View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 200+ Mission Accomplished. 

Some members will have seen this on FB last night but I'll put it on here too.

Got home from the Top Speed Tuesday standing-mile meeting at Elvington yesterday with four +200 timing tickets for my H2.

200.1, 202.0, 201.9 and 200.2. I only made the four runs and all were within 1% or so of each other.

The bike was stock and in road-going trim with the exception of a Brock's Flash 1 and 19/43 gearing. It can only get faster !!!

Becci Ellis was there (world's fastest woman) with her camera and said she'd got some good shots. I will post anything worth seeing later, with her permission.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:11 am

Wow congrats!

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:44 am

I never doubted the H2. The H2 being a supercharged specimen from the green team.......she has lots of involvement from various high tech departments that exist within the Kawasaki corporation. Like the dept. that made the supercharger for one.

My question would be how does the H2 stack up in terms of aerodynamics (drag coefficient) ?

....in any case congratulations!!...

I agree she can will only get faster...good job man. :thumbs:

Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Well done Bob !!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:53 pm

FUN FUN FUN.how many miles on your H2 Bob. I only have 420..I squeezed it a little yesterday and it popped right up in 2nd and 3rd gear shifting a 9 grand.........This bastard is wicked.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Guys, my H2 has nearly 800 miles so it's well run in now.

Aerodynamics are not good, especially compared to a 14R.

On my first run I was watching the speedo and tacho and as I changed into sixth I could feel a lot of wind pressure on my head and shoulders. Since my chest was on the tank and so was the chin of my helmet I couldn't tuck in any more. I saw the speedo climb to 189 and it got no higher as I went through the speed trap.

Really disappointed I went back down the return road and into the paddock. I thought I may as well get my timing ticket so went into the caravan to see Helen the timekeeper. "Congratulations, you're today's first run over two hundred" she said. To say I was happy is a massive understatement.

It seems that the H2 speedo only registers up to 189, at least it does on my bike. I'm assuming that speed data comes from the wheel speed sensors and gearing shouldn't affect the speedo. Anyone know for sure?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 am

SteveWFL wrote:
Wow congrats!

:plus1: Took the words right out of my mouth.
Good job Bob. :thumbs:
A little more windshield just might be the hot ticket
on this bike.....what do you think?

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:16 pm

This is a photo of me at 200+ on the Elvington runway taken on Tuesday by Becci Ellis who is also the current "World's Fastest Lady" over the mile at 264.1 mph.

You can see that the aerodynamics of the H2 present something of a challenge. Warbird is spot on with his comment. Compare this with my avatar.

Attachments:
Elv H2 July 2015.jpg
Elv H2 July 2015.jpg [ 25.33 KiB | Viewed 1445 times ]
Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:25 am

Hey Bob. What is your sizeI am 5-7 and 140 on a fat day.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:30 am

:clap:

wee

Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:55 am

:thumbs:

Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:29 pm

14r wrote:
Hey Bob. What is your sizeI am 5-7 and 140 on a fat day.

I'm just an average 5-10 and 190, all muscle of course. :D

Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:14 am

Yes BobC ; looking at both avatars ie. 1.) H2 with you tucked V.S. 2.) ZX-14R you tucked - that there is less machine coverage of your frame on the H2 resulting in more room for drag to occur...either you get smaller or patch up the areas left out of the ideal streamlines...a little higher and ( wider perhaps) windshield should do a "lot to reduce drag" in theory...worth a try if possible. :wootrock: :wootrock: looking good :thumbs:

Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:05 am

Congratulations man. Good job :wootrock:

Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Congrats on that Run Bob...do you have the seat ALL THE WAY BACK?I've done some top speed runs a few times now here...I felt the aerodynamics were fine...I'm 6'1"....got a nice low tuck with mine.Just the top of my helmet was getting 'buffeted' by the windblast...the bike itself was rock solid and smooth.My seat is at the factory setting...so I don't know if that's all the way back or not.I don't think it is.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:47 am

Grn14 wrote:
Congrats on that Run Bob...do you have the seat ALL THE WAY BACK?I've done some top speed runs a few times now here...I felt the aerodynamics were fine...I'm 6'1"....got a nice low tuck with mine.Just the top of my helmet was getting 'buffeted' by the windblast...the bike itself was rock solid and smooth.My seat is at the factory setting...so I don't know if that's all the way back or not.I don't think it is.

I was right back against the pad, I don't think adjusting the side pieces will make any difference but thanks for the suggestion.

Here's a side view taken last month at the Records Meeting, you can see I'm right back.

Attachments:
Bob H2 side view.jpg
Bob H2 side view.jpg [ 82.74 KiB | Viewed 1356 times ]
Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:05 am

I see...well,if you could (if possible)adjust the seat(Assembly) out further...it might give you more tuck room...get ya flatter on the bike.

I should say here...looking at your side view there...you really ARE at your limit...nice and flat.

IDK...when I did mine,I scootched WAY back and leaned on the tank with my chest.I'm 6'1" as I said...I was VERY flat and had no buffeting happening on the rear part there.My helmet was all the way(the chin part)on the tank surface...I was basically looking at the windscreen painted dark part there...I could see somewhat ahead...enough to feel safe 'staying in it'.My toes were totally on the tips,I felt safe...and low.

I think I had my helmet even closer to the front than you do...tucked in that spot that goes down at the triple tree.I really could only see the painted lines coming at me...and little ahead.I wasn't wearing snug race leathers either.Just my armored hoody(which gave me a bit more flexibility).yeah,I know...but at 200 mph...doubtful I'd live anyway in a getoff.Regardless of the kit.Just tucked my arms and knees all the way in,and went for it.

The bike was totally stable and planted.Wasn't concerned at all about something getting squirrely.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:28 pm

grn14..How fast did you go ?.....Yes the butt pads can move back 15mm the book says.I need them to move up from the standard setting way more for street ride but it won`t. I might pull it apart sometime to see if I can hotrod it...Guys get your H2 out to the twistys. This bike was made for turns.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:14 pm

14r wrote:
grn14..How fast did you go ?.....

......and I'm interested to know where that was, over what distance and how was the speed measured?

Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:28 am

Well Bob...you mentioned how your speedo was reading something around upper 180's.Right?Yet your real time was 200+.You also had your cat on there...and I'm guessing...13.5 rev limit.

Now...I can't say how fast I was going...but mine is catless...flashed..rev limit raised to 14K(which was pegged at 14K on this run)..shorai battery.DNA filter.The speedo stopped at 191.If you were hitting 200 something,mine might have been a bit higher...though I can't verify it.But at least 200 I'd say?

I have a very nice three mile straightaway here...got the bike fully open about the 1/3rd way in.It was open all the way...as hard as she could pull...no wind.For at least 1 minute...maybe more...just to make sure it was at it's top speed.

I haven't GPS'd it yet...that's next.But anyway...The GPS deal I have is accurate.My 14r was showing 191 topped out on this same road.The GPS showed the the same thing.So I know it works.I'll get out there one of these days and go for it again...you have my curiosity up now...saying the bike was going faster than the speedo showed;)

It'd be nice to get 200 or more for the first time on anything I've ever had.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:38 am

My data:

The bike is stock with the exception of a Brock's Flash 1 (13,000rpm) and the Akrapovic slip-on we get in the UK. Gearing is 19/43.

The venue was the two-mile runway at Evington with a course set out for standing-miles and a very accurate speed trap at the end. The same as is used for National Records.
LSR has standardised at one-mile with the exception of the salt pans like Bonneville.

I was interested in how you logged your speed because the speedo on my H2 stops at 189mph.

The reason I'm asking, apart from genuine interest in what other H2 owners have done, is that I think my run on 21st July was the first properly and accurately verified +200 on an H2. Kawasaki UK think it is and I've not heard of anyone else above 200 apart from H2R's and Rickey Gadson's hybrid.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:17 am

Well,as I said,I can only 'guess'...I honestly don't know if it hit 200.But going off your post with your results and mods...I'm going by that.I will get it logged soon.Raining now...but tomorrow it's supposed to be 0 rain.My limiter was raised to 14K(rpms).Yours was set at 13(odd to me that it would be set 'lower' than the factory setting).Going by what the sc does...it was somewhat 'stronger' than a 13K limit.Maybe enough to pass or hit 200?IDK....You UK bike...is it factory set at 13?Mine wasn't.13.5 on mine.

Mine is flashed just like Somefun's and 650Ib's.Theirs was hitting 243 HP...and I don't think that included the DNA filter...which according to the Brock's dyno tests of it...it added about 5hp.I've got stock gearing.From what I saw on some online tests for top speed on the H2...that gearing was working for 200 mph passes.I think...thought I saw at least one video of a 200+run with stock gearing.I could be wrong.I don't think that particular bike had the Cat on there.May have been flashed.

You say 13K...the stock bike limits at 13.5.If yours topped out at 13...you could probably get a faster time by raising that limit to at least 14K.I'm surprised a bit with your comment about the Brock flash being set at 13.Don Guhl has been raising these limiters from day one.

I'm wondering now...in your 'set shiftlight' menu...does yours give an option to raise it to 13.5?Mine does.Even with it flashed to 14K.

Now that I think on this...the factory limiter IS 10.5...right?I forgot that.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 pm

BobC wrote:
Grn14 wrote:

I was right back against the pad, I don't think adjusting the side pieces will make any difference but thanks for the suggestion.

Here's a side view taken last month at the Records Meeting, you can see I'm right back.

Get those mirrors off and take your license plate off and you should see an additional 3mph

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:15 pm

:lol: :wootrock: :thanks:

Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:29 pm

On the subject of comparative aerodynamics:

Attachments:
ZZR-Hayabusa-H2-side.jpg
ZZR-Hayabusa-H2-side.jpg [ 145.55 KiB | Viewed 779 times ]
Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:18 am

Great comparison Bob. It is very clear how much more of you is in the wind on the H2.....and how much more aerodynamic the Hayabusa is out of the three when viewed that way. You definitely need some more windshield because the tank is not going to let you get any lower there. Busa is hands down better in the back also...... :)

Charles

Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]