View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Kawasaki Ninja H2 

I see Rickey Gadson's H2 has BST wheels now ....

Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:17 pm

bmacknyc1k wrote:

Only the best for RG :bigthumb:

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:09 pm

I really want to see his bike in person at NY IMS about a week from now...hopefully I can make it..... Looks badass in the teaser pics on FB :mrgreen:

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Brock wrote:
bmacknyc1k wrote:

Only the best for RG :bigthumb:

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com

RG10 :lol:

wee

Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Saw this exhaust for the H2....a slip on muffler without a link pipe that get's rid of the cat that looks like a reproductive organ from a whale for $1749 retail. .Akra's prices have gotten pretty insane over the past few years :o :shock:

http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/15565?brandId=31&modelId=722&yearId=3770

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:02 pm

bmacknyc1k wrote:
Saw this exhaust for the H2....a slip on muffler without a link pipe that get's rid of the cat that looks like a reproductive organ from a whale for $1749 retail. .Akra's prices have gotten pretty insane over the past few years :o :shock:

http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/motorcycle/product/road/15565?brandId=31&modelId=722&yearId=3770

So, question for the tech heads out there... if you can purchase a pipe (slip-on or otherwise) that "needs no remapping", does it tell you anything?

Brock

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:31 am

Brock wrote:
bmacknyc1k wrote:

So, question for the tech heads out there... if you can purchase a pipe (slip-on or otherwise) that "needs no remapping", does it tell you anything?

Brock
no power gain

wee

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:01 pm

Wheelie wrote:
Brock wrote:
bmacknyc1k wrote:

Brock
no power gain

wee

Or the computer has additional sensors so it can "learn" and optimize.

-Glenn

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Wheelie wrote:
Brock wrote:
bmacknyc1k wrote:

Brock
no power gain

wee

And we have a winner! I have such a hard time explaining this to people... remove the OEM exhaust from some bikes (The S1000RR for example) and put on a 'large/popular' mfg.'s full exhaust. Let's say they start with a Y or an A. No map changes. The bikes runs fine. Why? Those pipes are designed to mimic the OEM flow characteristics. Stock length, OEM diameter headpipes - small core mufflers etc. Now put on a Brock's full system - the bikes don't run well. Our oversize, shorter length head pipes and high flow mufflers require mapping for proper acceleration/power - they also enhance airbox efficiency (larger diameter pipes offer less restriction during valve overlap, when airbox pressure is 'less negative'), which allows more fuel to be burned, which creates more energy/makes more power. FYI: This is also why slip-ons make little, if any power gain.

Do you think these big companies would sell you a pipe that would allow your bike to run like pooh, out of the box? Hell, no... they wouldn't have the staff to handle the tech calls. That's why we offer no-charge mapping with all of our Brock's Performance exhausts, through our map support program.

Brock

PS Don't get me wrong, the big guys MAKE really nice high flow pipes, they just don't sell them to you or me. You have to be on a race team and know the secret handshake.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:49 pm

I cannot see buying this muffler that attaches to a cat for $1700 when a Full titanium CT Meg with stepped headers is around the same price, am I missing something? :lol:

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:06 pm

bmacknyc1k wrote:
I really want to see his bike in person at NY IMS about a week from now...hopefully I can make it..... Looks badass in the teaser pics on FB :mrgreen:

I'll be there early Saturday December 13, with a group of NYC motovloggers from 8:00am until 5:00pm. If you can make it let me know, maybe we can meet up. :thumbs:

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:27 pm
Profile WWW

As Brock stated earlier, most people will be buying this bike as a trophy. They probably won't care if their new can makes no additional HP, as long as it looks good and sounds a bit more aggressive. The true enthusiast and performance oriented will opt for a pipe that performs well AND looks good. I've met a few guys who own Bugatti Veyrons, they drive like grandma and know absolutely shit about cars. They just bought it for exclusivity and bragging rights. That is probably the type most H2R and a few H2 buyers will be.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:31 pm

This is a rather popular forum and from what I have seen there appears to be only one person who has actually ordered an H2. It would be interesting to know how many of these bikes have been ordered from all the forums which might give an idea of how well this bike has been received.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:41 pm

KoflaOlivieri wrote:
bmacknyc1k wrote:

I'll be there early Saturday December 13, with a group of NYC motovloggers from 8:00am until 5:00pm. If you can make it let me know, maybe we can meet up. :thumbs:

If I can get there on Saturday I will let you know :thumbs:

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Brock wrote:
bmacknyc1k wrote:

Brock

Brock, any plans for producing H2 exhausts in the future?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:18 am

BobK wrote:
This is a rather popular forum and from what I have seen there appears to be only one person who has actually ordered an H2. It would be interesting to know how many of these bikes have been ordered from all the forums which might give an idea of how well this bike has been received.

I'll be surprised if the Kawi assembly plant will be hiring any extra help because of the H2

2 weeks left..theoretically

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:00 am

Well look at the Vmax ... They built 2500 the first year and only sold 1600 ...My inside info tell me less than 200 have put down money on the H2 ..

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:25 am

bmacknyc1k wrote:
Brock wrote:
bmacknyc1k wrote:

Brock

Brock, any plans for producing H2 exhausts in the future?

Doing a feasibility study now.

Brock

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:32 am

SmokinZX14 wrote:
Well look at the Vmax ... They built 2500 the first year and only sold 1600 ...My inside info tell me less than 200 have put down money on the H2 ..

If they extend the ordering deadline I think that will be telling.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:13 pm

Since it was brought up in this thread, I have a straight to the point question for Brock ...

Weight savings aside, is the Akra dual exhaust head pipe any better than OEM for the 14r?

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:23 pm

Looking at RG's bike, does anybody really believe here that at least a couple of people here already know exactly what that bike will Dino, and what it will ET quarter-mile LOL. is there any reason to hold those numbers back past December 19, LOL

I'm sure this bike will be fast, but probably not fast enough to impress anybody here at the local hangouts, at least anytime soon.

Ken

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:57 am

Rich Craft 1 wrote:
Looking at RG's bike, does anybody really believe here that at least a couple of people here already know exactly what that bike will Dino, and what it will ET quarter-mile LOL. is there any reason to hold those numbers back past December 19, LOL

I'm sure this bike will be fast, but probably not fast enough to impress anybody here at the local hangouts, at least anytime soon.

Ken
Well I know what Rickeys bike made on the dyno and I know what it ran the first time out but I'm under black out from KHI and others to keep my trap shut .. The heat I have taken over this is unbelievable.. I have leaked so much info on this bike that KHI has put me on there shit list .. So you guys will have to wait till Dec 12 -14 to get the truth about Rickeys H2/H2R mixed modded bike ..As far as the real H2 street bike we will all have to wait till one of the bike rags gets one to test .. Around 200 have been ordered last I checked ..You might have better chance to see a unicorn than a H2 on the street .. I am happy Kawi is making the bike but very disappointed the way they are marketing it ..

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:01 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
Rich Craft 1 wrote:
I am happy Kawi is making the bike but very disappointed the way they are marketing it ..

:plus1:

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 pm

Is anyone here...who owns a 14/14R dissatisfied with it?How many here purchased a 14/14R sight unseen.How many got one without taking a test ride?How many are NOW breaking track records with their 14R?Apparently no one actually KNOWS what this machine is really able to do...except...Smokin...and he aint talkin.And Ricky(but that's the H2R....).What was the listed output of the 14R?HP and Torque.

Either folks in the know are keeping all this quiet because releasing the numbers would ruin the sales of this bike...or they're allowing the drama to build and then the final 'hooray'...which won't help sales at all either.

It's been mentioned about 'being blacklisted' by Kawasaki....and some other inferences about Kawasaki's 'we have the power to harm you if you say one peep' mentality.You know...I've already ordered mine...it'll be here in January.If it makes 220,210..I don't care.I ordered mine for the fun factor...nothing more.It isn't a Trophy to me.Unique..yes.It's too bad really,IMO,that this bike has been slammed from the very beginning.Almost everyone has said...It's NOT this and NOT that.They said that about the 14/14R as well.And look where it's at.

Some have said...the electronics are somehow 'inferior' to other brands out there right now.I don't get it...I'd think guys would be positive about this new Kawasaki bike.I'm not hearin it,except on one or two other dedicated H2 forums.Those guys are stoked...very.And I'm one of em.

ANYONE that has REAL HP info can PM me....I'm not about to spread any of it around.Not that I really CARE about the HP....I'm more in it for the thrill factor....the fun...the acceleration..the feel of the suspension,the handling.Knowing Kawasaki's build quality...through the years with their sportbikes anyway...I have every confidence this new bike is gonna totally be everything they claim it to be....and even more out there on the road...riding...having fun...ridin the twisties...hitting the open straights.

I'm sorry...saddened with the amount of negative press this bike has gotten from these forums.You don't want one?Then leave it at that.You needn't go on about how it fails in this,or fails in that.NO BODY here(or on other forums)has ANY clue what this bike is gonna do.(Except a few who REALLY know)....just wanted to express my feeling on this....I Love the zx14...always have.I don't see a 'letdown' with this model either....

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

The zx14R we had all the info before it showed up at the dealers .. Rickey had run two of them into 8s long before the dealer show ... The bike was on a dyno before the dealer show ( 197 hp ) ... I got the first one in the Tampa bay area and knew just what it was thanks to Rickey Gadson .

In the case of the H2 we know nothing .. I know nothing ..No track times, no dyno numbers , no nothing ..Rickey told me he had NO plans to get one or even test one on the track ..

Rickeys bike is a mix of a H2 and a H2R .. It's not truly a H2 or a H2R ..You will NOT be able to buy a bike like his .. You may be able to copy what he was by using Factory Kawi parts ..That is a BIG maybe because unless you own a H2R you can't order H2R parts ..

So when you see the numbers coming shortly from Rickey keep that in mind ..

I think the H2 is a great looking bike and I would love to have one ... If it were 18k and not 25k I would jump on it .. It has been said it makes the same HP as the zx14R or very close to the same , it a bit lighter so it should out run a zx14R from a 60 roll on race .. Drag strip ? It might do ok seeing it's 57 inch wheel base that is close to the Gen 1 ZX14 at 57 1/2 ... With a arm on it and piped and tuned it may just be faster than the ZX14R with a stock motor .. With so few of them being built I think we will not see any at the drag strip or even on the street ..

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:37 pm

"Rickey told me he had NO plans to get one or even test one on the track "...that wasn't Ricky on his facebook page running an H2(R)down the strip?They already dynoed one in the uk...no number except '210'(HP)...(H2).They also have a video of an H2 hitting 216 mph(Kawasaki Vid)....NOT wide open.No matter really...I have to remember...it doesn't matter what others say...good or bad.I just have a gut feeling this bike is gonna smash a lot of records.Even THAT doesn't matter(to me).Probably should keep my emotions to myselfLOL!!!It is afterall...a free country with freedom of speech and expression.Sa'll good.I'll have a blast with it anyway...25K?Not THAT big a price considering the other 'superbikes' out there are approaching that amount...unsupercharged.

This discussion got me to thinking...about the bikes that have yet to be built...the ones that haven't been sent to the shows and all.The ones that guys have put deposits on.Ricky has one...hybrid or whatever...set up for dragging.He's running it...testing it..for Kawasaki.This leads me to think...all his input is being sent to Kawasaki.For what?All the Dyno runs so far most likely are of the very first H2's(R's) to be released for public awareness.There's been serious commenting from all over about just how lacking this new bike is...for the money.

I honestly believe...Kawasaki aint about to sit back and allow these comments(which could(probably WOULD)affect the 'image' of Kawasaki possibly in a negative way(which means..loss of sales ahead)...to disrupt their goals pertaining to sportbikes...and this one in particular.I predict...the H2's shipped after all this stuff dies a bit....that the newly built bikes are gonna have an updated set of power improvements and the like.They probably won't announce it...but I just have a feeling that what Ricky said about the H2/H2R when he talked with that guy on Carlyles Picks...was a direct reference to what the bike is GOING to be in the hands of those waiting right now...the consumers.They have PLENTY of time to adjust this bike to what they see buyers are expecting.I'm very optimistic about the 'final product'...as it is right now...it's still being refined.This isn't the end of this story.

I can't see at all Ricky pumping this bike up as he has...only to turn around and have to say..."Well guys...I was wrong about this bike...sorry"...You know what that'd mean about his 'credibility' towards Kawasaki bikes...and this one in particular.What's he gonna say when someone asks..."Yo,Ricky...why'd ya lie about that H2?"...that's how it's gonna appear.I just can't imagine that happening...no way.He's gonna turn it around and say Kawasaki told him to say that?I don't think so;)

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Grn14 wrote:
"Rickey told me he had NO plans to get one or even test one on the track "...that wasn't Ricky on his facebook page running an H2(R)down the strip?They already dynoed one in the uk...no number except '210'...(H2).They also have a video of an H2 hitting 216 mph....NOT wide open.No matter really...I have to remember...it doesn't matter what others say...good or bad.I just have a gut feeling this bike is gonna smash a lot of records.Even THAT doesn't matter(to me).Probably should keep my emotions to myselfLOL!!!It is afterall...a free country with freedom of speech and expression.Sa'll good.
You keep mixing up the H2R and the H2 .. First OFF READ THIS ( Rickeys ) bike is not a H2 or a H2R , it's a mix of the 2 bikes)..The bike that went 216 was a H2R !!!!!! NOT a H2 .. The bike Rickeys has run down the strip in not a H2 street bike ..The bike is a one off bike ..

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Grn14 wrote:
"Rickey told me he had NO plans to get one or even test one on the track "...that wasn't Ricky on his facebook page running an H2(R)down the strip?They already dynoed one in the uk...no number except '210'(HP)...(H2).They also have a video of an H2 hitting 216 mph(Kawasaki Vid)....NOT wide open.No matter really...I have to remember...it doesn't matter what others say...good or bad.I just have a gut feeling this bike is gonna smash a lot of records.Even THAT doesn't matter(to me).Probably should keep my emotions to myselfLOL!!!It is afterall...a free country with freedom of speech and expression.Sa'll good.I'll have a blast with it anyway...25K?Not THAT big a price considering the other 'superbikes' out there are approaching that amount...unsupercharged.

You will be getting a GREAT bike. I hope you don't keep your emotions to yourself and continue to share them with the rest of us PLEASE. I look forward to it.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:23 pm

"You keep mixing up the H2R and the H2"...I'm not mixing anything up..apparently you have the impression with me that his engine is a conglomeration of the two bikes...it isn't...his add-ons are hybrid...but that's it.I KNOW he's running the H2R...that's not the point.Your 14 is doing how fast in the quarter?The H2(r)'s motor hasn't been modded.So it's an H2R....THAT isn't the issue.Unless I'm really missing something here...I saw his bike on Facebook...tricked out to drag race...that doesn't change the engine mechanicals.Or the ECU...or any of that.The H2...H2... in the vid from Kawasaki was doing 216 MPH and not even near redline.

I may be somewhat ignorant about setting up a bike for drag racing...yes...I am...but I'm not completely unable to figure some things out by paying attention.;)He's doing his runs with a stock H2R motor...and I wouldn't be a bit surprised that Don Guhl is working with him in this...not that that's not okay or something.And ALL of that info is going straight to Kawasaki.Wouldn't be the first time they collaborated with us on their stuff.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Grn14 wrote:
"You keep mixing up the H2R and the H2"...I'm not mixing anything up...I KNOW he's running the H2R...that's not the point.Your 14 is doing how fast in the quarter?He ran the quarter at...200+.The motor hasn't been modded.So it's an H2R....THAT isn't the issue.Unless I'm really missing something here...I saw his bike on Facebook...tricked out to drag race...that doesn't change the engine mechanicals.Or the ECU...or any of that.The H2 in the vid from Kawasaki was doing 216 MPH and not even near redline.

I may be somewhat ignorant about setting up a bike for drag racing...yes...I am...but I'm not completely unable to figure some things out by paying attention.;)
What ? 200 in the 1/4 mile ? Rickeys H2/H2R has run nowhere near that .. Where are you getting this crap from ?
And for your info Rickeys bike has the H2 motor but has the H2R cams , ECU and Pipe ..

Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:54 pm

Take it easy Lee...I reread my post and removed that statement...I didn't realize just what I had said right there.While you were posting yours.Didn't even know you had read mine.

I'm not putting "h2/H2R" in my comments.You are.No offense.

"And for your info Rickeys bike has the H2 motor but has the H2R cams , ECU and Pipe .."..okay...now THAT's clear.The pics I saw had the piping,winglets and all...naturally...I guessed it was an H2R...but I might add here..that even moreso strengthens my ideas about what's gonna be sent to the public.Street motor...H2R go fast goodies....they're testing for their final release...He's their R&D guy....not that we'll get those cams and such for the H2...but the Hp and torque curves and such are all being looked at very carefully.I'd guess..to pull even MORE out of the street version....before they get shipped.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:01 pm

Grn14 wrote:
Take it easy Lee...I reread my post and removed that statement...I didn't realize just what I had said right there.While you were posting yours.Didn't even know you had read mine.

I'm not putting "h2/H2R" in my comments.You are.No offense.
No big deal , all good ... :D

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Okay...last thing I would ever want here is to have some sort of animosity or something floating along with either of us...I totally respect you and all...hope you know that;)

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:09 pm

Grn14 wrote:
Okay...last thing I would ever want here is to have some sort of animosity or something floating along with either of us...I totally respect you and all...hope you know that;)
All is good ... We want you to post pictures and videos of your new H2 as soon as you get it .. As far as I know you are the only member getting a H2 ... We need your input , we need you .. :thumbs:

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:16 pm

:bigthumb:

I think the factory paint is just awesome...but I gotta say...that Green on his....VERY NICE..and it really fits the bike well;)

Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:25 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
All is good ... We want you to post pictures and videos of your new H2 as soon as you get it .. As far as I know you are the only member getting a H2 ... We need your input , we need you .. :thumbs:

:plus1:

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:45 am

The first thing I would like to do is to apologize to lee, for the bait and trap comment I made earlier. If they didn't think he could keep a secret they wouldn't have told him. Sorry I put you in that spot.

Maybe I could be a little more positive about Kawasaki's new bike! Maybe they don't want a lot of people buying their bike the first year? Maybe it would be safer to have a limited production the first year? If you look at some of the valvetrain problems they had with the ZX10 with its new cylinder head, and the BMW had their new engine woes to start with, building 200 bikes the first year would be a lot safer than building 2000. I'm sure the R&D is not easy. You can build 10 bikes to test with, but you can't think of all the things that the public can do to your new toy. On our bike night when the kids get ready to leave they love to crank up their bikes cold and set them on the 12,000 RPM limiter until it makes them happy, sometimes that takes a while LOL. you can't build a 300 hp bike and make it stupid proof, there are rules you have to go by, some of them they can control and some they can't. I think that's why you have a H2 and H2R the H2R to show you what can be done if you follow the rules, and 62,000 will help you follow the rules LOL, and the H2 for the dum down version, and to keep Uncle Sam happy.

Ken

Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:51 pm

As far as fastest production bikes are concerned, I'm anxious to see a bone stock H2 1/4 mile run, wheelies and all... :lol:

The 14R still holds the title in stock form....at least for now.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:56 pm

Sintrahl wrote:
Since it was brought up in this thread, I have a straight to the point question for Brock ...

Weight savings aside, is the Akra dual exhaust head pipe any better than OEM for the 14r?

I don't understand what you are asking?

Brock

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 am

"I'm anxious to see a bone stock H2 1/4 mile run, wheelies and all... :lol:"...if I get mine soon enough...though I've never tried to do a 1/4 mile...I'll give er my best shot;)GoPro vid okay?That Launch control just might save my dumbassLOL!!!!

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Rickeys bike is a 1 off ! so does it really matter what it does? if its fast ok if its not fast oh well! the public cant buy one unless you buy his and that's not gonna happen anytime soon. :roll:

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:03 pm

Brock wrote:
Sintrahl wrote:

I don't understand what you are asking?

Brock

"So, question for the tech heads out there... if you can purchase a pipe (slip-on or otherwise) that "needs no remapping", does it tell you anything?"

Pertaining to that statement/question. But after re-reading, my question was possibly a bit out of context. The conversation was originally about a slip-on and not a full system or a head pipe. I misinterpreted and it lead me to believe that you meant an Akra system flowed no differently than stock. Sorry.

I'm still curious about the flow of the 14r head pipe though lol.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:13 pm

As it gets closer to the deadline for ordering is anyone aware of any dealers that are willing to mark one down off list? I would think there is at least $5,000. in profit on it. Why not knock off some just to have it at your dealer for awhile. Most on ebay show it for $25,000. but some say call for a price.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:21 pm

If I were a dealer I'd buy one.

How many kawi dealers in the country?

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:56 pm

BobK wrote:
As it gets closer to the deadline for ordering is anyone aware of any dealers that are willing to mark one down off list? I would think there is at least $5,000. in profit on it. Why not knock off some just to have it at your dealer for awhile. Most on ebay show it for $25,000. but some say call for a price.

From what I was told by a local dealer, it is against corporate policy to discount these machines. My guess is that some dealers might try to 'sweeten' the deal with some free and/or discounted accessories, etc. But, that would be a through a verbal commitment and not advertised publically.

Brock

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 am

"If I were a dealer I'd buy one."....you might 'want' to buy one...but that's the issue.If you were given the opportunity to BUY one...as a dealer...and 'lose' 25K with it just sitting there...would you?If ya rode the thing personally...then you couldn't get anywhere near 25K out of it if someone DID want it.So there it sits...paid for...by you the dealer...without ANY solid hope of selling it.They have to buy it to show it.That's the sticking point about this bike.I think SOME dealers are hoping secretly that some of the ordered bikes will 'possibly' be not picked up off the showroom floor for a bit of time....maybe.Then they can 'show it off'...for a bit anyway.They don't really get anything out of the deal...except...eye candy.Won't be able to tell potential customers.."hey,this is what it is...want to get one?"....that aint gonna be possible after the deadline.

I think once this bike's REAL numbers come out....(after the deadline)...there could very well be a BIG response from prospective buyers all over.... it may be that Kawasaki will 'readjust' their buying policy with it.They've already got all this figured out anyway....The cat's still not out of the bag yet.It will be come that deadline...then things are gonna get interesting.It HAS to live up to the 'hype'...if it surpasses that...then it's good news for future sales and possible NEW orderings.If it barely squeaks by...that aint gonna be so good...but at least they'll have sold all the ones preordered.I can't imagine a guy getting one...then getting rid of it...but there may be some who will.Honestly...it's really about money...not that the bike isn't killer,or worth it...but money is the motive...as much as I hate to say it.Of course...for the techs and engineers and such...it's their crowning achievement....rightfully so...but still.....

I honestly think that as the deadline gets here...the info from some of the current possessors of this bike(and there are a couple at least)is going straight to Kawasaki...I don't think this bike right now is EXACTLY what the shipped bikes for the customers are going to get.I mean...I think the shipped bikes are gonna be even MORE upgraded in the performance arena.There's still lots of time before these paid for bikes get shipped.It doesn't take weeks or months to assemble this thing.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Grn14 wrote:
"If I were a dealer I'd buy one."....you might 'want' to buy one...but that's the issue.If you were given the opportunity to BUY one...as a dealer...and 'lose' 25K with it just sitting there...would you?If ya rode the thing personally...then you couldn't get anywhere near 25K out of it if someone DID want it.So there it sits...paid for...by you the dealer...without ANY solid hope of selling it.They have to buy it to show it.That's the sticking point about this bike.I think SOME dealers are hoping secretly that some of the ordered bikes will 'possibly' be not picked up off the showroom floor for a bit of time....maybe.Then they can 'show it off'...for a bit anyway.They don't really get anything out of the deal...except...eye candy.Won't be able to tell potential customers.."hey,this is what it is...want to get one?"....that aint gonna be possible after the deadline.

I think once this bike's REAL numbers come out....(after the deadline)...there could very well be a BIG response from prospective buyers all over....and it may be possible that Kawasaki will 'readjust' their buying policy with it.They've already got all this figured out anyway....The cat's still not out of the bag yet.It will be come that deadline...then things are gonna get interesting.It HAS to live up to the 'hype'...if it surpasses that...then it's good news for future sales and possible NEW orderings.

I can see the H2, especially the H2R's working out well for the larger dealers that can afford to have them on their floor, as they will certainly drive traffic. + As you said, once they are out in the real world, hauling ass and creating the things of 'folklore', their allure will be even more powerful. Big green isn't exactly tripping over their feet, even if many don't understand the purpose of this machine.

Brock

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:44 pm

As a dealer Id buy it just to generate traffic and get folks into the store. It might help sell 14's and 10's

( like you can pay $10,000 less and have similar performance and proven reliability )

I expect , as a dealer, i wouldnt have to pay $25,000 for it

I could ride it a little & if it wasnt up to snuff I expect i could sell it for very little loss. Many people like the " latest & greatest new & improved"; whether it is or not. Novelty sells.

If it does exceed the hype I'd either really enjoy it myself or sell it for a little profit.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Well put Brock...that's pretty much what I was getting at.The allure...it's gonna be VERY strong once this bike is really out there running.But ONLY if it hits or exceeds what's been assumed already...which I KNOW(well,almost know)Kawasaki is watching and reading forums all over just like this one.It can't be allowed to fall on it's proverbial face.They have plans already....this is just the beginning.

Logmaster said.."I expect , as a dealer, i wouldnt have to pay $25,000 for it"...no....it's not working that way.You buy it...then you do as you wish with it.That's why you're NOT seeing this bike in dealers.You HAVE to commit to the full price...otherwise...it won't be built.Just good economy by Kawasaki.I think also...this whole thing of 'buying sight unseen"...is VERY 'mystic'.They know what it'll do...but WE don't...not really.They MUST have great confidence in this machine...to market it as they have...and sell it as they have...all planned...all very controlled.I think it's gonna be a fantastic machine myself...not just cause I ordered one either.

"I could ride it a little & if it wasnt up to snuff I expect i could sell it for very little loss"...yes...you could...AFTER YOU(the dealer)paid full price for it originally;).

It's POSSIBLE that Ricky got one.."loaned' to him...for testing purposes(and probably ownership as well courtesy Kawasaki)...but this won't be the case for others...I don't think so.

This phrase.."Built Beyond Belief"...it isn't just some words thrown out there to catch fish.They know what they're doing.

I've owned Kawasaki bikes now since 2002.(starting with the zzr1200).Only sportbikes.All the way to the 2013 zx14R(which I currently love and ride).EVERY one of em has been totally worth it.And every step up to a newer model has been a great experience for me.Totally reliable and been exactly what they were marketed to be.Now this new bike.I have EVERY confidence this thing is gonna be exactly what they've said it will be....that's the reason I ordered it...sight unseen...as with all my other ones.Never been let down by Kawasaki...ever.I trust em.Maybe that's why I feel passionate about this new one....their track record with me personally.I just can't even imagine this bike 'falling on it's face'...no way.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:53 pm

so a dealer gets zero profit to sell one?

that's a new one on me.

granted, Id still get one, if i were a dealer

I think it would be good for ( my) business

although 200 hp to the ground ( their claim ) isnt built beyond belief.......especially with a SC

Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next