View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ricky Gadson releases H2 Drag video 

148mph is down 7mph from the 2012 test stock lowered 14r (9.13@155). So is the H2RG10 down 7+mph? :dunno:

wee

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Wheelie wrote:
148mph is down 7mph from the 2012 test stock lowered 14r (9.13@155). So is the H2RG10 down 7+mph? :dunno:

wee

Hey Wee,

What did that 2012 test 14r run in the 1/8(mph)?

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Sprocket swap (40t) it went 5.91@125mph, no 1/8th mile time for the stock sprocket.

wee

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:31 pm

RG10's time slip may have been the best et and not the best mph for the 14r. Same goes for the H2r, I would rather post my best et and not a slower et with better mph. Need to get RG10 on zx1441r.com and tell us. :thumbs:

wee

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:34 pm

Wheelie wrote:
Sprocket swap (40t) it went 5.91@125mph, no 1/8th mile time for the stock sprocket.

wee

And that shows what I was trying to get across. I just found where Rickey went 9.1's on the 2012 14R with the stk exhaust and was pulling 124mph in the 1/8 and 154 in the 1/4. The stk exhaust is not the issue(and I knew it wasn't as I'm sure many others here did too). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it will come close to the hybrid H2. The Hybrid H2 may very well have been hampered due to whatever. There are several things that can cause the mph to be low in the 1/4 when the front half of the run pulls so good. Missed shift, traction issues, chopping the throttle, etc. None of that was mentioned though.
Does it change what the Hybrid H2 ran? Nope. It just disappoints me to see the 14r put up there for comparisons sake and see its numbers skewed some. Does not really tell us anything, know what I mean?

Anywho, I was not trying to be a negative nelly or anything. I really envy the guys that are able to purchase one!

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Wheelie wrote:
RG10's time slip may have been the best et and not the best mph for the 14r. Same goes for the H2r, I would rather post my best et and not a slower et with better mph. Need to get RG10 on zx1441r.com and tell us. :thumbs:

wee

:plus1:
If I were to post just one. But I would rather post both! Best ET AND best MPH! lol

Maybe Rickey will clear some of it up for us.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:43 pm

Nastynotch wrote:
Made 292 whp on the dyno

Ran 9.16@160mph at stock wheelbase and 8.2@166.5mph with a stretch. http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/template ... 4&zoneid=2

Where did he say 292 hp?

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 am

Wheelie wrote:

wee

Was just reading back comparing low boost 14R to High Boost H2RG. Mph Put into perspective

Rickey's first two passes on the very first low low Boosted 14R yielded a 8.23 at 171.29 MPH during shake down runs. During this run Rickey made a mistake hit the flasher button and not the shifter button and slammed into the rev limiter at the 1000 foot mark .. He did hit the shift button after he the flasher button but it cost him some ET and MPH .. Set up on the 14R was only 65 inch, Not the 68 the H2RG is running at.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 am

http://touch.cycleworld.com/all/137553
this is the article where he mentions rwhp.

Muzzy black stainless Slips
Yoshimura fender delete
Custom machined bar risers by Me

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:30 am

Nastynotch wrote:
http://touch.cycleworld.com/all/137553
this is the article where he mentions rwhp.

thank you.

the hybrid came to him with 269 hp

and just a little remapping put it at 292

and the H2 for sale to the public ( not the H2R) has a claimed 200 hp

Ive got that straight now, right?

almost seems they are purposely trying to get perspective buyers of the H2 to believe they can achieve similar results with little cost or effort by throwing this hybrid into the mix

Notice he didnt say one word about the bone stock H2 he tested in japan. zero.

he just raved about the H2R and how wild it was and then talked about the hybrid and what that did.

interesting.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 pm

You guys talking about the 14r pulling hard in the 1/8th, but not the 1/4.....

have we considered that maybe this track has the clocks at the 1/4 set slightly different than the other tracks/times mentioned?

I know most tracks use the last 66' to average a mph, but aren't some setup different? like the old 132' distance average?
Is there any differences between ihra to nhra tracks?

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 am

rod442 wrote:
You guys talking about the 14r pulling hard in the 1/8th, but not the 1/4.....

have we considered that maybe this track has the clocks at the 1/4 set slightly different than the other tracks/times mentioned?

I know most tracks use the last 66' to average a mph, but aren't some setup different? like the old 132' distance average?
Is there any differences between ihra to nhra tracks?

Rockingham is setup like almost every track nowadays... The last 66" is where your speed is determined. In fact, I've never been to a track that had it measured in 132".... And I've been to A LOT of tracks.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:40 am

cool. it was just a thought. There is an old track in MI that has something funky going on with the clocks (Lapeer, or Ubly). I forget which one, but at one of them I trapped 1.5 mph more - back when I had my 98 z28. It was the only track around that I ever had that happen. Just made me think maybe this was the issue.

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:52 am

Ricky states: and I quote:

"I believe the H2 can be competitive in Real Street. At this point, I’ve only been able to do bolt-on modifications and enough modifications to make this bike unique and one of a kind. But I haven’t yet been able to search for more power and manage the power it already has"

Like I stated earlier Ricky is just getting started.....will say we never had to wait so long to get all the facts.... :lol: :

Ricky had to hold back on his runs bigtime to be able to do what he has done so far....I have as well as has anybody (who has dragraced) seen the same while getting things sorted out on a new bike....especially with this kind of power....time will tell ....the older crowd knows this well....

As far as last half on the 14R in the 1/4 mile there are numerous factors contributing to the end result...weight of the pipe and averaging 9 hp less will by the established laws of physics be in part reason for less mph in the 1/4 mile....not saying you have to believe me...that is what I have seen dragracing various Ninjas over the last 25 years and learned in accredited University of science.....took me 7 years of learning to get my science degree...to this day I have not been fired or in need to plead ignorance using what they have taught me .... :lol:

There are videos of Ricky just getting only about 149 with stock pipes as well to prove it's a normal occurrence regardless of 1/8 mile....

Since we were not there we can only assume a bit on all the facts but he probably got a tail wind during the 1/8 and a head wind during the last half...there that explains it and nobody can prove me wrong..... :D

For whatever it is also worth and Nasty can attest: a stretched out and lowered brocked out ZX-14r with a average rider in my local track has only struggled to reach 149 mph...that has to do with lousy average air quality at the track....he would get less mph with stock pipes no matter what anyone likes to believe.....that remains a fact....to say less weight or less hp is irrelevant is useless....

Again wind resistance and total hp bear huge factors for the last half of the track...simple physics can explain that guys... :fishslap: Why do top speed records require two runs? enough....

Eventually we will have more testimony on the hybrid...it is clear what is said in the cycle world article by Ricky thus far....I doubt we can't duplicate what he has done....especially if it is bolt on components as he claims.....being cost prohibited or choosing to not spend the money is a personal issue.... :lol:

I am like most waiting for more mods and runs from this new Ninja ; from my own ZX-14R too :lol: .....waiting is part of life....not always the easiest part ...... 8-)

Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 am

Not sure I'm reading this right???
Taken from the article linked by Rod:
Quote:
People keep commenting about how heavy the H2 is. They’re appalled that it’s listed as 530 lb. I will say this: I never believed the bike was that heavy, so I pulled it onto a scale. In completely stock trim (no carbon, except where the mirrors and wings are), my bike weighed 475 lb. stock, with a gallon of gas. Then, at our December test with the extended swingarm and carbon rear wheel, the bike weighed only 460 lb.

Is he really suggesting Kawasaki have overstated the weight of the H2 by 55lbs !!!
Really?

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:22 pm

"I believe the H2 can be competitive in Real Street. (<PERIOD)

( NEW SENTENCE>) At this point, I’ve only been able to do bolt-on modifications and enough modifications to make this bike unique and one of a kind.

The bolt on mods he has done are to his hybrid, NOT a stock H2.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:26 pm

GM14 wrote:
Not sure I'm reading this right???
Taken from the article linked by Rod:
Quote:
People keep commenting about how heavy the H2 is. They’re appalled that it’s listed as 530 lb. I will say this: I never believed the bike was that heavy, so I pulled it onto a scale. In completely stock trim (no carbon, except where the mirrors and wings are), MY bike weighed 475 lb. stock, with a gallon of gas. Then, at our December test with the extended swingarm and carbon rear wheel, the bike weighed only 460 lb.

Is he really suggesting Kawasaki have overstated the weight of the H2 by 55lbs !!!
Really?

not to mention understating power by 69 hp.

he said "MY" bike.

is he purposely confusing his hybrid with the H2?

I dont know.

either way, he is confusing his audience.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:28 pm

Add the H2 exhaust and a full tank of fuel, do you have 530?

wee

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:01 pm

The stock wheelbase H2 street is definitely slower than a stock wheelbase stock 14R, if Rickey Gadson's H2 hybrid with 269 whp as delivered to him was just slightly faster than a stock 14R....that sums it up for me.....his bike is awesome I really am digging the paint job and mods he did to the H2RG Hybrid...

They probably did not release the 1/4 mile times for the stock H2 street because it will confirm the 14R is still the quickest 1/4 mile stock production bike out there.... :thumbs:

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 am

bmacknyc1k wrote:
The stock wheelbase H2 street is definitely slower than a stock wheelbase stock 14R, if Rickey Gadson's H2 hybrid with 269 whp as delivered to him was just slightly faster than a stock 14R....that sums it up for me.....his bike is awesome I really am digging the paint job and mods he did to the H2RG Hybrid...

They probably did not release the 1/4 mile times for the stock H2 street because it will confirm the 14R is still the quickest 1/4 mile stock production bike out there.... :thumbs:

:plus1: :plus1: :plus1: Amen

Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:54 pm

Having owned 3 turbo cars and a supercharged Jaguar V8 all on going questions are more than valid......we would need to know whether the hybrid has had the stock boost pressure messed with to achieve 269 hp....not enough info to be sure yet...but I have never seen boosting a turbo or supercharger a feat for "one of a kind"....the first thing any enthusiast does is figure safe levels of boost...waste gate use ect.....been there done that....never been that hard to do your own plumbing or small bolt on mods to do really....a supercharger has not been any different ever to my knowledge.....

Note that he also uses the wings of the H2R for stability....that could be where the hybrid term comes from (using some H2R parts)?....we should know all the facts to be sure.....when he modifies the underbelly exhaust lowering the hybrid expect better 1/4 mile times ..... :shock:

I am so happy with the 14R and my other Ninjas I don't need to worry about it personally...but am certainly as curious as anyone about the 269 hp..........good questions fer sure....Still glad Kawasaki has raised the bar....be super nice to see what follows in the industry out of this......I don't really need an H2....but it sure has promise and deserves credit for changing the game....I prefer (trust) factory products much more..... :thumbs:

Happy Holidays!!!!

Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:35 pm

August 2014 Motor Cyclist magazine has a short article about supercharged bikes.

said this is due to forthcoming legislation requiring tighter CO2 restrictions in Europe & coming to Amerika soon is the impetus. Expect to see NA engines to go the way of 2 strokes.

Suzuki & Honda both have bikes available soon

Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:43 am

Rickey's H2 Hybrid has the H2R Cams,head, exhaust, and some other parts besides the turbocharger from H2R it is not comparable to the 200hp rated H2 street model in stock form...and H2 owners won't be able to get the H2R parts....

RG is one lucky dude...he got a sweet bike there, a one off with nice paintwork too... :thumbs:

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... vefMmOF7D8

Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:21 am

why does he title the video H2

and then he's talking about the H2R ? ?

I dont recall anyone questioning what the R model will do

and he mentioned how 300 at the crank doesnt equate to njear as much at the RW ( yeah, we already knew that )

didnt his hybrid put 269 to the rear wheel..before his own tweaking?

If it's a catch 22 situation it was caused solely by himself & Kawasaki

Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:42 am

Mr Gadson: When do we get to see your results after lowering your H2? let er rip for your fans bud. :vroom: :thumbs:

Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:21 pm

The factory limiter stops at 10.5(on the H2).It's capable of well more than that.Already been proven.The H2R..at 14K.We all know that the boost continues to climb with the rpms.Add some ECU tweaking...fueling..the street bike is gonna be very strong.Remove some weight...even better.All those drag times...first impressions really.This bike(both)has yet to be fully dialed in.The H2 will never be capable of an H2R's output.Not without the right parts in there.But for street riding,260+hp is plenty enough.

As far as getting H2R parts for the H2?I'm personally bound by a gag order myself about this.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:02 am

We know RG went to the track again with the hybrid bike, cause it was on his FB page a couple weeks ago that he was there. But no mention of results of any kind. Come on, someone spill! lol.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2