View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 H2 + zx14r comparison numbers by the master himself 

Quote:
Hey Guys, we may a couple passes at the drag srip last night in preparation to race the Ohio Mile this weekend. This is with the Slash Cut pipe and Stage 2 flash, on a borrowed bike - all bolt-on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=FFvnr7v0goQ&app=desktop

The bike is almost impossible to ride, stock wheelbase - so the ET does not reflect the bikes true potential in the 1/4 mile... but WOW, does it haul a*s!

Brock

Seems to be off to a great start! One pass, so far. Crosswinds causing problems for everyone, from all the posts I've seen..

Man that pipe looks good! And my very fast (the fastest on a stock motor, for sure) 14R (at 207.42@the mile, in good conditions) just took a back seat...

Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:01 pm

Don't know which I like best - the mph or the sound.

Really hope they don't release a BLUE one for 2016 ...................

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Shane where did the quote come from and the time slip pic?

Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:14 pm

Heh heh.....Zack is at it again I see.....wonder if Dan and the rest of the family are there too? :bigthumb: :thumbs:

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:01 am

Remember, this is a stock motor street bike, with bolt on mods...

Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:17 am

toledoUPSguy wrote:
Shane where did the quote come from and the time slip pic?

The quote was from Ninjah2.org, the time slip from FB.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:48 am

Shane661 wrote:

Now that is really something. Congratulations Brock and Zack.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:04 am

OK, somebody explain the aeros on the H2 for me.
People have always made such a big deal about the Busa having the best aeros and that the ZX-14 would never be as fast as the Busa with the same horsepower.
I look at the H2 and it looks *almost* like a naked bike - no lower fairing, no belly fairing and no big round tailsection.
Does the H2 cut through the air better than it looks like it would, or is this just 260+ HP overcoming drag???
For the H2 owners, how much wind do you feel at high speeds?

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:10 pm

LUCKY14R wrote:
OK, somebody explain the aeros on the H2 for me.
People have always made such a big deal about the Busa having the best aeros and that the ZX-14 would never be as fast as the Busa with the same horsepower.
I look at the H2 and it looks *almost* like a naked bike - no lower fairing, no belly fairing and no big round tailsection.
Does the H2 cut through the air better than it looks like it would, or is this just 260+ HP overcoming drag???
For the H2 owners, how much wind do you feel at high speeds?

What does it matter 14 vs Busa? The reality is, the 14R has a lot of frontal area (the largest factor), which the H2 does not. Feels fine for me at speed....but that is totally anecdotal. "H2 Owners" covers a broad area...including a lot of guys who do not know how to tuck in at speed. The real truth is in the mph. What do MotoGp bikes look like?

How much wind you "feel" is also not an indicator of true aerodynamics. How much wind do you "feel" on a Goldwing? Just food for thought.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:18 pm

I think it's a fair comment to ask about the H2 aerodynamics. It's tiny frontal area certainly puts more wind pressure on the rider than other bikes I've ridden in the mile. However, is a tucked rider any worse than a great big fairing? I don't know for sure but they do say drag is more about the shape of the rear end. What I do know is that out of the box the H2 is faster than the others.

Attachments:
12031374_772630516198346_4458935764487948936_o.jpg
12031374_772630516198346_4458935764487948936_o.jpg [ 56.03 KiB | Viewed 1836 times ]
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:42 pm

BobC wrote:
I think it's a fair comment to ask about the H2 aerodynamics. It's tiny frontal area certainly puts more wind pressure on the rider than other bikes I've ridden in the mile. However, is a tucked rider any worse than a great big fairing? I don't know for sure but they do say drag is more about the shape of the rear end. What I do know is that out of the box the H2 is faster than the others.

Well, Bob, you are not a small guy...so, you know how that goes....

But I don't think a Goldwing fairing would help you....

"Secrets of Aerodynamics".....

No doubt, the rear of the bike is important. But...a good tail on a brick wall isn't going to help, either. I'd say, that for most guys asking about how the wind "feels"...they are too large to get out of the wind on a 1k. But, no doubt the H2 has more than enough power to make up for that.

Now, all of that being said...I think the 14R is better day-to-day rider. It's very comfortable, and it was designed as a missle of a sport-tourer. Fuel capacity, ride quality, seating, wind protection, rider position....it's a total couch!! But for the baddest street Kaw ever produced....that is the Ninja H2.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Great pictures! Keep 'em comin! :thumbs:

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 pm
Profile WWW

BobC wrote:
Shane661 wrote:

Now that is really something. Congratulations Brock and Zack.

:plus1: Yes, Zack and Brock....way to go! Congratulations! :thumbs:
By the way...who's bike are you running?

Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:19 pm

rod442 wrote:
What it IS though, is probably THE BEST all round - does everything well - motorcycle you can buy. For ANY money.

I beg to differ; if that's allowed here.

Now THAT would be the 14

no way the H2 is the ground eating coast-to-coast couch rocket the 14 is

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:48 am

"Now, all of that being said...I think the 14R is better day-to-day rider"...I don't think so.I've ridden my 'plush' 2013 14R for 20K miles since i've had it.I've put 12K on my H2 since May this year.Ridden my 14R 3 times in between.Third time I turned around after about 10 minutes on her...and switched bikes.

The factory seat could be an issue for most.It was for me.I reshaped it and added a bit of gel to it.I tweaked the suspension as well.I installed a PCV withan excellent map.It's every bit as smooth as my 14...and a lot more fun.I could ride this bike across country and have NO ergos issues...I'm 6'1"...165 lbs.The 4 and a half gallon tank do limit the range some...but generally...I'm getting 40 to 45 MPG with mine.So it isn't that bad.It definitely got better with the Flash,PCV and removal of the factory muffler/pre-muffler box.

Vibrations are virtually non-existent with mine.It's at least as vibe free as my 14...I'd honestly have to say even more.

As far as Aeros go...who can really say?Kawasaki windtunnel designed em.Apparently they found the best design for aeros and motor cooling effect.I haven't seen any pics or anything of the H2/H2R in a wind tunnel.I'd like to.They're just not out there that I can find.(possibly intentionally?)Kinda like not being able to by parts for an H2 if you own an H2R and vise versa.This aint your garden variety motorcycle.There may be some things about it Kawasaki just doesn't want to reveal(and not because they're 'bad things' or 'could be better' things).Who knows?There ARE some snippets here and there about the new 10R.Look closely at the front silohette.What's THAT look like?

Logmaster said.."no way the H2 is the ground eating coast-to-coast couch rocket the 14 is".No..it's not a couch rocket.It's just a rocket;)..that just happens to have the ability to be adjusted into a great road going motorcycle(distance).Yes,the wheelbase does affect it a bit...but that can be compensated for very easily with it's excellent suspension.

Naturally,you can't take yer lovey dovey on it.I'm single and glad!Perfect for meLOL!

Guys who critique things about this bike and haven't ridden one...well...okay.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:05 pm

Dmfast wrote:

Naturally,you can't take yer lovey dovey on it.I'm single and glad!Perfect for meLOL!

My wife rides her own so that's not an issue. I like the fact that the H2 was designed for solo.

Your mileage is waaaaay more than any others Ive heard of. I was of the impression it got in the high 20's. 40+ is much better than my 14. Cool.

I expected the H2 to be more like the zx-10 for distance riding. Granted, Ive done cross country & Iron Butt on my zx-10 but it just doesnt gobble up the miles as effortlessly ( meaning MY effort) as the 14.

That you have both and think the H2 is a better cross country bike is encouraging. :thumbs:

I would LOVE to get a demo ride to compare myself.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:35 pm

I should say...not everyone will feel this way.Naturally.I did have to do some modding as I said.And the TOTAL ride feel is a smidgen more 'sensitive' than the 14...but it's just different.Has a somewhat amount of 'edginess' to it overall...yet smooth also.Factory setup...it is on the firm side.And the(stock) seat can get 'hard' feeling after a while.Mileage will NOT be what I'm getting set as factory.In fact,I've paid close attention to the gears and rpms and such to attain these numbers.It won't get these by 'just riding it'(course,I've figured out the best parameters for attaining this,so I know how and where to get there)It's second nature now..you DO have to figure out what gears and rpms it runs most efficiently at...but it doesn't take long to get it down.It will burn the fuel just riding it fast and stuff.But I take all day rides...so I do want economy to be as good as possible.

The PCV DEFINITELY helped it increase.Noticeably.The factory fueling is just not what it could be....unfortunately.

the zx10.."it just doesnt gobble up the miles as effortlessly ( meaning MY effort) as the 14"..this is one thing about this bike that really IS surprising : is that it is an effortless ride.And I mean that.This bike tracks down the road so easily...with virtually zero inputs.It corners so securely and neutrally,using force (or lack of)to turn it into corners and such is VERY easy.It stays put.It leans in and stays until you choose to change that...and the inputs are tiny...and light.No trying to stop it from falling in or running wide.It's very fun.

My 14 'wants' to fall in on corners...unless I consciously hold the bars at a particular spot for the turn.Not this bike.I can relax and point it through the turn...it's very cool.Doesn't feel like it needs to be forced or 'monitored' with inputs while turning.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Dmfast wrote:
"Now, all of that being said...I think the 14R is better day-to-day rider"...I don't think so.I've ridden my 'plush' 2013 14R for 20K miles since i've had it.I've put 12K on my H2 since May this year.Ridden my 14R 3 times in between.Third time I turned around after about 10 minutes on her...and switched bikes.

The factory seat could be an issue for most.It was for me.I reshaped it and added a bit of gel to it.I tweaked the suspension as well.I installed a PCV withan excellent map.It's every bit as smooth as my 14...and a lot more fun.I could ride this bike across country and have NO ergos issues...I'm 6'1"...165 lbs.The 4 and a half gallon tank do limit the range some...but generally...I'm getting 40 to 45 MPG with mine.So it isn't that bad.It definitely got better with the Flash,PCV and removal of the factory muffler/pre-muffler box.

Vibrations are virtually non-existent with mine.It's at least as vibe free as my 14...I'd honestly have to say even more.

As far as Aeros go...who can really say?Kawasaki windtunnel designed em.Apparently they found the best design for aeros and motor cooling effect.I haven't seen any pics or anything of the H2/H2R in a wind tunnel.I'd like to.They're just not out there that I can find.(possibly intentionally?)Kinda like not being able to by parts for an H2 if you own an H2R and vise versa.This aint your garden variety motorcycle.There may be some things about it Kawasaki just doesn't want to reveal(and not because they're 'bad things' or 'could be better' things).Who knows?There ARE some snippets here and there about the new 10R.Look closely at the front silohette.What's THAT look like?

Logmaster said.."no way the H2 is the ground eating coast-to-coast couch rocket the 14 is".No..it's not a couch rocket.It's just a rocket;)..that just happens to have the ability to be adjusted into a great road going motorcycle(distance).Yes,the wheelbase does affect it a bit...but that can be compensated for very easily with it's excellent suspension.

I am curious. How many miles in a day, or how far you can comfortably go in a day on your H2?

Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:55 pm
Profile WWW

Probably the longest I've gone was close to 400 miles.Possibly more.I felt no pains or aches at all.None the next day.That includes short breaks(two or three)...maybe 15-20 minutes.But not out of being uncomfortable.Smoke breaks,snack breaks.I'll be 62 this month...have had a back fusion,fractured neck vertebrae.Various injuries.They're unaffected(negatively) riding my bike.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:02 pm

I personally find the H2 to be a rack compared to the 14R. But I am pretty heavy, at 250 lbs, and 6' tall or so.

It is definitely more roomy than a typical litre bike, though. Probably a seat change would cure most of the discomfort....because it feels like I am sitting on the seat pan!

Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:42 pm

"because it feels like I am sitting on the seat pan!"...yeah...true story.That was my FIRST mod :lol:

Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:21 pm

No one that I recall has mentioned that once you alter the geometry of the ZX-14R you lose some of it's ability to corner with the ease the factory built into it. I had the genmars and it seem to improve for comfort . but I distinctly recall that at it's factory height the ZX-14R inspired more confidence on long sweepers and about any curve than when I lowered the rear to center hole on three dogbone and lowered the front on it's triple tree 1.75 inches.

I prefer the ZX-14R lowered however as I don't circuit race or dedicate to curves that much. At 5' 8" I can control the 14R better and it launches better under aggression as well. Small but smart trade off.

The only active bike I regularly compare the 14it to is my stellar 2004 ZX-10R which just happens to be the lightest liter bike ever cranked out per factory ever (I believe); and in circuit racing out edged every other liter bike at the masters in it's day; that performance outperformed any lighter 600 , 750 Jap bike or European fancy coin or high tech available in it's day...and did so without a badly needed steering damper to boot (I got Scotts damper immediately as soon as I could) Goes without saying she is my personal keeper. fun galore and overkill in legal streets for daily riding ; she is spacious as was known above also to other liter bikes in comparison. I hae personally taken her to 600 mile round trips with little or no ergonomics issues....BMW can't even say that .

Word was and is that 04 ZX-10R does not suffer fools or novices when pushed hard. Not taking anything away from the all potent supercharged H2; would love to have one as well. H2 Chas loads of great hight tech features and hidden potential I believe that.

Just saying lightweight has it's own virtues on every day riding under 120 mph.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:01 pm

The 1st gen 10R was perhaps 5 lbs lighter than the 4th gen. Power output was 145-150 hp to the wheel, stock. A lot of the "widowmaker" rep probably has to do with that fact that they didn't come with steering dampers to tame the geometry, as you mentioned. I had an 06, but the 04-05 is the one to keep. Just like the 12R; my first was an '02, learned to race on it, and put about 17k street miles on it. Now I have a near-mint, green, 2000 model. It's the keeper. :thumbs:

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:08 pm

No one that I recall has mentioned that once you alter the geometry of the ZX-14R you lose some of it's ability to corner with the ease the factory built into it. I had the genmars and it seem to improve for comfort . but I distinctly recall that at it's factory height the ZX-14R inspired more confidence on long sweepers and about any curve than when I lowered the rear to the center hole on a rear three dogbone unit and lowered the front down on it's triple tree 1.75 inches.

I prefer the ZX-14R lowered however as I don't circuit race or dedicate to curves that much. At 5' 8" I can control the 14R better and it launches better under aggression as well. Small trade off. If altered may explain why she increases to feel more like a whale...but that is related to cornering more so ...no lack of power and extra creamy abundant torque friends.....that's why I got her and like her.

The only active bike I regularly compare the 14R to is my stellar 2004 ZX-10R which just happens to be the lightest liter bike ever cranked out as per factory ever (I believe); 375 dry weight and in circuit racing out edged every other liter bike at the masters in it's day.

That performance measured while stacked against all available 600's , 750's Jap bike including any higher dollar 1000cc European or high tech factory machine available in it's day at the masters circuit challenge ...and did so without a badly needed steering damper (I got Scotts damper immediately as soon as I could). Not much comes close to the lightweight ZX-10R in terms of handling curves.

Goes without saying she is my personal keeper. fun galore and overkill in legal streets for daily riding without 200 hp ; just rated at 184hp with ram air ; she is also spacious as was known also to other liter bikes in comparison. I have personally taken her to 600 mile round trips with little or no ergonomics issues....BMW HP4 can't say that . It's ergonomically challenged so I am not interested myself in one.

Word was and is that 04 ZX-10R does not suffer fools or novices when pushed hard in corners or otherwise; she revolutionized the industry or not ?

. Not taking anything away from the all potent supercharged H2; would love to have one as well. H2 has loads of high tech features and hidden potential I believe that.

Just saying a potent lightweight has it's own virtues on every day riding under 120 mph. And should add the 14R covers long distance with more comfort and ease than any bike owned. including 2 ZX-11'S a 1981 GPZ and the 2004 ZX-10R to some extent....My job requires a drivers license so I must say there is a time and a place if you must..... :lol:

2cents....God bless all :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Let the good times roll.......

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Yeah, as I've said...14R is a couch!!! Love mine, too.

Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Dmfast wrote:
Probably the longest I've gone was close to 400 miles.Possibly more.I felt no pains or aches at all.None the next day.That includes short breaks(two or three)...maybe 15-20 minutes.But not out of being uncomfortable.Smoke breaks,snack breaks.I'll be 62 this month...have had a back fusion,fractured neck vertebrae.Various injuries.They're unaffected(negatively) riding my bike.

not meaning to get things off track ( great discussion going above on the aero's , etc) but 400 miles is what i do when my 56 year old wife is along with her zr-750 and we're playing tourist
friday i did 1000 miles in 14 hours with @ an hour of wasted time just resting.
I dont think we're talking about the same thing in this case

Handling: my 14 turns in very smoothly, doesnt fall in to corners. well, that is depending on which tires i run.

carry on !

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:01 am

logmaster wrote:
Dmfast wrote:

not meaning to get things off track ( great discussion going above on the aero's , etc) but 400 miles is what i do when my 56 year old wife is along with her zr-750 and we're playing tourist
friday i did 1000 miles in 14 hours with @ an hour of wasted time just resting.
I dont think we're talking about the same thing in this case

Handling: my 14 turns in very smoothly, doesnt fall in to corners. well, that is depending on which tires i run.

carry on !

1000 miles in 14 hours, with an hour of rest? That is what I ride when I am doing a typical poker run with the folks from the retirement home, most of whom have had double hip replacements. The most I have ridden my H2 is 7200 miles in 8 hours, and that includes 4 hours stuck in traffic. So, I don't think we are talking about the same thing in this case.

Plus, that is only averaging 77 mph over the 13 hours, including fuel/food stops. WTH? :lol:

But on a serious note, I think it's all relative when it comes to miles. But I'd say, for most people, 400 miles in a day is a decent amount. I personally have ZERO interest in 1k mile days, even on a Goldwing. Sitting in the saddle for 13 hours in a day just doesn't hold any thrill for me.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:35 am

There's no doubt at all that the 14 is built for long distances.It's a great all day runner.

I can't just take off and go 1000 miles...commitments.I also can't explain how my H2 feels to other people.The stock H2(suspension settings and such) is comfort wise not one that could probably be ridden 1K miles without discomfort.It is afterall a supersport.And rides like a supersport.

I have mine setup for me.It isn't a stock config.The pegs and such are factory config...but the seat is definitely not factory.I've readjusted the suspension.It doesn't ride like the out of the crate setup.There is just something about the overall feel of it that has a draw.It's different than the feel of my 14R.I can't really put my finger on it.Going down the road...it's smooth.Moreso than my 14.Ergos..it's more compact.But not like being turned into a pretzel.It LOOKS like it would be too 'smallish' for stretch room.But they did something with the design that allowed it to feel connected to the rider.IDK what it is really.It definitely won't fit every rider.

I guess it has to be ridden to be understood?My friend who rode it last week for a good 60 miles or so(not much I know) said he was amazed at how comfortable ergos-wise it was to him.Something he really wasn't expecting.His words were.."I gotta get one of these".Course,everyone says that...but still he was happily surprised.And he's ridden a lot of bikes.Has an 08 Busa and harley right now.

There's just something about the rider/bike connection that's like nothing else I've ridden.My 14 just can't top it.Sorry to say.It just can't.Not for me anyway.I'm most likely in a VERY SMALL minority of guys who found this bike to be virtually perfect for em.(with the minor mods I did).

I think one of the big things that contribute to this bike(for me)being as comfortable as it is is that I don't have to constantly monitor the inputs to the bars and such.It's so neutral in it's chassis and all that it drives itself practically.Sit back a bit in the seat,the suspension just smooths everything out.I've got my throttle grip tube 'modded' to allow me to set the throttle and ride with my hands on the damper area.It's very nice.Sitting pretty upright,and relaxing.The bike flowing underneath...it's great for me.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:53 am

On thing is for sure...

Just as you can't compare the comfort of an H2 to a couch like a 14R, you can't compare the handling of the 14 to the H2.

The H2 is light years ahead in that regard. Just like it is in power, with typical mods. But, it is easy to see that it has more committed ergos...and it also doesn't seat a passenger.

It's really a matter of how you use the motorcycle, and personal preference.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:31 am

Shane661 wrote:

1000 miles in 14 hours, with an hour of rest? That is what I ride when I am doing a typical poker run with the folks from the retirement home, most of whom have had double hip replacements. The most I have ridden my H2 is 7200 miles in 8 hours, and that includes 4 hours stuck in traffic. So, I don't think we are talking about the same thing in this case.

Plus, that is only averaging 77 mph over the 13 hours, including fuel/food stops. WTH? :lol:

But on a serious note, I think it's all relative when it comes to miles. But I'd say, for most people, 400 miles in a day is a decent amount. I personally have ZERO interest in 1k mile days, even on a Goldwing. Sitting in the saddle for 13 hours in a day just doesn't hold any thrill for me.

You think Im joking?

I'm not.

the only thing "relative" is that 400 miles in a day on public roads around here isnt much. I was talking about a "do everything" bike. 10,000 to 15,000 miles in an average year ( we have about 5 months of decent riding weather here) is normal.

How many miles you guys have on your H2s so far?

No, we are not talking about the same thing.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:11 pm

logmaster wrote:
Shane661 wrote:

You think Im joking?

I'm not.

the only thing "relative" is that 400 miles in a day on public roads around here isnt much. I was talking about a "do everything" bike. 10,000 to 15,000 miles in an average year ( we have about 5 months of decent riding weather here) is normal.

How many miles you guys have on your H2s so far?

No, we are not talking about the same thing.

I think you are missing the point. There is no "mileage number" that makes a bike more or less enjoyable, if that number is good enough for the owner. It's all relative. I don't think anyone cares how many miles you or I put on our bikes, nor is it a point to belittle someone over, nor have a "I ride more miles than you!" d!ck measuring contest over. Enjoy your ZX-14...I don't think you will find H2 owners coming into the forum and pointing out all of the shortcomings they perceive, real or imagined.

If you want a "do everything bike", maybe get a KLR 650 if you don't already have one. Occasional off-road performance of the ZX-14 really sucks, I'd imagine. :lol:

Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:40 pm

This thread is degenerating into a "which bike is best" discussion.

From the thread title it's supposed to be a comparison of the 14R and H2.

Shane, who owns both bikes is more qualified than most to comment.

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:07 am

I think Shane is right on the money here with his comments about the H2 being 'light years' ahead.Well...I'd have to agree.That's not a put down on a 14 for sure...not IMO.But saying 12K a year is 'average'or something...I've now got 13 something on mine(H2).Been riding it since May.Would have more but work and such kinda gets in the way.Now that that's over...it's total(almost)free time.I'm diggin it.

Everyone has their own bikes they enjoy...I've got my 14...and my H2.I just like the h2 better.I honestly don't think I'll be riding my 14 possibly ever again.Seriously.And I never expected that.Being single has it's advantages! :lol:

Gotta say...once i took the leap and got a PCV on there with a custom map...OMG...a great machine got unbelievably BETTER.

"There is no "mileage number" that makes a bike more or less enjoyable"...right.However..unless a person has only one bike...then that's all they can choose to ride.So in that sense,high mileage numbers between TWO bikes or more...with one having the most...does say something.????Again though...what does it for one may not do it for another...obviously. :vroom:Image :wootrock:

Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:55 am

Dmfast wrote:
I think Shane is right on the money here with his comments about the H2 being 'light years' ahead.Well...I'd have to agree.That's not a put down on a 14 for sure...not IMO.But saying 12K a year is 'average'or something...I've now got 13 something on mine(H2).Been riding it since May.Would have more but work and such kinda gets in the way.Now that that's over...it's total(almost)free time.I'm diggin it.

Everyone has their own bikes they enjoy...I've got my 14...and my H2.I just like the h2 better.I honestly don't think I'll be riding my 14 possibly ever again.Seriously.And I never expected that.Being single has it's advantages! :lol:

Gotta say...once i took the leap and got a PCV on there with a custom map...OMG...a great machine got unbelievably BETTER.

"There is no "mileage number" that makes a bike more or less enjoyable"...right.However..unless a person has only one bike...then that's all they can choose to ride.So in that sense,high mileage numbers between TWO bikes or more...with one having the most...does say something.????Again though...what does it for one may not do it for another...obviously. :vroom:Image :wootrock:

My only comment was about the couch rocket category. Nothing more.

I'll take the advice of those who say i should make no comments about a bike Ive never ridden. Maybe those who dont do any cross country riding or all day rides would refrain from commenting on that too.

Dmfast: Obviously you like to ride. :thumbs: And you prefer the H2 over the 14. Do you ever do cross country trips? How's the H2 for that?

Oh, and if i ever have a desire to bar hop or do poker runs I'll ask Shane for his advice.

;)

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:08 am

logmaster wrote:

Oh, and if i ever have a desire to bar hop or do poker runs I'll ask Shane for his advice.

;)

Don't forget the commuting. This bike has cross-country rides AND commuting in it's heart (obvious by the design, I know). Also the perfect machine for an inner-city courier, and with a swingarm/tire change, good for hill-climbing, too. A "do-everything" motorcycle. ;)

Sorry, but it is just hard to take this stuff seriously....once it's been beaten to death, on this and other boards....and by the same people. :lol:

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:37 am

Dmfast wrote:

Nice pic! I am looking forward to riding mine on Skyline Drive, and maybe BRP in the Spring. :thumbs:

Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:40 am

"Do you ever do cross country trips? How's the H2 for that?"...not yet,but I will.I think(maybe wrong here)but if I can ride all day....rack up a substantial amount of mileages without any physical issues...I just don't see why 'extending' that across country would be any different.???I mean...even a 1k a day ride...you still stop for things.So it's not like a guy's running all that at one time.

My only deal would be lodging my H2 where I would stop for overnight or whatever.That would be my concern.Damn sure aint leavin it exposed outside or something.

Like I said...I'd have ZERO qualms about hitting the road for a several state ride...none at all.God willing,I will next year probably.Too late now.

" I am looking forward to riding mine on Skyline Drive, and maybe BRP in the Spring. :thumbs:"...sounds excellent!

Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:06 pm

Sounds good. You are right about having to make stops.

Re: parking overnight

I take a bike cover with me & cover it at night. It serves a few purposes besides not showing that it's a bike worth stealing.

I have a radar detector on it that , though difficult to remove, might be tempting. It also keeps dew/frost off it so it's ready to go in the AM

Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:49 am

I should say really...the 14 truly is THE bike to run cross country...it just is.The h2 isn't really designed for that.Definitely not out of the crate.I could make it sound like the H2 is somehow 'superior' to the 14 in this respect.And probably did...not meaning to.The h2 is clearly a smaller,lighter machine.It doesn't ride the same as a 14.It does react more to the road surface and such.Not badly,just different.But I do think that I personally could ride mine on cross country trips and be fine.I would definitely be in the minority on this however.I do have mine 'setup' for me,by me,to get the feel I want from it.I love riding it...but straight out the box...it's setup somewhat different for sure.The 'complaints' about this already verify....stock factory...it's no 14 ride(feel) wise.

I do believe Kawasaki clearly attempted to make this known when they said..."Roadgoing Motorcycle".They didn't say.."perfect track bike".It's not.Nor was it intended to be.But it IS a viable road bike.At this...it does VERY well with the 'right' tweaks.

What keeps me wanting to ride mine is the handling and character of it...the feel of sharpness.The ability to accelerate smoothly and strongly for passing and such.The feeling of confidence between road and man.It's quite different from my 14.And the fact that it's not buzzing my arms off...that's a BIG one;)If that was happening...I couldn't give it the nod for being a good road eating bike.

I just say...if a guy can get a chance to ride one...go for it.This 'feeling' I've talked about is really something that's visceral.Trying to put it into words is really hard to do.And it's different for everyone.I have ZERO regrets with mine.In fact,I'm dressing up right now for another day of fun!Amazing.

Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:15 am

what you are describing sounds like my zx-10 compared to my 14

which is how i envision it........only with more power

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:40 am

KawiDrew wrote:
An s1000 is not walking this bike in stock form don't forget about the tq curve. Is it possible maybe but walk no. Where is the comparison of stock vs stock.

boy you guys are in denial
this is real world results for a h2 owner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m8-kAnoWVo

and dont even think about the busa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwuIBDZ8_2A

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:46 pm

wee

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:49 pm

:D

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:06 am

I have a 2012 that Schnitz did the basic resets.Was a beast before. Now even beastier!,Certainly not on the h2 arena but that guy knows his stuff.Awsome to see the 14r bested so soon.Love the h2 gadgets. 25k?yeah probably worth it.Cant afford one till I retire.Nice to finally see an other (BMW) give kaw a run.Nothing like honest competition to make the breed better.Also nice to see I'm not the only one out there racing breaking da law Breakin da law.Zip zip.
Moo gator II

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3