View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Think tank . 

Turbulence is one factor to avoid when it comes to achieving the best top speed possible...

Without a wind tunnel study the best guess is achieved with premeditated thinking on what is understood about the physics involved at high speeds and the wind forces acting against an object.; or the object avoiding them. ;)

...I understand a ball has more drag without a tail due to dragging turbulence not streamlined behind a ball shape....

I think this info below may help....a little maybe.....interesting topic me thinks. Have fun!!! :thumbs:

http://ruiribeiro.hubpages.com/hub/MOTO ... RODYNAMICS

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:00 am

The very cool thing with the H2...which hasn't been mentioned much...is the windflow at speed.No bullshit...I get zero buffeting...at 190,naturally you don't want to stick yer head up...but really,this bike has(to me) the BEST windshaping aeros I've ever felt.Even at triple digits...sitting kinda upright,it doesn't buffet.I'm 6'1"...so a good portion of me sticks up above the screen.Truly amazes me everytime I ride her.I've done LOTS of 135,145 curves...she's very smooth windwise.Tucking in at those speeds,it's like there's NOTHING hitting me.Seriously.Totally calm in the pilot area.And the wind coming along the sides of the screen....nice and mellow.

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]