View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 British National Records Meeting 

I went to the British National Records meeting at Elvington last weekend and took my H2 along. It's not flashed yet so still restricted to 186 and wasn't entered into the meeting but they had asked me to bring it as so many members hadn't seen an H2 yet.

Trevor, the Straightliners owner/organiser, had his 750 Turbo there too so we took a few photos of the bikes out on the runway. Two forced induction Kawasaki motorcycles thirty years apart.

I did a demo' run on the H2, it hit the limiter at an indicated 189 within half a mile and even picked the front wheel up in 4th gear. It's a lot quicker than my 1400 believe me and will be a great miler when it's been flashed and geared correctly.

Attachments:
Kawasaki-light.jpg
Kawasaki-light.jpg [ 756.58 KiB | Viewed 392 times ]
Tue May 19, 2015 4:08 am

Cool Bob !!!! :thanks: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Tue May 19, 2015 12:17 pm

In MCN (Motor Cycle News, UK weekly) today they tested the H2R for top speed. I'm a little surprised that they didn't know beforehand that the stock H2R is geared 18/43 for 204mph at its 14,000 rpm limit and that the Bridgestone slick is NOT recommended for straightlining.

They seemed perplexed at the low gps recorded speed of 205 (as opposed to the optimistic speedo's 223) and the blistered rear tyre. A little research would have been useful MCN !!!

My restricted H2 went through the extremely precise speed trap at Elvington at 184.674, which is bang on the money, as it's geared 18/44 to do 185 at its 13,000 rpm limit.

Wed May 20, 2015 3:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]