View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 New orders being taken in April 

In case people didn't read my post in the other thread. I was told a new round of orders will be open in April. That tells me the bike didn't sell well in the first round. I wonder if this will be a 10 round fight or a 15 rounder. LOL

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:05 am

BobK wrote:
In case people didn't read my post in the other thread. I was told a new round of orders will be open in April. That tells me the bike didn't sell well in the first round. I wonder if this will be a 10 round fight or a 15 rounder. LOL

Interesting. Some posts/forums seem to allude to new owners believing that once they placed their order, that was it... they had the only H2's or H2R's that would be available. Do people believe that?
I have never had that impression.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Link???

Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Id have to go back & watch RG's video again but i also had the impression it was a one run deal.

He may not have actually stated so but he was big on implications.

Once the bikes actually get into owner's hands & dyno runs are made would seem to be the time to decide whether to make another run or not.

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Seeing this bike is gonna be having numerous production runs,I hope Brock will come up with an exhaust system for it.That AKRA is just WRONG;)

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:27 am

NOTE : Guys and Gals we may have a top Kawi guy doing a Q&A live in a few days to fill you all in on the new H2 .. He will be answering your Questions live !!!!!! As soon as I get the info ( times and date ) I will post them up ...

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:32 pm

OK guys the Kawi guy ( insider ) is not going to do the Q&A .. He did tell me a few things , Real HP number for the street H2 225 HP at the crank NOT the tire .. It runs off 91 octane , it does have a knock sensor and runs full timing until the knock sensor picks up Spark knock and removes timing to save the motor .. This way the bike can and will run full timing at all times until the sees spark knock .. 250 H2s have been pre ordered in the USA ..Over a 1000 world wide .. New orders will start again at some point ( start time unknown ) 1100 dealers have sent employees to school the learn how to service the bike .. All USA dealers have all the specs on this bike .. The H2 is a smart bike , it counts in hours how much time is spent over 8000 RPMs , Once it hits a target hour usage above 8k and service light will come on .. The bike was built for one reason only , and that reason was the big man at KHI had wanted to build this bike for many many years and now he is top dog he could have it built .. It's not about sales or any other reason ... Nothing from this H2 will ever be used on any Kawasaki models .. The H2 name means Brain Crushing , eye ball popping acceleration Just as the first H2 750 ..The Ninja name on the bike was because the men that made the bike work in the Ninja R&D Department of Kawasaki ..The Kawasaki water mark will only be used on this bike , they will never use it on any other motorcycle they make .. So for the lucky 250 people that have put money down you just got a piece of history that will not be repeated .. A one off bike that is sure to never lose it's value ...In fact I think you will see the price increase daily ...

Also for those that think the can get H2R parts to hot rod their H2 forget about it ... There are 8 items needed to make the switch.. You will not be able to buy them unless you own a H2R and prove it by Vin number ..The transmission in the bike is hand built and each one is shimmed by hand ..You Break a transmission you have to buy the hole transmission ...

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:47 pm

I should add , the bikes are built one at time , it takes a full day to build one bike ! .. Orders are going to late ... Not late because of the build time , Shipping problems are causing the bikes to be late ..

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:53 pm

Thanks for the info Smokin.

wee

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:59 pm

thanks

I would argue that 225 crank HP is not brain crushing

will be a cool bike no doubt.

Im expecting suzuki & honda to come out with something in the next couple years that will smoke the H2

competition is good!

Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:19 pm

Thanks Lee for the info...very nice of ya;)

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:43 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
OK guys the Kawi guy ( insider ) is not going to do the Q&A .. , it does have a knock sensor and runs full timing until the knock sensor picks up Spark knock ...

I can confirm it does indeed have a knock sensor. I read about it in the H2 Service Manual.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:12 am

I feel safe to guess the H2 will have a better thrust to weight ratio over the ZX-14R ....that is considering both elements of Power and torque (energy) expected combined with the reported 50 lbs lighter machine....fun part is now waiting to see how true that is.... 8-)

And yes the bigger breakthrough is just getting supercharging on the table and getting all the other manufacturers to build their own stuff to compete and us being alive to check it out...I'll might be too old to want to buy what's coming out in 10 years from now (maybe not?) In any case it is sure fun speculating and watching it happen... I'm just so happy with my ZX-10R and ZX-14R...my ZX-11 will get restored if I have my way...it's all good from my vantage point...let the good times roll....

I might just need a larger garage to accommodate a new bike yet :lol: ...:thumbs:

Peace.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:13 am

Logmiester said"I would argue that 225 crank HP is not brain crushing"

It won't stay that way for long...promise;) :wootrock:

Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm unimpre3ssed and underwelhemd!

Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:46 pm

BobK wrote:

Yeah, sadly enough me too.

The Factory H2 service manual says 200PS at 11,000 RPMs for Euro models and list no HP numbers for CA, CAL and US models. Probably less.

Torque numbers listed are near 100 foot pounds at 10K though.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Guess you didn't REALLY read my post....show me ANY modern sportbike that's NOT factory restricted.This one is no exception.I'm surprised really that experienced guys like yourselves don't see the reality here. :vroom:Gotta look outside the box here fellas;)

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Grn14 wrote:
Logmiester said"I would argue that 225 crank HP is not brain crushing"

It won't stay that way for long...promise;) :wootrock:

you are admitting that it is not what they are advertising.

that's my only real complaint.

sounds like any regular person buying one ( not for big time drag racing $$$) would be foolish to void the warranty as it could be muy expensive if something breaks. not to mention a first gen is always at risk of having a "flaw" or 2........and no company is eager to admit it's a factory caused flaw.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:39 am

"you are admitting that it is not what they are advertising.

that's my only real complaint."...I'm not 'admitting' anything.I said.."it won't stay that way for long".They advertised what it was listed at HP wise and all.BTW...just what ARE they advertising about it?You tell me.For whatever reason,you've taken a real negative approach to this new bike.I wonder why."my only real complaint"...why worry about it?You're not getting one.No one's criticizing your bike...so what gives?I honestly don't KNOW how some can turn someone's straightforward comments into something completely different.How do you do that?

"would be foolish to void the warranty"...how do you know whether ANY adjustments will void this bike's warranty?I would argue here...this new motor HAS the capability to withstand the H2R's configuration...albiet somewhat lower(because of the head gasket).H2R revs to 14K...H2 revs to 13K....Without harming anything.Apparently you haven't done much research on these two bikes.I have...and am.And a few professionals as well.No offense;)

Since it IS a big deal with Kawasaki about having a great performing bike as this,their Flagship SC bike,I would say just the opposite to this statement..."and no company is eager to admit it's a factory caused flaw".Wouldn't YOU be on this if you had built this thing and promoted it as they did?I would.

That's all I'm saying anymore about this bike...and defending it.It doesn't need any defense.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:03 pm

If I were to build a new model

It's not just me:

Yeah, sadly enough me too.

The Factory H2 service manual says 200PS at 11,000 RPMs for Euro models and list no HP numbers for CA, CAL and US models. Probably less.

I wouldnt hype it beyond belief to sell it if it didnt perform that way

they've shown us nothing to make us believe it outperforms any of the other hyper bikes.

Yeah, it has a SC. cool. the big 4 all had turbos out in the 80's

Yeah, it can probably stand another 25-30% or more hp added. So can the 14; hell, a 1999 zrx can take 100% added hp.

Lighten up , dude.

Im not knocking your bike. Its cool. :thumbs:

Im knocking KAWASAKI's promotion of a new model.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:23 pm

It's all good. ;)

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]