View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cycle Worlds full test of the H2 (finally) 

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I'm really not.
Just mentioning what proper test results are out there of a stock production H2 by a legitimate source, or magazine. no roll racing bs, just the facts - mam. and Ill put the 2012 zx14r test by the same magazine separated by a - next to it.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/11/06/2015-kawasaki-ninja-h2-sportbike-motorcycle-road-test-review-photos-specifications/?cmpid=enews111215&spPodID=030&spMailingID=23974478&spUserID=NzQ5OTQzOTMxODMS1&spJobID=681157824&spReportId=NjgxMTU3ODI0S0

at the bottom is the numbers I find the most intriguing(sp, lol). Peak TQ is quite high at 10,790. and peak hp isn't that far off, only 300 rpm more. The hp, I get. Its artificially low because Mama Kawi neuters this things redline. And as we know, superchargers need rpm's to make boost. At least these types do.

Looking at the graph, it doesn't make more than 80tq until 7000. Batter than a zx10r for sure, but not the instant - all bike conquering - tq that riders of these bikes report this thing makes. Magazine tests and youtube reviews do as well. I know they aren't all lying, these bikes must have a unique feel or the comments on them wouldn't be what they are.

I guess what that means, is that I have to find one to ride. All the numbers and dyno sheets in the world wont make me make up my mind about this bike. What I do know for sure.... Stock, its NOT all conquering. reference the 0-180 times vs the S1000rr, for that. Modded, they must be a monster. Some of the 270rwhp modded dyno reports obviously reflect that, as does what Brock was able to do with their bike in the standing mile.

A couple other interesting bits (to me), is that the 14r is obviously geared taller; but also pulled better top speed. Which means to me that the H2 needs more fairings, or maybe a belly pan; AND that the 14r stopped shorter. NOW, whether that was due to ABS on the h2 (not letting it stop quite as quick) OR whether the 14r's slightly longer wheelbase made it more stable under braking. Even though it has slightly lesser brake components.

Cycle World 2015 H2 - 2012 zx14r
1/4 MILE 9.62 sec. @ 152.01 mph - 9.47 @ 152.83 mph
0-30 MPH 1.2 sec. - 1.2 sec
0-60 MPH 2.6 sec. - 2.6 sec
0-90 MPH 4.2 sec. - 4.2 sec
0-100 MPH 4.8 sec. - 4.8 sec
TOP GEAR TIME TO SPEED:
40-60 MPH 2.8 sec. - 3.3 sec
60-80 MPH 2.7 sec. - 2.8 sec
MEASURED TOP SPEED 183 mph - 185 mph
Braking Distance
FROM 30 MPH 32 ft. - 30ft
FROM 60 MPH 124 ft. - 121 ft
ENGINE SPEED @ 60 MPH 4098 rpm - 3320 rpm
WEIGHT:
TANK EMPTY 501 lb. - 545 lb
TANK FULL 529 lb. - 582 lb
WHEELBASE 57.3 in. - 58.2 in
SEAT HEIGHT 31.8 in. - 31.4 in
GROUND CLEARANCE 5.0 in. - 5.0 in
DYNO 189.8hp @11,100 / 91.2TQ @10,790 - 191.7hp @10,000 / 113.2 TQ @7600

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 am

rod442 wrote:
Looking at the graph, it doesn't make more than 80tq until 7000. Batter than a zx10r for sure, but not the instant - all bike conquering - tq that riders of these bikes report this thing makes. Magazine tests and youtube reviews do as well. I know they aren't all lying, these bikes must have a unique feel or the comments on them wouldn't be what they are.

A couple other interesting bits (to me), is that the 14r is obviously geared taller; but also pulled better top speed. Cycle World 2015 H2 - 2012 zx14r

ENGINE SPEED @ 60 MPH 4098 rpm - 3320 rpm

Perceived torque can be altered greatly by gearing. Go up 10 teeth on the rear sprocket on a ZX-14R (equivalent gearing to the Ninja H2), let someone ride it without telling them about it, and then talk to me about torque monster / wheelie monster.

Kudos to Kawasaki for creating the H2 as an exercise in engineering that no other company would do, just too rich for my blood.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:39 am

The gearing difference makes perfect sense. Gear it down to move it into the torque curve of this type engine setup. The extra rpms still take care of top end. If you added 10 teeth to the rear of a 14, you would murder its top end and make its bottom end unrideable.

I'm guessing here because I havent ridden an H2 either. But I am going to venture that the "thrill" and "seat of the pants dyno" feel that H2 owners are talking about and having trouble putting into words, comes from the torque curve not peaking until its time to shift. 14 owners are used to a curve that peaks much sooner and don't realize the fall off to shift rpm that simply isn't there on the H2.

Now, we all like fast shit. Most of us have spent a lot of time around or participating at the race tracks. Quite a few of us have egos similar to a fighter pilots. Example: My turbo swb ZX14 (I don't have one) is sitting at the race track on the kick stand and I'm running off at the mouth about it being faster and having more HP than any bike there. Wee says, Put it in the starting lane against mine or shut up. I have two choices now. Prove it and shut him up. Or shut up.

I really don't think anyone here is hating on the H2. It's a racer thing. It has always been that way. The track is where questions are answered and problems are solved.

I do believe that a sorted and modded H2 will be faster than a NA 14r with similar mods. I also have the opinion of many that for 25k it should beat an S1000RR and the Yamaha R1M out of the box.

H2 owners, get your mods done and get the bikes on the track. You are simply being called out. :)

Sin

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:09 am

I guess I didn't realize that it was equivalent to +10 gearing vs the stock 14r's.

Is that factoring in the 200/55 vs 190/50 rear tire?

If so, that explains a lot.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:44 pm

LOL...wow.I'm wrestling here to say something.

The idea or perception of the becoming of the H2 as 'the fastest' is it seems to me the main expectation of most guys.Somehow this is equated with.."the best".

Kawasaki said.."built Beyond Belief".The achieved HP from Brock at 270 something is 'part' of this 'built beyond belief'...'attainable' if you will...ready to handle it.This is an H2 remember(not an H2R racebike).Modded and worked...yes.But still doable.I would ask if a BMW,or an R1,or a Yammie of equal or close CC's can achieve these numbers by some bolt on goodies.ECU adjustments,and PC mapping tweaks.I haven't seen it yet.That doesn't mean it can't be done...with something like a boost or nitro.(although I doubt these figures could safely be reached with either of those options)meaning...blown engines.

The fact that this bike comes factory with these 'possibles' says something(to me).The fact that's it's built to handle these things and more speaks a lot about the 'built beyond belief' part of this catchphrase.I mean...what new bike out actually stands out now appreciably 'higher' than the stock H2.They're all restricted.We know those numbers are a 'baseline' deal.Changeable.

The research into this ECU and parameters being carried out now will undoubtedly unlock even MORE potential...adjustments with the SC and such.Timing.All that.The fact that aside from the factory exhaust...this motorcycle is setup and ready go well beyond anything else around.Well beyond it's listed factory numbers.That's a big part of this bike's 'supremacy'.On paper,with the factory numbers...it doesn't look much different than these others.But the reality of this bike is very different than a bunch of numbers.The fact that the motor itself has been designed and built with the quality components in it capable of producing 1.5 to 2X the stresses of the listed numbers is in itself a 'built in' doorway to much greater performance that the others can't hang with.Another BIG reality of 'built beyond belief'.

The out-the -crate ride on this motorcycle is VERY different than an R1,BMW or equal sportbike out there.It really can't be explained.It's smoother than a 14R(using the 14R as the benchmark for comfort and smoothness).For those who happen to match it's ergos...it's more comfortable than a 14r.I know this in my case...I have a 14R.A nice one.My 14r just can't match the feel of my H2.Good or bad.That's another part of the 'built beyond belief' of this bike.I did need to mod my seat some...but my arse definitely wasn't killing me with that stock one on there.For others..it does.Guess I just got lucky...IDK.

The handling...super stable.On a GP course,it would fall somewhat shorter in the ability to keep close to a superbike...because of it's weight.Not because of it's actual ability to perform.But it wasn't designed to out handle a 400something lb superbike.It's a 'road bike'...not a WSB machine.

It IS fast...powerfully so.You can't ignore the fact about this machine that it is EXTREMELY capable of leaving the rider sitting on his ass saying...'what just happened?'.But this bike has that capability right off idle.And EVERYWHERE in between.It's brash at some level.It's 'out of control' at any given time while accelerating.It's a handful in other words.Isn't that a part of why we choose what we choose to ride?And these attributes are a BIG part of 'built beyond belief'.

It's really more about the ride...not so much the overall numbers...IMO anyway.You get a bike for various reasons.This is one of those bikes that creates excitement throughout the complete ride experience.From the feeling of anticipation before saddling up,to the last pull in into the garage at the end of the ride.That's what this bike is really about.IMO.I kinda don't like saying this...but I honestly don't enjoy riding my 14 anymore.It's to me like night and day.I love this H2.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Nice write up...yep gearing among other factors rule.

Speaking only for myself after years of owning , reading and seeing for myself by way of racing , dragracing ect...will say IMO...that the H2 stands out mainly because it's factory supercharged...otherwise no way would it be worth it's salt....but when you supercharge any performance motor it's just a matter of how much on the boil the supercharger operates at....then the fun begins....

The main reason I would ever buy one is without a doubt because it is supercharged...end of story for me....I've done 9.6 on my 04 10R stock all motor just bit stretched and lowered with a pipe; me weighing well over 200 lbs..even if most H2's will never actually do that (not for lack of power) it would be very nice to own one. :thumbs:

Remember Bruce Lee?....I liken my lightweight 04 Ninja 10R which won the "Masters International Challenge" to Bruce on a good day and the H2 to Bruce Lee with a pair of numb chucks.... :lol: :bigthumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKIFlaV03s0 watch this...need to skip commercial to view...Supercharging is awesome folks....

Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 pm

rod442 wrote:
I guess I didn't realize that it was equivalent to +10 gearing vs the stock 14r's.

Is that factoring in the 200/55 vs 190/50 rear tire?

If so, that explains a lot.

I just did a quick ratio of "engine speed at 60 mph" that you posted above to come up with that number. It may not be spot on, but it's close.
When the specs first came out on the H2, I was looking at everything to compare to the 14R to decide if I wanted to make the leap. The actual gearing and speed in gears has been posted on the NinjaH2 forum and could easily be nailed down exactly, but I was too lazy to search out everything. :oops:

Consider also that people that own the H2 claim it has a 1/4 turn throttle, which would also add to the perception of going fast with very little throttle, if that's true.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Great info Rod!

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:08 pm

"add to the perception of going fast with very little throttle"... :crash:

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:03 pm

hmmm, quarter turn throttle too? Ive got a rifleman 1/5, just need to put it on.

I bet Ill notice a difference with that as well.

All good points, thanks guys for the replies. I really do need to get a ride on one (H2). I must drink the coolaid.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:42 am

The H2 has a sensitive throttle, but not a 1/4 turn throttle. The fueling feels a little unfinished as it comes from the factory, imo.

The H2 has already been proven faster than similarly modded 14R's, R1's and BMW's....nothing else goes anywhere near 219 mph in a mile, from a standing start (40 mph tailwinds don't count). Hell, my 14R is probably still the fastest officially-timed bolt-on 14R, and it "only" went 207 in the mile (212 in 1.5). The H2 with bolt-ons simply has otherworldly performance.

With basic mods, there is really nothing out there that can touch it (with equal riders, of course). I don't much consider crate-stock performance, because I never leave my bikes that way....like most of us.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:50 am

Use the Force Luke,use the force.All I know is the higher the RPMs...the greater the 'GEEZ" factor when adding throttle.All the way to redline...wherever that's been set.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:53 am

"The H2 with bolt-ons simply has otherworldly performance"...I was hoping Shane would bring something into this...thank you Shane.I'm not koo koo afterall :o

"The H2 has a sensitive throttle, but not a 1/4 turn throttle. The fueling feels a little unfinished as it comes from the factory, imo"...yes...it FEELS like a 1/4 turn...but it's just a normal everyday turn setup.
That fueling really IS off some.I had mine PCV'd and added a very good custom map.All the on/off stuff has been cleared away...and she's awesomely smooth.Also a Guhl flash to open up some other things as well.

"With basic mods, there is really nothing out there that can touch it"...again Shane...thank you.I don't have anyone around here that has a sportbike that I can run up against...but I can can say with certainty...this H2 has the pull and power to outrun anything of equal size.NO ONE could catch and reel in my 14...with Brock's exhaust and such.(we get a few out-of-state sportbikers here during the summer ).This H2 is WAY stronger and faster than my 14.Maybe it's just 'perception'...but I don't think so.

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:55 am

Finally some real data, not b.s. from some cheap talk. In modified form the H2, should and will beat anything out there, however paying 25k and adding another 2-4k in mods to make it out run a 15k bike " 10,500 for me" is a huge disappointment... and who was the guy on here stating his stock H2 was faster or just as fast as his brocked zx14r? Well either he has the fastest stock H2 or his brocked 14r doesn't run to well.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:21 pm

I agree with Diesel73 100%

Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:43 pm

diesel73 wrote:
Finally some real data, not b.s. from some cheap talk. In modified form the H2, should and will beat anything out there, however paying 25k and adding another 2-4k in mods to make it out run a 15k bike " 10,500 for me" is a huge disappointment... and who was the guy on here stating his stock H2 was faster or just as fast as his brocked zx14r? Well either he has the fastest stock H2 or his brocked 14r doesn't run to well.

Yes!!

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Ok, I have to admit. diesel73's post is kind of what I was getting at, but I was trying to be a bit PC about it.

And I don't care, for the cash; a friggen S1000rr shouldn't beat a stock h2. Bolt on's (pipe and tune) or not.

And yes, money no object; I'd have an H2 to go with my 14r. OR.... a turbo. That's a tough call.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 am

Honestly,a Turboed 14 would be a better investment(costwise)..I think.BUT...the h2 is definitely a VERY one-of-a-kind motorcycle.The H2 isn't just about full on power...which it definitely has...but it's also about the visceral feel and all.More the way it powers up.Having that SC..on this platform...and it's smoothness and all...it's very unique and special.I didn't get mine to necessarily outrun anything.I got it because of it's uniqueness.First of a kind.MY first literbike.If that's what it is?I've not been sorry at all.But yeah...for 25K...a guy could get something less intense and build it to outrun an H2.No doubt.

I've NEVER ridden a literbike before...so I really can't compare my H2 with anything else in the 1K class.I'm sure some other 1000's flick about quicker...but for me...I feel mine flicks pretty damn good.I can't wring it out through the quicker curves and such(cause I'm no Pro Rider and don't want to mess my bike up)...I mean...most of my curves here are somewhat larger in radius than say...Mulholland Drive or somewhere...but it definitely grips and holds lines extremely well.I have complete confidence in it's ability to lean and power up and out.

I hit my 200mph mark a few months ago...so that's done for me.I really don't care(or ride around looking)for someone to race or beat.So whether it's 'the fastest' or not...doesn't mean anything (to me)really.It IS damn fast though.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:36 am

Would anyone turn down a Bugatti given the opportunity to own one?? Let him then cast the first stone......

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:45 pm

If you're giving away your H2 I'd happily take it.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Obviously.... 8-)

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:29 am

I am amused at how the "I'm not a hater" crowd winds up in (or posting) the negative threads, over and over.

Anyway, some erroneous info in here. The H2 drops nearly 25 hp on top, due to ecu restrictions. So, 190+hp early on, goes to 170+ hp near redline. But, that is still more than enough for this bike to go to it's speed limiter. The limitation on the stock bike is not aero-related at all. We all know that Kaw squashed the performance of the Gen 4 10R in the US, due to regs. The same has occured with the H2. Big deal, an ECU flash...for the folks who buy an H2, do you think that is a sticking point? Are there people who are saying, "Well, it's a $25k bike...I would buy it, but it needs an ECU flash in order to smash everything." I doubt that.

I find it amusing that 100% of the time, the guys who don't own one, and rely on magazines and such, want to criticize the performance. I have a good measure of comparison, in the garage...

Don't count those two 300's though...unless we are comparing MPG!! :lol:

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:46 am

Why would a hater be happy to have your H2?

get over yourself dood.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Shane661 wrote:
I am amused at how the "I'm not a hater" crowd winds up in (or posting) the negative threads, over and over.

Anyway, some erroneous info in here. The H2 drops nearly 25 hp on top, due to ecu restrictions. So, 190+hp early on, goes to 170+ hp near redline. But, that is still more than enough for this bike to go to it's speed limiter. The limitation on the stock bike is not aero-related at all. We all know that Kaw squashed the performance of the Gen 4 10R in the US, due to regs. The same has occured with the H2. Big deal, an ECU flash...for the folks who buy an H2, do you think that is a sticking point? Are there people who are saying, "Well, it's a $25k bike...I would buy it, but it needs an ECU flash in order to smash everything." I doubt that.

I find it amusing that 100% of the time, the guys who don't own one, and rely on magazines and such, want to criticize the performance. I have a good measure of comparison, in the garage...

Don't count those two 300's though...unless we are comparing MPG!! :lol:
Show off ! :lol: nice collection..

wee

Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:40 pm

"Hater" is probably not accurate and is a "strong" word in this arena of evaluations....more like opinions and interests differ among us to be more exact.

Kawasaki is a $ business $ and as such have neutered a number of their high performance motorcycles to show room floors to accommodate legal and humane reasons...they want your money but do not want the liability or expense of you ending up "dead" on account of their product or because they don't restraint their mechanical/electrical/structural/and all out performance capability if that makes sense.

Sure they can take out all the stops and just disregard safety and public concerns all together...

I doubt the current high performance manufacturers lacks the know how ....be glad they "do what they do"...now you get to take it from there on your own....that's up to you...

Be glad someone cares...there are a few less dead riders because of it...."God" bless...he cares folks.... :thumbs: So do I. 8-)

Have fun and take er easy!! be here for the duration...you are more important to your Creator than all the motorcycles ever made.

Peace from above to all!!:)

Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Not a hater, just a realist. I find it funny the second someone has a new toy in their garage, it becomes the greatest according to their impression, but after the dust settles we look at the facts. That's it!!

Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:06 pm

".now you get to take it from there on your own....that's up to you...?..there ya go.BINGO. :bigthumb:

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:13 pm

"I find it funny the second someone has a new toy in their garage, it becomes the greatest according to their impression,"...you may not accept a nobody like me's opinion,but Shane's opinion holds some water.If he says what he says about the h2...then that's how he sees it...based on his personal experience DRAGGING and riding the street.Hell...he outta know.

I KNOW my H2 outperforms my 14R...piped,and flashed.Otherwise...I'd be riding my 14R and selling my H2.SC and all.

Before Cycle tests and all that make their statements about these bikes(1000's and such)...they're ALL limited and restricted.EVERY one of em 'needs' some 'modding' to reach their full potential.Just so happens with the H2...with a couple of 'regular' mods a guy would put on any new bike(sportbike)...she doesn't gain just 5 or 10 HP....she gains a way more massive amount.They'll be up close to 300HP pretty soon.Already making 270 and change with NO engine mods.Piped,Flashed,PCV'd...air filter change.Cat removed.

What is 1.5 to 2X with a stock motor putting out 198 HP from the factory.Any new literbikes able to hit that?Without doing some motor modding?

The H2 is already 'over the top' in fitment,ride quality and overall design feel.Handling,power delivery.Braking.All that.Uncork this thing with a few 'normal' bolt on mods...it's truly built beyond belief.The fact that it IS so damn 'workable' makes that phrase REALLY mean something.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:18 pm

I guess some might think I'm in the Hater club. I don't feel that way. I LOVE the H2. I read anything/everything I could about it when it was being teased, and as much as I could after it came out.

YES, I'm a bit turned off at the price (therefore wont be buying one). YES I sort of harp on the fact that Kawasaki built this thing that is BUILT BEYOND BELIEF, and yet gets outgunned to 180 by a bike that's almost half the price.

Yes, I think Its gorgeous, the green frame and silver black chrome paint DOES IT for me. And Ive never seen one in person.

What also gets me, is just about everyone who has one says - basically, its gods gift to the motorcycle world. ok, show me. PROVE IT. So far, only the Rickey Gadson special edition, and the Brock bike in the mile have done that.

I understand that this is a very limited bike and results are hard to come by. Maybe that's why I had to post the magazine test I linked above. Its some of the only real factual data on the bike I can find.

You can tell me how incredible it is to ride, and how fast it must be; but dang it.... the numbers don't bear this out unless its modded. and I'm including ride reviews of people in the industry that test these things. They say how unreal the power delivery is, or how much thrust it has. Except, the stock numbers don't hold up. Plus, The TQ numbers are much lower and peak much higher than a 14r and it makes basically the same power at a higher rpm. and with just a 40# weight advantage (on an empty tank), its not light enough to destroy a 14r.... UNLESS what was mentioned above, is the gearing advantage makes up the difference. And if that's the case, (I agree it may be); how does it explain the feeling that all you guys that own both bikes (h2 and 14r) have that the H2 is faster than your modded 14r. If we are comparing a modded H2 with a 14, then yeah... No doubt. That's a Well DUH!!!! a power adder bike that gains 75 hp with a flash and exhaust cant compare with a NA bike.

But I'm mostly talking about a stock H2. They just cant be that fast out of the crate. and all the numbers so far, prove that. I mean, whats Bob C's done in the mile? barely over 200 with some sort of a flash? maybe not one that gave a bunch of power, but still - it wasn't stock. The Australian guys hit what? 207 with a "stock" (power) 14r. Anyone get close to Lee's best SWB 1/4 mile on an H2? modded or not? are any except RG's Hybrid near or in the 8's in the 1/4 mile?

I cant have one, so I have to live vicariously through the proud owners of these fine machines. and in one ear, its RAH RAH RAH Its the greatest bike ever made, and in another ear its 25K and cant outrun a litrebike. lmao.

So... please.... Someone get me a test ride on one of these. and I can shut up and make up my own mind. lol.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:20 am

Another test and another set of results !!

I think I can speak with some authority about this having owned both a 14R and currently an H2. I've been campaigning a 1400 since they were launched in 2006, both Gen 1 and Gen 2.

My latest 14 was kitted out with all the Brock's parts. A CT System, flash, PCV and map, clutch mod, lowered and strapped etc. My H2 is standard everything with the exception of a Brock's flash and a PCV and map, it still has the stock exhaust with the catalyst and I haven't lowered it yet or fitted a tail tidy, it still had the mirrors on.

Over the standing-mile (LSR meetings not road riding) the 14 needs the whole mile to get the last bit of speed. With the H2 it's all over by two-thirds of a mile. No bullshit.

Terminal speeds are similar (the H2 just gets it) but I know which is the faster accelerating. This is not based on an afternoon's riding but whole seasons of results all giving the same answer.

I also tried both of these bike when they were still showroom stock and the results were similar.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:20 am

I would love to get the chance to ride one, I truly would. I know there is one local to me, saw it on a side street a few miles from my home. No matter what I thought of the ride if I had the cash for an H2 I'd still probably RCC my 14r.

Until I get the chance (is hell freezing over anytime soon?) ride I completely trust Shane and BobCs reviews. I gave up reading car, motorcycle and gun rags long ago.

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:21 am

diesel73 wrote:

What the fuck you talkin about. I`m the only guy on theses boards that has ran 8.99 on a swb bolt on mods 14r that I know of..The H2 is that powerful.All the thing does is power wheelie out of control and guys and myself have to constantly back out of the throttle.It`s the supercharger doing it`s job.This motherfucker will suck you right off the seat and leave you on your ass watching it go down the road by itself.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:49 am

:lol: I know most on here feel the 14/14R is near and dear to em...I have one.The h2 honestly is in a very different class. :wreck:

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:33 pm

14r wrote:
diesel73 wrote:

What the fuck you talkin about. I`m the only guy on theses boards that has ran 8.99 on a swb bolt on mods 14r that I know of..The H2 is that powerful.All the thing does is power wheelie out of control and guys and myself have to constantly back out of the throttle.It`s the supercharger doing it`s job.This motherfucker will suck you right off the seat and leave you on your ass watching it go down the road by itself.
You might want to do a search :lol:

wee

Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:44 pm

set up like mine swb. who do you speak of sir.I missed it and I really hope so.It is wheeling thru the 1/8 mile with me on it.I worry about getting spit off it power wheeling.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:22 am

Correct me if I am wrong. RG claimed that he run that ET with stock ZX14r when it just come out. Then he confess with 'only' rear sprocket change -1

Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:50 am

WTF am I talking about? Exactly that! Your telling us that your STOCK H2 will run a 8.99? That's what your brocked 14r ran with you on it? Show us some STOCK H2 numbers to back up your claim........I didn't think so. I am simply saying that the H2 is a disappointment in stock form. With the exception of your incredibly strong H2 of course : :thumbs:

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:26 pm

I understand Kawasaki changed the clutch around this year. Slipper with more clamping pressure and a whole lot easier to pull the clutch lever..... :)

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Warbird wrote:
I understand Kawasaki changed the clutch around this year. Slipper with more clamping pressure and a whole lot easier to pull the clutch lever..... :)

It'll help the lady riders I expect. :D

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:13 am

AFAIK...they only added an 'assist',the H2 already had(has)a slipper in it.(although they 'say' 'new slipper with assist')

They MAY have done a bit with the SC as well....not sure exactly what that was.Something regarding
'flow' at the intake of the SC body(vanes)...looked like to me anyway.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:15 am

BobC wrote:
Warbird wrote:

It'll help the lady riders I expect. :D

Heh heh heh........ :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 am

Here are a few bits of info I found on the 2016.......

"Kawasaki has bettered the motorcycle at the Tokyo Motor Show and the 2016 model of H2 carries more features.

2016 Kawasaki H2 Features

The 2016 H2 gets…

Support for aftermarket data logger
Assist & Slipper Clutch
Upgraded ECU
New Color
Support for the aftermarket data logger is through a CAN coupler provided inside the canopy."

"Also the 2016 Kawasaki Ninja H2 will get the benefit of slipper clutch which was oddly missing until now given the power on tap and the pricing the motorcycle commands."

"The street-legal 2016 Ninja H2 will be equipped with a new Assist and Slipper clutch said to have a 40% lighter lever pull. Kawasaki aims to reduce rear wheel hop during downshifts with the addition of its slipper clutch, too."

"New for 2016, a high-quality clutch with Assist and Slipper function has been added to the Ninja H2 transmission. This results in a 40% lighter clutch pull and stronger clamping force during clutch engagement. The previous Brembo parts are used for both the clutch lever’s radial-pump master cylinder and clutch release mechanism, giving superb linearity and smooth actuation. Additionally, the back-torque limiting Slipper function of the clutch contributes to stability by helping to prevent wheel hop during aggressive downshifts."

I also read that the clutch hub or basket material has been changed saving about 2.2 pounds. If I can find that article again I will post the quote.....

Here it is......some good pics too including a depiction of the new clutch function. http://www.gtsuperbikes.com/new-bikes/2016-h2/p00001694

"The most important addition in the H2 though is the introduction of assist and slipper clutch. While the assist cam helps in making the clutch level easier to pull, the slipper cam helps in rear wheel lock-up while downshifting from a higher gear. The company claims that this has helped the clutch level to feel lighter by 40 per cent, leading to reduced rider fatigue. The clutch hub material has also been changed to aluminium from steel which has helped reduce the weight by 1 kilo!"

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:16 am

rod442 wrote:
Ok, I have to admit. diesel73's post is kind of what I was getting at, but I was trying to be a bit PC about it.

And I don't care, for the cash; a friggen S1000rr shouldn't beat a stock h2. Bolt on's (pipe and tune) or not.

And yes, money no object; I'd have an H2 to go with my 14r. OR.... a turbo. That's a tough call.

Let me make that decision easy for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4m9FWScPUA&feature=youtu.be

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:29 pm

LUCKY14R wrote:
rod442 wrote:

Let me make that decision easy for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4m9FWScPUA&feature=youtu.be

Heh heh......SEE YA!....... :mrgreen: :shock: :clap:

" Oh....look up ahead......some bikes and a car playing...... :lol: Wonder if they will let me play?" :lol: :bigthumb:

Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:51 pm

Cool vid. how much was the R1m spraying? lol.

cant believe it was getting the lead at the hit vs both the h2 and the car.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:39 am

Interesting....lol needs an H2R to complete the video :bigthumb:

Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:41 pm

Chosen1 wrote:

....and perhaps some proper riding gear. May as well ride naked, or were they related to Rollie Free?

Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:47 am

BobC wrote:
Chosen1 wrote:

....and perhaps some proper riding gear. May as well ride naked, or were they related to Rollie Free?

Bob, your Rollie Free reference is probably mostly lost here.... :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollie_Free

Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Shane661 wrote:
BobC wrote:
Chosen1 wrote:

Bob, your Rollie Free reference is probably mostly lost here.... :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollie_Free

You may be right Shane but it makes me shudder when I see people riding in t-shirts, jeans and trainers. It's not as if they were just going to the local shop for a newspaper, they were racing. It goes against every bit of good advice.

I've been off at pretty high speed once or twice and sliding down the concrete surface in leathers is bad enough - but in cotton clothing? You would only do it once. Broken bones can hopefully be fixed but losing all your flesh is something entirely different.

To say nothing would be a betrayal.

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:05 am

the H2 aint shit if you want to see a real test just look at this video.
This is real world testing not internet keyboard racing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m8-kAnoWVo :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

and some idot says h2 fasted bike with bolt on parts lol :fishslap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBZ6cliNxVo :plus1:

and for you 14 guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCQrVQxO8g8 :bow: :bow: :bow:

now watch how a H2 rider turns into a female reproductive organ when he gets on a busa. Jump ahead to 5:00 mark its to funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0so_Kj1uyp8 :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :thumbs:

Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next