View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 My 14r feels like a whale now 

I have been riding the H2 only for the last 2 weeks .So I take the 14r out for about a 35 mile ride and now I`m bummed out.The H2 has jaded me so bad I don`t need the 14r anymore.My son says let`s just get another H2 off.... flea-bay and be done with it.The 12r is up for sale already.........Is there any end to this addiction.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:33 am

:D :D I borrowed the 14R demonstrator (strictly speaking a ZZR1400 as I'm in the UK) when my H2 was in for it's service. I know exactly what you mean. A big, comfy whale though.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:29 am

My God...so I'm NOT alone;)Still...the 14 is a bunch of fun to take out and enjoy.My H2 is getting all the attention though...8K on mine now...since April.4 tires...one set of sprockets...new chain...SEVERAL air filter changes.

Can anyone tell me...how much is .02 inches would be?Feel wise?(.05 MM)

I mean...I've checked my SC impeller part...it moves in and out about...well...a small amount...IDK how much...it's not much I'll say that.

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:56 pm

.508 mm = .020 in

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:33 pm

Yes...I know the measurement...thanks.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:22 am

"A big comfy whale"... :lol: And the H2 feels like?...a Mako Shark;)

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:27 am

I,m interested to know how you guys consider the H2 as an everyday road bike. I'm still up in the air as to whether I could replace my 14r with it.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:22 pm

Blade wrote:
I,m interested to know how you guys consider the H2 as an everyday road bike. I'm still up in the air as to whether I could replace my 14r with it.

I sold one of my Turbo bikes to a member that Has a H2 along a zx14. He tells me two hours is his Max on the seat of the H2. Then he comes home and switches back to the 14. Everybody is different of course but I am happy he gave me his honest opinion and did not wave the H2 flag just because he had one. Great Guy I enjoyed hearing all his input. This bike certainly sounds like allot of fun.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:19 pm

I'm gonna say right now..and it may only apply to me...but my H2 is my bike of choice for all day rides.I've done some seat modding...and made some throttle grip adjustments...but I really wanted this bike to fit me.I wasn't sure I could.But it worked out.I love my 14...it's an extremely good bike for all day trips.The plushness of the 14 is well beyond anything else out there in it's class.There's just something very different feeling when on my H2.It's an excitement...an edge.I've managed to get the suspension set up just to where I needed it.The wind protection is awesome.I can take this bike through all the sweepers and curves here at a much higher rate than on my 14 and still have the smoothness and comfort of my 14.The handling is so damn precise...it tracks so good.It doesn't feel heavy at all.It responds to body position and all just how I would want a supersport bike to be.I don't feel apprehensive at all at any speed cornering with it.

I was noticing today that the frontend...regardless of pavement cracks,mild(and some not so mild) surface holes...stuff like that...it just refuses to wiggle or feel like it's skipping or anything.It really feels great.The faster I go...the smoother it gets...the more solid it feels.On straights OR corners.It's pretty amazing really.

My main concern was CAN this bike be ridden all day.I'm happy to say...yes.I have my 14...and every time I go to ride...which is almost every day...I pick the h2.It just keeps drawing me into it.I'm keeping my 14...but I just don't feel the same about it since I got my H2 set up how I hoped I could.They're both FANTASTIC bikes.But I pick my H2 over my 14 for a reason.And that's different for everyone.The smoothness and power delivery is every bit at good as my 14....but better.For me.

I was beginning to develop some neck pain from a previous accident I had.When I readjusted the throttle grip...I was able to let go of the throttle and cruise with it like that for however long...and now there's NO pain at all.I was worried about this particular thing for me...but it's fine now.When I get off the bike...I feel fine.No ass soreness...no joint pains.It wasn't quite that way when I first started riding it.

I could easily see doing out of state trips on it now.And I'm planning on that.I've learned how to adjust the ride to get the best mileage.It's doing very well...at least as good as the 14.In some areas,better.

After sitting on it at the dealer's when I picked it up,and rode it home...I knew I could get it to fit for me.Just took some working with it to make it a reality.The basics are definitely there.Just like with the 14.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:05 pm

Grn14 wrote:
I'm gonna say right now..and it may only apply to me...but my H2 is my bike of choice for all day rides.I've done some seat modding...and made some throttle grip adjustments...but I really wanted this bike to fit me.I wasn't sure I could.But it worked out.I love my 14...it's an extremely good bike for all day trips.The plushness of the 14 is well beyond anything else out there in it's class.There's just something very different feeling when on my H2.It's an excitement...an edge.I've managed to get the suspension set up just to where I needed it.The wind protection is awesome.I can take this bike through all the sweepers and curves here at a much higher rate than on my 14 and still have the smoothness and comfort of my 14.The handling is so damn precise...it tracks so good.It doesn't feel heavy at all.It responds to body position and all just how I would want a supersport bike to be.I don't feel apprehensive at all at any speed cornering with it.

I was noticing today that the frontend...regardless of pavement cracks,mild(and some not so mild) surface holes...stuff like that...it just refuses to wiggle or feel like it's skipping or anything.It really feels great.The faster I go...the smoother it gets...the more solid it feels.On straights OR corners.It's pretty amazing really.

My main concern was CAN this bike be ridden all day.I'm happy to say...yes.I have my 14...and every time I go to ride...which is almost every day...I pick the h2.It just keeps drawing me into it.I'm keeping my 14...but I just don't feel the same about it since I got my H2 set up how I hoped I could.They're both FANTASTIC bikes.But I pick my H2 over my 14 for a reason.And that's different for everyone.The smoothness and power delivery is every bit at good as my 14....but better.For me.

I was beginning to develop some neck pain from a previous accident I had.When I readjusted the throttle grip...I was able to let go of the throttle and cruise with it like that for however long...and now there's NO pain at all.I was worried about this particular thing for me...but it's fine now.When I get off the bike...I feel fine.No ass soreness...no joint pains.It wasn't quite that way when I first started riding it.

I could easily see doing out of state trips on it now.And I'm planning on that.I've learned how to adjust the ride to get the best mileage.It's doing very well...at least as good as the 14.In some areas,better.

After sitting on it at the dealer's when I picked it up,and rode it home...I knew I could get it to fit for me.Just took some working with it to make it a reality.The basics are definitely there.Just like with the 14.
Nice review , thank you ... :thanks:

Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:59 pm

Excellent advice Grn14 thank you. :thumbs:

Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:24 pm

Y/W. ;)

Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:15 pm

What did you do to get the zx14r gas milage.On the same trip my 14r gets 43 mpg and the h2 gets 27.That is terrible.

Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:53 pm

Cruise along at 65mph in 6th.

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]