiest pictures.

This morning at 5 am, about to leave for work.

-Glenn

Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:59 am

A small change for me today.
Schnitz to Brock's. :D
Attachment:
Strap Bracket..gif
Strap Bracket..gif [ 718.19 KiB | Viewed 2282 times ]

Only a very small weight saving but looks way better!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Caught the back edge of the pan on an odd dip in the road.

-Glenn

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

Fatsix wrote:

That sucks ! but first thing is, glad you are ok, looks like you got it to the side of the road before you got oil starvation to the engine ?

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am

car-abuser wrote:
Fatsix wrote:

That sucks ! but first thing is, glad you are ok, looks like you got it to the side of the road before you got oil starvation to the engine ?

Well before. I scraped it just enough to crack it, It actually felt like the suspension bottomed out. I was looking in the mirror wondering what that shiny line the width of my wheel was behind me. And why was it following me! I pulled over into a parking lot. Once I turned the engine off, the rest poured out.

-Glenn

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Fatsix wrote:
car-abuser wrote:
Fatsix wrote:

Well before. I scraped it just enough to crack it, It actually felt like the suspension bottomed out. I was looking in the mirror wondering what that shiny line the width of my wheel was behind me. And why was it following me! I pulled over into a parking lot. Once I turned the engine off, the rest poured out.

Time to call OSR and get a cut pan with the drain plug moved ... :shock: I just noticed it a zx14R !! Man you must have that thing slammed down to the ground to hit the pan .. I have mine lower that I could ever get my Gen 1 zx14s and have yet to hit the pan ... It will hit my pipe before I hit the pan and I haven't even put a mark on my pipes yet ..

Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:47 pm

Like I said it was an odd dip, and I was going to fast. It was 2 foot across and span the entire width of the road. It hit the back of the pan, like I jumped the dip and the suspension straddled the ridge of the other side of the dip and contacted the pan. I ride over it everyday to work, I did wrong :( The bike is lowered 1.5" front and back. I cleaned the pan up. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and see if I can get some time in the fab shop. I would cut and raise the floor of it myself, but I am not sure what OSR does with the pickup.

-Glenn

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Fatsix wrote:
Like I said it was an odd dip, and I was going to fast. It was 2 foot across and span the entire width of the road. It hit the back of the pan, like I jumped the dip and the suspension straddled the ridge of the other side of the dip and contacted the pan. I ride over it everyday to work, I did wrong :( The bike is lowered 1.5" front and back. I cleaned the pan up. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and see if I can get some time in the fab shop. I would cut and raise the floor of it myself, but I am not sure what OSR does with the pickup.

you should be fine just getting it welded back up .. OSR shortens the pan a bit and they also cut down your pickup to fit ..

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:26 am

The titty that the pick up sits on is 5mm. So that answers my question of how much to shorten it, if I decide to go that route. Clearance gain would be 15-17mm.

Decisions, Decisions. OSR?

On its way to OSR

-Glenn

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:04 am

I took that picture right before I bolted the fairings back on. I filled the bike up with oil, ran it, checked for leaks. While I was looking for the remaining few bolts, I noticed the windage tray was sitting on the bottom of the tool cart. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. I was much faster at R&R the pan the second time.

-Glenn

Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 am

Added Stomp Grip Traction Pads:

Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:36 am

Last night I made a license plate mount and adjusted my valves.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 am
Hangaround

Trying a set of Avon Super Bike Air Cushion grips. Larger diameter compared to the stock grips. They are not as soft as they might look. One thing to note- when they talk about the different cams that come with them they aren't talking about cams that change the ratio like a 1/5 throttle does. What the cams do is let the same grip fit different bike models. You choose the cam that fits your bike and then use the super glue that is included to permanently glue the cam on to the grip and toss the other. It sounds a little cheesy but the throttle sleeve also has teeth on it where you place the glue so I doubt it would ever come loose. They look like they'll last and the grip rubber is replaceable by Avon for 10.00 a side if needed.

:arrow: http://avongrips.com/shop/products/SB-Air-Cushioned-Anodized-Grips.html

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:18 am

Removed the race numbers, returned the suspension to normal height, put the rear view mirrors back on, lubed the drive chain and cleaned the bodywork. After a successful weekend LSR meeting.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 207.6 KiB | Viewed 2025 times ]
Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:09 am

Put a new front and rear shinko on the wife's 14. Need a new rear on mine but will have to wait. Getting cooler anyway so the Mrs won't ride so I'll use hers.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am

Mike wrote:

^click here

Turbowillie here fellows I ordered the Woolich software and Plug in device nice tiny little unit not sure if i'm breaking any rules but I just thought seeing that I haven't seen anybody post any pictures I post this.

Can't wait to see what happens when I hack the ECU and put it on the Dyno. :vroom: :D

Attachments:
IMG_0369.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG [ 1.94 MiB | Viewed 2000 times ]
Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am

I took my pipes off today to clean them and found a cat in my header pipes. Euro trash.
Fixed it. Didn't even need take headers off the bike. The US headers are the same minus header cat and both versions have catalytic converters in the tail pipes also.

Attachments:
caty 002 20.jpg
caty 002 20.jpg [ 202.31 KiB | Viewed 1979 times ]
caty 001 20.jpg
caty 001 20.jpg [ 198.36 KiB | Viewed 1979 times ]
Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Turbowillie wrote:
Mike wrote:

^click here

Turbowillie here fellows I ordered the Woolich software and Plug in device nice tiny little unit not sure if i'm breaking any rules but I just thought seeing that I haven't seen anybody post any pictures I post this.

Can't wait to see what happens when I hack the ECU and put it on the Dyno. :vroom: :D
Turbowillie I have the same kit coming from Woolich , problem is it's coming by slow boat from down under .. It should be here in a few weeks :(

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:43 pm

My bike is down for the 10 count .. Axle adjuster didn't like the pressure of my engine at the track and bent the adjuster bolt and spit off the chain ... I had to ordered a few parts to get it back together . So I'm putting my Evil arm back on.. While it's all apart i'm going to install my N20 kit that has been setting on my work bench for 8 months .. Reinstall my BST wheels , tiger under tail ...Ect .. Should have it ready for the Man Cup at BMP in Nov .. I hope to have time to test my Guhl E85 flash before Nov race ..

Got my c14 lowered and ready to make a few passes at the track .. At least I have something to ride while the zx14r is down .. This c14 runs pretty good , I rolled on with a guy with a gixxer 1000 and beat him .. He was like WTF kind of bike is that !!!

Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:58 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
Turbowillie wrote:
Mike wrote:

^click here

Turbowillie I have the same kit coming from Woolich , problem is it's coming by slow boat from down under .. It should be here in a few weeks :(

Hopefully you wont have to wait that long for the package to arrive it's only 22cm x 15cm and 3cm high so the setup is quite small in comparison to the Power Commander V but saying that the unit should turn up within a couple of weeks in total Aussie posts mail usually runs a lot slower than most other countries like the UK and US. You hopefully will be impressed with the size of the unit and the small amount of cabling. :vroom:

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:30 am

Had the dealer install BST's with new tires front and rear on Friday. Ceramic bearings puchased from Lee. Wheels purchased from Madness Racing. Couldn't be happier as I never thought I'd be able to pull the trigger on these rims and have been wanting them since owning the bike. Big thanks to Shorty at Madness for making this happen. Without his help I'd never have been able to do it.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:06 am

Mod fuel tank

Attachments:
Photo064.jpg
Photo064.jpg [ 409.36 KiB | Viewed 1940 times ]
Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:29 pm

Dumped the Rotella T and went Mobile1 T4 this go round at 6,672 miles. Clutch was a little grabby at first but cleaned right up after the 2nd stop.
Changed out the clutch and brake fluid. Clean and lube the chain.
Rode the piss out of it today.

Hey Lee,didn't know you scored a C-14,nice. She's a barge but a good bike.
Had an '08 I dicked with for a couple of yrs.,traded it in on the 14R.

Lots of ZX-14 bolts right up too.
;-)

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 pm

zixxer14 wrote:
Parked it & rode my new (to me) track bike...............way fun ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbsbMpV ... 3vSwBAhxLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBv-dm ... 3vSwBAhxLw

This was me racing post classic fzr1000 exup pre 1989 class

1040 kit,flatslides and so on. it owed me the cost of a new zx14r lol.

Running costs worked out to average $1100nzd per hour on the track.

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:56 am

smokin, sux to hear that happen. good thing is that nothing happened to you or major damage to your "Blue Beauty". keep me posted on your n20 install. i have one myself thats been sitting in my man cave. havent really installed it yet because i havent quite found someone to tune for n20 when i get home ill post picks of the bottle at least installed in the swingarm. lol

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:54 am

kingtramp wrote:
Mod fuel tank
Wow nice job on the tank ... Looks cool .. :thumbs:

Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:24 pm

shotgun wrote:
Dumped the Rotella T and went Mobile1 T4 this go round at 6,672 miles. Clutch was a little grabby at first but cleaned right up after the 2nd stop.
Changed out the clutch and brake fluid. Clean and lube the chain.
Rode the piss out of it today.

Hey Lee,didn't know you scored a C-14,nice. She's a barge but a good bike.
Had an '08 I dicked with for a couple of yrs.,traded it in on the 14R.

Lots of ZX-14 bolts right up too.
;-)
I'm really impressed with the C14 .. I really think I can get some mid to low 10s out of her at the track .. It sure is a nice riding bike with a good deal of power to boot .. :vroom:

Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:26 pm

Woolich flashing tools are here !!! I had to have him send or set me up with the BIN files for the zx14R , he did that for me today .. He is also working on Bin files for my C14 .. :thumbs:

Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:29 pm

We finally got around to doing some things that have been on the list for a while now. 1st thing is quite controversial in that we removed the entire rear braking system. Next we removed the little fairing that's right under the shock. I don't know what the heck its official name is but I'm sure you guys know which one I'm talking about. Lastly we remove the entire passenger pegs and brackets. I've got the one from the right side that the Muzzy canister bolts to in order to fab up some sort of aluminum bracket. Altogether I'd guess we lost 10+ pounds. Not much and removing the rear brakes is very dangerous but at least it's something. Next time at the track we'll have the 46T sprocket on the bike also. Oh yeah, I cleaned that fancy chain for a couple of hours until it shines like it's chrome plated. Also removed all the tire material from the entire rear section of the bike while the rear tire/rim was off. Small stuff but it felt good doing something to the bike that's productive again.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Smokin, get to play around with the woolich yet ? Please let us know what you think,

Thanks

Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:29 pm

car-abuser wrote:
Smokin, get to play around with the woolich yet ? Please let us know what you think,

Thanks

Not yet , I have just been to busy at the shop to play with my bike or any of my toys .. I have opened the soft wear on my computer and looked at all the fuel mapping and timing maps on the ZX14R .. Got a good look at the safely map also .. The stock fly map really tells the story on how they slowed the bike down , or I
should say tamed the bike down in the lower gears .. :thumbs:

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:01 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
car-abuser wrote:

Thanks

Not yet , I have just been to busy at the shop to play with my bike or any of my toys .. I have opened the soft wear on my computer and looked at all the fuel mapping and timing maps on the ZX14R .. Got a good look at the safely map also .. The stock fly map really tells the story on how they slowed the bike down , or I

Fly map, meaning with the second flies installed? Or just the stock map all together?

I'm debating on to remove my second flies or not..

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:29 pm

KyleZX-1441R wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
car-abuser wrote:

Thanks

Fly map, meaning with the second flies installed? Or just the stock map all together?

I'm debating on to remove my second flies or not..

Pull em. :mrgreen:

wee

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:31 pm

What Wee said ... Pull Them ...

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:04 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:

I think I read somewhere that by removing it can affect the idling? And other small affects.

What affects have you seen? (Wee or smokin)

Pm me if this question makes "off topic" in this thread.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:37 am

KyleZX-1441R wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:

I think I read somewhere that by removing it can affect the idling? And other small affects.

Removal didn't effect my idling. I've pulled them on 3 zx14's.

wee

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:45 am

Wheelie wrote:
KyleZX-1441R wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:

Removal didn't effect my idling. I've pulled them on 3 zx14's.

wee

:thumbs:

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:48 am

Once removed, I probably need to remap correct?

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:53 am

KyleZX-1441R wrote:

I've got a stone stk 2012 14r(stk exhaust and all). It was suggested by Lee and Wee to pull the secondary flies, no remapping needed. I did and I can tell you that I've not noticed any issues what-so-ever. The bike has better throttle response down low in the lower gears. I have put 200miles on it since removing them and all is good. Took it to the track too with it at SWB and no issues there either, other than it wheeling HARD once the clutch is out.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Birdoprey wrote:
KyleZX-1441R wrote:

I've got a stone stk 2012 14r(stk exhaust and all). It was suggested by Lee and Wee to pull the secondary flies, no remapping needed. I did and I can tell you that I've not noticed any issues what-so-ever. The bike has better throttle response down low in the lower gears. I have put 200miles on it since removing them and all is good. Took it to the track too with it at SWB and no issues there either, other than it wheeling HARD once the clutch is out.

Have you dyno'ed or seen the air/fuel ratio to see if its safe?

Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 pm

KyleZX-1441R wrote:
Birdoprey wrote:
KyleZX-1441R wrote:

Have you dyno'ed or seen the air/fuel ratio to see if its safe?

Nope, but there is no surging at all anywhere(typically indicates being lean). Pulled decent mph at the track for my weight. If its off, its not real far off. I'm not worried about it.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Had a productive day! :drool:

Installed:
Brock's Performance front end strap kit
Tiger Racing tail section
Schnitz Racing Kill switch
DynoJet PCV
BMC Race filter
Roaring Toyz lowering links
Mirror eliminators
Removed secondary butterflies

Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm

If you have the Woolich Software or access to it there is really no need to remove the STP's.
You can tell them to stay open in the full power map. And still have them in play when you run low power or traction control activates.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:51 am

Mossy1200 wrote:
zixxer14 wrote:
Parked it & rode my new (to me) track bike...............way fun ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbsbMpV ... 3vSwBAhxLw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBv-dm ... 3vSwBAhxLw

This was me racing post classic fzr1000 exup pre 1989 class

1040 kit,flatslides and so on. it owed me the cost of a new zx14r lol.

Running costs worked out to average $1100nzd per hour on the track.

If I have to figure costs to hit the track I'd probably have to sell my house & live in my van to come close to even. :shock:

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:18 am

Installed the woolich gear.
Ordered swinger stand bobbins and a rear stand.
Ordered akra headers to go with the Yoshi pipes. Like the twin pipe look.
Also ordered the woolich bench harness as I don't get net in the garage and the Brocks/Guhl code on my ecu isn't on the known list so breaking it could take 48hrs with ignition on. Easier to have the ability to do that in the house.

Im thinking voodoo rear sets(black) and pc quickshifter next. Anyone have these?

Attachments:
van 001.JPG
van 001.JPG [ 1.53 MiB | Viewed 1619 times ]
van 002.JPG
van 002.JPG [ 1.65 MiB | Viewed 1619 times ]
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Installed 10/12/2013:
Roaring Toyz extension
Schnitz Racing rear brake line
Tiger Racing chain guard
Brocks Performance adjustable kickstand
EK DRZ2 chain

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:21 am

I changed my oil today. I used Castrol racing RS 4T this time around with an OEM Kawi filter. 10w40 @$9.69 each from Advance Auto.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:31 pm

Painted some more aluminum parts black, the Muzzy canister to be specific. Still going after droptop93's look. Also, trying to decide whether or not to powdercoat the Tiwinder black or leave it polished and let it go blue naturally. I'm hoping painting the Muzzy now and seeing how it looks all black will make the decision about the Tiwinder easier. I'll post up pics of the bike with the all black exhaust tomorrow for evaluation.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next