View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 H2 + zx14r comparison numbers by the master himself 

rod442 wrote:
Thanks for that bit of info Bob.

It didn't occur to me that they would really adhere to the wink-wink nudge-nudge 200 hp limit on this bike. Its been obvious to me in the past that kawi was doing this. take for example the gen 1 14 and the 14r.

I recall looking up the ratings in the service manuals and early on I was surprised that the 14r was only rated at what? 200 or 210 w ram air? and the gen 1 14 and 10r is 197? Yeah, like we believe the 1441 cc motor only gained 3 hp.

So yeah, that makes sense. Keep the insurance people and lawyers happy with our new 200hp flagship, that ummm btw can make 250+ rwhp.

Its just sad that they have to go about it that way. And I'm sure there will be some buyers of the H2 that will leave it completely stock, and then be disappointed that say, a s1000rr will walk (rider dependant). and there will be some who don't do the online thing and never read up on what these bikes can do (with the right mods).

anyway, enjoy the ride. Its def sweet.... stock hp too low or not.

You just can`t get it thru your thick fucking skull that no stock production motorcycle can pull past the h2 from a rolling start.If you would like to put your money where your mouth is we`ll meet in the middle .My go out the door price is 5 grand.Are you ready.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:12 am

Now that's not very nice 14r clearly he is confused you should offer him to ride your bike instead of getting so frustrated about what other people think I mean I bought mine for me really don't care what others say if anything its just entertainment on how much hate the bike gets.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

KawiDrew wrote:
An s1000 is not walking this bike in stock form don't forget about the tq curve. Is it possible maybe but walk no. Where is the comparison of stock vs stock.

watch from 8.14 Was that stock Bimmer gaining on a Flashe H2 ? Say it isn't so.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Wow you people are just sad. In full detail this time same weight rider an skill the bmw is not faster but whatever helps people sleep. If you don't have an h2 you should not even comment on it. It's embarrassing the way grown people act really. Anyone can lose a race does not mean its the vehicles fault not even worth the waste of breath.What I've noticed is the people that either don't have one or couldn't talk the most negitive about them even more sad when you ride a kawi an talk shit.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:04 pm

14R one of the nicest things about this forum is most everybody here treats people with respect. Everyone gets it you love your H2 and truth be told many here would love to have one to go along with their 14R.

NOw I don't have any first hand experience drag racing against a H2 or roll on racing as I haven't seen one in my area. But this I do know for a fact. The last ECTA run I went to there were 3 H2s including RG's hybrid which went 218 like it was a bracket bike. But even launching like a freaking granny my 14r was faster than the other 2 H2s. The one man I talked to extensively since we were in line together said his had been flashed and tuned and was making big HP.

So my only experience is I was faster. Doesn't mean the next time running (or drag racing or rolling on or whatever) I won't get smoked.

Do you think that just maybe in your enthusiasm you could be a little more civil?

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:37 pm

I think it just gets old being put down is probably why he reacts that way. The most recent bikes I've had is a 4th gen ten with head an cam and 2 14rs an now the h2. The h2 is the faster bike period but it does take a skilled rider not many people are familiar with running a supercharged bike.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:48 pm

KawiDrew wrote:
Wow you people are just sad. In full detail this time same weight rider an skill the bmw is not faster but whatever helps people sleep. If you don't have an h2 you should not even comment on it. It's embarrassing the way grown people act really. Anyone can lose a race does not mean its the vehicles fault not even worth the waste of breath.What I've noticed is the people that either don't have one or couldn't talk the most negitive about them even more sad when you ride a kawi an talk shit.

Wow, I think once again you misunderstand. Your thinking in full defense of a Bike that Needs no defense makes little sense. Not to mention, Your interpretation of my feeling towards this bike is way out in left field. This is the only sad part here. Put your anger button away, it's most definitely Not Needed.

As for your remark I should not even comment, Really ? In that video above that stock BMW was pulling hard. No one said it was faster, just was doing much better than I would have thought against a Flashed piped H2. Read into it if you want.

I read watch and scrounge for any and all info on this Bike. Have from the time of the very first teaser trailers. And of course, If a post like this on the H2 is made I'm going to read it. Sorry to say, It is also true I'm not totally sold on the H2 in STOCk Form. But what you guys do with this bike with mods has my attention. Which is why I do Not like to see a BMW up it's Ass in a video.

I have been a Boost Addict for a very long time. When I'm ready,,,,, Sorry if this offended anyone was not my intention.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:39 pm

Image...After all these years and tries...I got er;)This was at the 14K mark...still had about 200 more rpm left,backed out because of oncoming cars.(I don't like scaring em).

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:46 pm

Does not offend me one bit. I just know there alot of people that have been posting videos to get reaction s not necessarily in this group. But in reality I think they do it to get a better understanding of the bike. I'll just say its not a 1441 its a boosted 1000 tottal different machine. The bike can really not be explained there is only one way to understand it.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:49 pm

Sweeet, :thumbs:

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm going to get some oatmeal :lol:

wee

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:56 pm

What gearing grn14 2 down in the rear?

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:57 pm

KawiDrew wrote:
Does not offend me one bit. I just know there alot of people that have been posting videos to get reaction s not necessarily in this group. But in reality I think they do it to get a better understanding of the bike. I'll just say its not a 1441 its a boosted 1000 tottal different machine. The bike can really not be explained there is only one way to understand it.

This could be very true. Guys like me always want to know what we are up against. It is also true that many H2 owners are experiencing Boost for the very first time. Many will get lulled into thinking the Stock H2 is much Faster than it is. Carefull Carefull if your laying money down. This site is chock full of Snipers just waiting Lol All in good Fun of course. glad to see your Guard is down.

Cheers

Wish you were closer.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Yes...42 rear.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:08 pm

I wish you were closer to. But I will say its not fair to bully my stock h2 with your turbocharged big block but give me some time.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:13 pm

:lol: Romans...how COULD you :D

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 pm

I think so far...the way the H2 accelerates it makes it hard to get a full on launch out of it.I don't know if guys have really tried seriously to use the launch control.Seen a couple of vids from some.I don't think they were Pros though.The way it wheelies in all four gears on throttle up is 'kind of' a disadvantage..in a way.But I suppose some KTRC settings MIGHT correct that...if you could find the right setting.Fine line between...'stopping the lift' and allowing full performance without cutting power.Seems like it so far on mine.It's just so strong as it climbs in rpms...it's hard to keep the nose down and stay in it.I guess I should say...the lifting isn't the issue really...it's the quickness of the lift and how it increases so fast as the R's go up.Hard to tame.For me anyway.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:23 pm

I agree grn14 there is really no rolling off the throtle its already to late it is a challenging bike to ride fast but I'm positive records of all kinds will be set on this bike.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Re -Read what I posted Stock for stock 5000 rpm roll on 2,3,4,5, gears .5000 bucks. Who`s up for it. I got bills to pay .

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:52 pm

14r wrote:
Re -Read what I posted Stock for stock 5000 rpm roll on 2,3,4,5, gears .5000 bucks. Who`s up for it. I got bills to pay .
(yawn)

wee

Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:19 pm

YAWN all you guys want.The 14r was the king but that little h2 knocked off it`s crown. Deal with it. At least the new KING little brother is a KAWI.

Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 pm

Gee, sorry if I started this thread with first wanting to see where RG's modded H2 (hybrid) stood compared to a stock 14r at stock wheelbase. and maybe I didn't express my initial feeling of, hmm.... How does the stock h2 fit in with all that?

At the time I hadn't seen any 1/4 mile or 0-180 results of the - all mighty- kills everything H2. Which lots of people who have them have been saying. "it feels faster than anything". Well, I'm a numbers kind of guy. If its faster, prove it.
The results in the standing mile haven't been all that impressive. Yeah, its gone over 200; but so has a 14r. In Australia didn't a 14r set some kind of class record at 208 or something?

I'm just trying to see where this thing fits in. So I went looking, and found what I found. A STOCK H2 got beat by a magazine tester from 0-180 by an admittedly slightly modded s1000rr. Could it be different - on a different day? sure. Could the rider not been able to handle the extra power of the SC H2? Sure. But the fact that he had issues with the bmw and not being able to set the front wheel down until 140 suggests that its a monster too.

And to say that the h2 is "all mighty" and faster or quicker than anything else out there, when results other than 650ib walking a bunch of other bikes on the "big end" aka 5th and 6th gear - aren't really available. and a lot of those runs, he has to run them down. I get that. The bike can be wheelie prone in 1-4. Either way, its not that impressive to me when its already several bikes behind in the lower gears and only passes them at 170-180+. And this will probably be what keeps it from being a top choice at the drag strip.

ALSO, I'm not hating. Honestly. I love the H2 for what it is. Its beautiful, unique, and very deadly in modded form. Its also VERY expensive. Doesn't win the 1/4 mile wars (due to power delivery), isn't as comfortable as a zx14r, cant handle as well as a zx10r (per Kawasaki who refused to let it do lap times in that magazine test), and only makes 10hp more than the best litrebikes (again, stock). all while being 50# heavier than most 1000's.

Do I want one? Sure. Would I keep my 14r and buy a new r1 instead of spending 25K on one, yeah. I suppose I would.

Built beyond belief? maybe. until they detuned it, which is unfortunate. What it IS though, is probably THE BEST all round - does everything well - motorcycle you can buy. For ANY money.

Ill say no more on this subject. I found the info I was looking for. This wasn't meant to be a callout of H2 owners. Thanks for those that replied - on both sides. I'm a gearhead, love fast and unique machines. so without being able to ride one, I wanted to find real data on what the H2 could do. and I did. Ride safe, everyone have fun.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:59 am

Well there we have it rods opinion based off of magazines and videos thanks for the input. Based off of that I may consider a swing arm that is already available to help manage the power of this champion after its unrestricted like every other kawi that I have owned.At the end of the day the h2 is the best bike I have ever owned none of this is offensive to me. If anyone thought that kawi was going to release a bike that did not need to be unrestricted or that a swb supercharged bike was not going to be a handful to ride your confused. There is alot more to the bike then super charger its overall the best bike I have ever riden an I have no problem with the price when you sit back and add up the parts on the bike its more then a fair price and I don't think we're really going to see much drop in value.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:10 am

Okay then...I'm joe-a.Only bikes I've had were 1200 zzr,zx12r,07 14,and 2012/13 14R.I've never ridden another brand(except a friend's 08 Busa(stock).Never ridden a 1000.

I totally love my h2.

What I'd like to know or get some opinions on are...just what makes this h2 so 'great'?I don't mean that as any kind of negative statement.To me it feels and performs most excellently.But I have only these other Kawasaki's to compare it with.

I mean..TO ME...it handles so damn secure and good....linear power.Smooth.Brakes great.Shifts great.I certainly can't outide this thing...not even.

I'd like some opinions from you other guys that have this bike...what do you think?What makes it 'great' to you?

I'll add here...I have no care about how fast it goes in the quarter...which bike it can beat...street or track...how much HP it has or torque.Just 'the bike' as is.As a sportbike.....what to you guys makes this bike 'special'....leaving out 'looks'...that's a given. :thanks:

Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:30 am

The main thing I love about it is it drops panties instantly. Followed buy the best braking an suspension electronics and power delivery of any bike I have riden its by far the most fun out of any bike I have ridden its just that simple. Unless you have seat time on the bike I guess it's hard to understand. But at same time I'm done trying to explain it to anyone not my concern what others think about the bike guess they will just have to live with magazine reviews because they clearly don't believe real world opinions. But base their own opinions on youtube celebritys.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:47 am

KawiDrew wrote:
They will just have to live with magazine reviews because they clearly don't believe real world opinions. But base their own opinions on youtube celebritys.

So, why don’t you guys start a trend, and post pictures of yourselves with your H2’s? Guys like this bike so much, but I don't see many H2 owners posting pictures, or videos with their motorcycles.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:39 am
Profile WWW

Well I bought mine for myself I'm not into the attention. An I have tried to explain to people but they don't want to hear it. With the limited amount of these bikes out there there is not going to be much out there on them. But I will gladly answer any questions about the bike an when I take it to the track I will do my best to put down solid numbers.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:47 am

Hi Kofla...long time no hear.Hope you're well.

I've got a bunch of H2 videos I've made while riding.I don't do pictures of 'me' and my bike.I have one pic of 'me' with my bike at the dealer when I picked it up.And a video I made of the bike being uncrated by them.because it was(and is)special to me personally.I can give the website I have...14icbm...that's my channel.

I guess part of why I don't 'show this thing off' is because 'generally'....on a zx14 forum..wherever that might be..it can appear like I'm saying.'the 14's ancient history...this bike's way better'.And that's not at all how I feel.So I've kept my ownership and comments about this bike a bit low key.Not like when I first got my 2012 14R.All the guys on one forum(most anyway)totally x'd me cause I said it's much nicer than my 07.I wasn't saying their bikes aren't great...I loved my 07.But the arrows definitely started flying.

Now most of em have a 14R.I'd have to ask..."why?"...well....because.If it wasn't a good 'upgrade'...no one would have gotten one.That doesn't take anything away from earlier models.The Kawasaki engineering has ALWAYS been excellent.

I don't know why some twist ownership excitement into something personal against others.But it happens.So that's why I don't go crazy with my new bike by 'showing it off'(or myself).I simply don't like being misrepresented or having my comments turned into something ugly.

That may be why others aren't doing some of these things you questioned here.Nobody wants to defend 'why' they got something.Most just want to share what they got...and be supported by their peers.I love my 14...and I love my H2...they're both seriously excellent.

Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:47 pm

Well said again grn14

Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Grn14 wrote:

I've got a bunch of H2 videos I've made while riding.I don't do pictures of 'me' and my bike.I have one pic of 'me' with my bike at the dealer when I picked it up.And a video I made of the bike being uncrated by them.because it was(and is)special to me personally.I can give the website I have...14icbm...that's my channel.

I guess part of why I don't 'show this thing off' is because 'generally'....on a zx14 forum..wherever that might be..it can appear like I'm saying.'the 14's ancient history...this bike's way better'.And that's not at all how I feel.So I've kept my ownership and comments about this bike a bit low key.Not like when I first got my 2012 14R.All the guys on one forum(most anyway)totally x'd me cause I said it's much nicer than my 07.I wasn't saying their bikes aren't great...I loved my 07.But the arrows definitely started flying.

Now most of em have a 14R.I'd have to ask..."why?"...well....because.If it wasn't a good 'upgrade'...no one would have gotten one.That doesn't take anything away from earlier models.The Kawasaki engineering has ALWAYS been excellent.

I don't know why some twist ownership excitement into something personal against others.But it happens.So that's why I don't go crazy with my new bike by 'showing it off'(or myself).I simply don't like being misrepresented or having my comments turned into something ugly.

That may be why others aren't doing some of these things you questioned here.Nobody wants to defend 'why' they got something.Most just want to share what they got...and be supported by their peers.I love my 14...and I love my H2...they're both seriously excellent.
You're welcome to post any pics or say what ever you feel, it's a public place and Smokin added the H2 forum just for you guys :thumbs: btw I'm about to make it a rule "you" must post pics of your H2! :lol:

wee

Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Thanks Wee....just so ya know...I wasn't singling out THIS forum...this forum is excellent.Been coming here now for several years on and off. ;)

Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:34 pm

KoflaOlivieri wrote:
KawiDrew wrote:
They will just have to live with magazine reviews because they clearly don't believe real world opinions. But base their own opinions on youtube celebritys.

So, why don’t you guys start a trend, and post pictures of yourselves with your H2’s? Guys like this bike so much, but I don't see many H2 owners posting pictures, or videos with their motorcycles.

Hi Kofla,

One good reason not to post pictures of rider with bike, or give too much personal information, is for security. These forums are not only read by members.

OK, I'm being paranoid but I guess you get my meaning.

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:35 am

"One good reason not to post pictures of rider with bike, or give too much personal information, is for security. These forums are not only read by members"...sad but true. :evil: .

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:31 am

Wheelie wrote:

"I'm going to get some oatmeal :lol:

wee"

With or without brown sugar? :D :D :D

"

Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Wheelie wrote:
Grn14 wrote:

You're welcome to post any pics or say what ever you feel, it's a public place and Smokin added the H2 forum just for you guys :thumbs: btw I'm about to make it a rule "you" must post pics of your H2! :lol:

wee
Yes Yes !!! This H2 zone was made for H2 owners as well zx14 zx10 ect ect to enjoy .. Post up guys , show us what you got ... We all want to hear about the bike .. It's rare bike and most of us will never get to own one , so we have to hear it from the owners .. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:41 pm

BobC wrote:
KoflaOlivieri wrote:
KawiDrew wrote:

Hi Kofla,

One good reason not to post pictures of rider with bike, or give too much personal information, is for security. These forums are not only read by members.

OK, I'm being paranoid but I guess you get my meaning.

I completely understand. For the very same reason is that I always try to cover/photoshop my license plate.

I thought it was strange that there are lots of H2 pics, but almost none of the owners with their bikes.

Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

Grn14 wrote:

How are you Grn! :vroom:

Like Lee said, this section was created exclusively for you guys, owners of the H2. Feel free to share your stories, photos and videos. We want to hear from you guys! :thumbs:

Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

I'm doin good Kofla.Thanks.

For heaven's sakes...Image

Image..this is the best I can do right nowLOL!In fact...it's ALL I can do right now. :lol:

Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:08 am

Supercharged is as Supercharged does.....Forest Supercharged Gump.... :D :D :D :D

Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:33 am

rod442 wrote:
Gee, sorry if I started this thread with first wanting to see where RG's modded H2 (hybrid) stood compared to a stock 14r at stock wheelbase. and maybe I didn't express my initial feeling of, hmm.... How does the stock h2 fit in with all that?

At the time I hadn't seen any 1/4 mile or 0-180 results of the - all mighty- kills everything H2. Which lots of people who have them have been saying. "it feels faster than anything". Well, I'm a numbers kind of guy. If its faster, prove it.
The results in the standing mile haven't been all that impressive. Yeah, its gone over 200; but so has a 14r. In Australia didn't a 14r set some kind of class record at 208 or something?

Some interesting data from the weekend's Yorkshire Mile & British National Records meeting. Comparing my H2 which is fairly stock with the quickest 14R in a similar state of tune. Both bikes just having an ECU Flash and PCV + sprocket change.

Fastest speed in a standing mile...........H2 = 204.657 mph. 14R = 192.740 mph
Standing start mile, two-way average.. H2 = 197.075 mph. 14R = 183.711 mph
Flying start kilo.....................................H2 = 192.804 mph. 14R = 181.003 mph

The 14R is much easier to launch, I know I've owned one and the H2 is a wheelie monster but these are real results. Same day, same track. Make up your own minds guys.

Attachments:
Timing-Ticket-2.jpg
Timing-Ticket-2.jpg [ 97.58 KiB | Viewed 1355 times ]
Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:08 am

BobC wrote:
Some interesting data from the weekend's Yorkshire Mile & British National Records meeting. Comparing my H2 which is fairly stock with the quickest 14R in a similar state of tune. Both bikes just having an ECU Flash and PCV + sprocket change.

Flying start kilo.....................................H2 = 192.804 mph. 14R = 181.003 mph

The 14R is much easier to launch, I know I've owned one and the H2 is a wheelie monster but these are real results. Same day, same track. Make up your own minds guys.

Bob, have to say that although it is "interesting" it is pretty meaningless as a basis for comparison.
The real question is what was your fastest speed on your 14? There is the REAL baseline, IMHO.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:32 pm

Meaningless his says where so people come up comments like that?

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:05 pm

Whoa.... :shock: :)

Fastest speed has far more to do with aerodynamics than being the top dog , fun, value or horsepower (for that matter)...

Aerodynamics is measurable factual science...not opinion; (nothing wrong with opinion either). All things being equal a comparison with similar mods is a just and acceptable way of comparison between the H2 and the 14R ; if one is objective enough to keep the mods equal that is ; and then just see what results .. :thumbs: 8-) 8-) 8-)

I live by faith...but that's another arena in itself. I ride for fun and enjoy what I have. Myself; I need my license more than an H2....No jealousy here...just extremely happy with my other Ninjas ZX-10R and ZX-14R and do enjoy a lot reading all reports about Kawasaki's presented. Let the reader sort the reports out right? No need for offences fellas. We all have opinions and likes right?

Glad to hear all official reports on the H2... :wootrock: :thanks: . I probably overstated my points...sounds like me.... :lol:

I need some sleep..... :lol:

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:21 pm

LUCKY14R wrote:
BobC wrote:

Bob, have to say that although it is "interesting" it is pretty meaningless as a basis for comparison.
The real question is what was your fastest speed on your 14? There is the REAL baseline, IMHO.

Not so sure that the fastest speed I ever attained on my 14R is more meaningful than "same track, same day" numbers.

I went 203.1 in a mile on my 14 with a helpful tail wind. I went 204.6 on my H2 with a very light tail wind. If I went back there today the numbers would be different again.

Same track, same day is a better comparison in my book, just as same dyno same day is more valid when comparing power. Having ridden both bikes I think I'm the person to make the comparison in a valid way. Not just quoting other's numbers or stuff I've read on the net. We may have to agree to differ.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:44 am

On Saturday April 1st in the year of our lord 2000, I attended a East Coast Timing Event at Maxton North Carolina.

I took a 1992 ZX11 completely stock and street legal Kawasaki with a +50 shot Nitrous bottle.

When I arrived at the track ECTA Racing Legend Scott Guthrie was doing the tech inspection. He asked me what my goals were. I told him to simply go faster than 200 MPH. He laughed after looking at my bike and said no way it would break 200

When you are a Noob at these events they make you do tiered speeds to obtain your license. In other words your first run was to be no faster than 75 MPH, then no faster than 125 MPH then no faster than 150 MPH. After that you could go as fast as you dared.

On my fourth pass I did 194.

My fifth pass was 198

On my 6th pass I missed a shift, spit a shim and damaged the valve train ending my weekend.

So Scott Guthrie was right, I didn't break 200 MPH.

But what I am not impressed with is we fast forward in technology from 1990 to 2015, 25 years and a blower and then with flashed ECUs and all that, the H2 only goes 5 MPH faster?

Maxton, I thought the track was horrible.

On Saturday April 1st they let everyone drive their cages down the runway first before the event began. I thought it was an April fools joke and they were taking us down a taxi way instead of the actual course. Wrong, it was not a joke.

Sorry, I am not impressed with 203 MPH.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:25 am

BobC wrote:

Not so sure that the fastest speed I ever attained on my 14R is more meaningful than "same track, same day" numbers.

I went 203.1 in a mile on my 14 with a helpful tail wind. I went 204.6 on my H2 with a very light tail wind. If I went back there today the numbers would be different again.

Same track, same day is a better comparison in my book, just as same dyno same day is more valid when comparing power. Having ridden both bikes I think I'm the person to make the comparison in a valid way. Not just quoting other's numbers or stuff I've read on the net. We may have to agree to differ.

Apologies for my post being misunderstood. I have been reading about your LSR adventures for years. I have all the respect in the world for your abilities to build and ride these bikes to attain those kind of speeds.

I understand "same track, same day" but I question whether the rider on the 14R had the same skills to launch, the same tuck as you, bike tune, proper gearing, rider weight, tire pressure, etc. If all of those are true, then it is a fair comparison.

I said congrats in the other thread. I meant it then and still do. Again, thanks for the effort and the report.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:36 am

Honestly...my thinking reading this..and the comments...I have to agree(a bit)that this H2 SHOULD have come out from the crate doing 200+ without any modding.
I think any 2016 model is gonna address these things.At 25K...it SHOULD be straight out superior to all others out there.They could do this.

Now having said that...I don't feel bummed at all about my H2.I love the rideabilty of it and handling.The punch...the solid feel.Definitely one of a kind.They did a great job building this bike.I actully don't care whether it beats a BMW or a Suzi.It's all I've ridden since I got mine in March.Over 10K right now.Couldn't start riding until May actually.If my 14 made me feel this way...I'd sell the H2 and be done with it.But this bike to me is WAY more to what I like in riding.The overall feel and stuff is just exciting to me...everytime I ride her.My 14 is here...and I love it also.But the sharpness and all has to go to the H2.I've dialed my suspension in for me...and softened up the seat...it rides every bit as smooth as my 14...but has an edgyness about it that feels REALLY good.I'm glad I got mine.

Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:55 am

No problem Lucky14R, I respect your opinion too.

I should have added to my post above that my 14 was the full Brock exhaust, ECU flash, PCV, map, lowered, mirrors off etc while my H2 is just ECU flash and PCV, I even left the mirrors on. The 14R at Elvington was nearer to my H2 in mod state. The data in the original post shows the 14 is quicker off the line but the H2 catches it and passes it in the eighth. By the time they've covered a mile the difference is even more obvious

There was a flying kilo being measured at the Elvington meeting as well as the standing mile. For "flying" distances it's alway the average speed given, not the final speed. What they did was to have a trap at around 666 yards up the track and measured from there to the mile mark one kilo away.

This demonstrated the back half speed of the H2 against the 14 quite well. H2 average speed through the flying kilo was 192 mph, the 14R was 181 mph.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:28 am

Too much negativity in these H2 threads, imo. I don't get it.

I will check in around here...sporadically.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:37 pm

Now Shane...I understand your feelings with this.As you know...this IS an H2 section.So between the couple of us here that Have one...we should share the good stuff about our bikes.This isn't like any other bike.Actually...there isn't one bad thing I can say about mine.Not one.

I know mine is 'faster' off the line...up through the gears.It just is.Wonderfully.It handles great.Like nothing I've ever ridden.It really has become my first choice in which bike I choose.

Maybe I shouldn't say this...but wth.I went out this morning and took my 14R.She's a great bike as well.I nitced right away how heavy the frontend felt doing 20-25 mph turns on the roundabouts here.It just was taking some effort to get her to stay on line.Felt like the front needed constant guidance.Okay...so out on the road...I got on it.Up through the gears...railing...hard.From 1st all the way up.

So I'm about 20 miles into my ride...the bar inputs on somewhat higher speeds and curves...the front needed pressre at all times to keep her on line.Try as I might,I couldn't get that special feel of enjoyment from it.I turned around and returned home...

I noticed the seat(minor perhaps)was feeling a bit...not comfortible.Not terrible or anything..just...noticeable.I paid attention to the vibration aspect.They were there..a bit.

I swapped bikes.

I took off.IMMEDIATELY I noticed the seat feeling.(mine I did some modding with).Totally WAY softer and comfortable.The ergos were much more comfortable.I didn't mention with the 14,my lower back in just that short ride was beginning to feel a shade like it might start aching.

As I continued on(the H2)...I realized my back was doing fine...nothing happening.I did a quick roll on deal from 1st up through the gears.The bike flew away.The QS worked flawlessly.It honestly was WAY quicker than my 14R.

Turns were virtually as easy as going straight.There was NO pressure to hold the front in line.It just lined up,and stayed there.No deviation.It's a great bike.Unbelievable(to me).

Taking some curves later on..I was able to hit like 140 with ease and lean in nicely.Over any road 'imperfections'...the front stayed put.The chassis stayed put.It really does handle great.And the overall ride feel?Every bit as smooth and comfy as my 14.More actually.I didn't expect this going in...but it really is.

I've got 11K+ miles on her now since May.I've ridden my 14 3 times since May.This wouldn't be the case if I didn't enjoy the H2.I love this bike.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next