View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Last LSR Meeting Of 2015 (UK) 

I arrived back home late last night from Elvington, Yorkshire our last standing-mile event of 2015 and I'm glad to say it was a successful meeting. I made several runs over the mile on my H2, five at over 200 mph with a best of 203.702. The conditions were almost zero wind, so the speeds are realistic. The bike is very stock, just a Brock's reflash, PCV with map, geared 19/42 and mirrors off. The exhaust is still the standard item, catalyst and all.

On my second run there was a bit of drama, I hit a bird when up around 180 mph. It missed the bike, so no smashed fairing or anything but hit me on the shoulder. It may have only weighed four or five ounces but at that speed the poor little thing just exploded, dead instantly, leaving a mess on my leathers. It hurt too, like being hit with a baseball bat and I'm thankful the shoulder armour in my leathers saved me from anything worse than a few nasty bruises. I felt really sad for the bird, it was quite upsetting.

Anyway, apart from that, it was a successful end to the season's land speed meetings and the start of a winter of planning and modifying for next season. I met a dealer there who said he sold two H2's and had another on order. He remarked that it was good to see an H2 being used as intended, his customers seemed to be bike collectors who only rode them from the showroom to home and then spent their time telling anyone who'd listen that they had an H2. Whatever floats your boat !! One of the photographers at the meeting thinks he got a shot of me on the runway when the bike, running with TC off, pulled a massive power wheelie at around 140 at the top of third gear, if he sends it to me I'll post it.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:45 am

Thanks for the report. That had to be a shock and could have been really bad! Glad you're OK.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:55 am

" I felt really sad for the bird, it was quite upsetting"...yep...me too.They just seem to have a thing for trying to outrun bikes.IDK what it is...hit a few myself...always a bummer.Image

Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]