View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:41 am





Reply to topic  [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Kawasaki Ninja H2 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:05 pm
Posts: 143
Location: Liverpool, U.K.
Both models are now on sale in the UK.
H2R £42,000 (that's $67,000 :shock: )
http://www.colchesterkawasaki.co.uk/road-bikes/kawasaki/supersport/bike/bike/kawasaki-ninja-h2r-2015/
H2 £22,000 ($35,000 !) though you do get an Akra pipe as standard on UK bikes.
http://www.colchesterkawasaki.co.uk/road-bikes/kawasaki/supersport/bike/bike/kawasaki-ninja-h2-2015/
I was never going to fit on one so the price is irrelevant to me! :D


Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:05 pm
Posts: 143
Location: Liverpool, U.K.
Image
Looks pretty cool in carbon!
Radical like the rest of the bike.
Looking at that picture, the bike appears to have a mid-section separate from the headers.
Surely replacing that with a straight link pipe (along with a slip-on) will lose most of the unwanted weight and restriction. :dunno:

Bigger picture here:
http://images2.revzilla.com/product_images/0108/3490/akrapovic_kawasaki_h2_slip_on_line_carbon_zoom.jpg


Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
Logmaster says..."Really too bad it didnt deliver on the hype"....So you've ridden one then?The guys here were looking for some first hand experience with this bike...wanna share your riding impressions?


Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 260
Location: montana
You really think it's going to outperform the advertised HP?

the advertised HP isnt anything special

neither are the electronics

yeah, its supercharged.

cool. I think 3 mfg's built factory turbo bikes in the 80's , no?

built beyond belief? hardly

hell, some of the guys on this board build things waaaaaaaay beyond the Nh2

and with a whooooooole smaller pocketbook than kawi

excuse me for not being as easily impressed as some


Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
Hmmm...well...that kinda was a slick way of answering.I ask again....please let us know your riding impressions about your new H2.Do tell just how much more guys here are outperforming your new machine.... :thanks:

"You really think it's going to outperform the advertised HP?"...well...yes...I do.As has already been tested and verified....the Kawasaki info claims what?...197?Something in there.They've already got the street version up to 210...stock.That's without any kind of modding...stock everything.IDK....still would love to see your dyno runs with your cool new bike.I want to know if my getting one has been a total disappointment...you know...a real letdown.So I can be prepared to kick myself for doing it.And feel badly when I go to pick her up.

"I think 3 mfg's built factory turbo bikes in the 80's , no?"...your new bike isn't turbocharged...it's a supercharger on there...didn't they tell ya that?


Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 260
Location: montana
I never claimed it wont outperform some other bikes in some areas.

unlikely it will on a road track, certainly some potential for the drag racing and LSR guys

Just that the specs dont meet the hype.

I dont have to ride one to know that it doesnt out-perform other bikes enough to warrant all the hype and a $20g + price tag.


Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
"I dont have to ride one to know "...okay...don't ride one then...and I was gonna offer ya a ride when I get mine...oh well....guess I'll have to just 'lumber along' with the new underperforming copycat from Kawasaki.Who knew?Sure was getting my
'fun zone' feelings cranked up...so much for that,eh?


Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
"Just that the specs dont meet the hype"...does every guy ride for 'specs'?And what hype are we talkin here?I don't hear any hype....they said what it'll do minimum.They left the 'possible' out...purposely.When you got your 14...I guess you have a 14...did you feel "better' when you rode it...or letdown.Was it all you wanted...and more?Mine was...and is.I totally see the H2 "Kawasaki Flagship" as just that...another leap forward into customer riding joy...corny as that sounds.There's more to a bike than 'just HP numbers'...or LSR....IMO that is....I mean..if it totally fries everything out there(in it's category)...that's icing on the cake.yes?


"it doesnt out-perform other bikes enough to warrant all the hype and a $20g + price tag."....so you're taking yours back then?Sorry....but good review as it was...thanks.

"Aftermarket potential giving dedicated fettlers wet dreams in anticipation of getting their hands on a Ninja H2.....

While the street version is some 110hp down on the track only H2R, the engines are essentially the same, bar the camshafts, head gaskets and clutch, so for those game to wave goodbye to their warranty I am sure the boost can easily be wicked up towards that 300 horsepower figure via some aftermarket tuning… Particularly as Kawasaki state that ‘the whole engine was designed to be able to handle stresses 1.5x to 2x greater than on a naturally aspirated litre sports bike engine’.

This is the beauty of factory forced induction for aftermarket tuners, the engines are built to take boost with low-tension piston rings and lower compression ratios. Factories set boost levels at overly safe pressures and it is often as simple as a software tweak to then allow the computer to say yes, where the factory said no…

At this stage it is unclear as to whether the street oriented H2 has the injector capacity to maintain the higher boost levels of the track only H2R. Larger injectors and possibly also a larger fuel pump may be needed to safely maintain higher boost pressures for those that want to go the whole hog, while intercooler installation on a motorcycle will always prove difficult.

However, I am sure there are already people reading this coming up with their own cunning plans on how to get around any limitations… The Kawasaki Ninja H2 with its factory forced induction is the kind of thing those that love to customise and fettle their motorcycles have been dreaming of for years. No just slapping on an automotive turbo and having to reinvent the wheel, here Kawasaki have produced somewhat of a blank canvas for the serious nutters to really sink their teeth into. I can’t wait to see what they come up with…"...quote from motorcycle website....


Sa'll cool...all opinions...all have some validity....I feel I'm on the defensive here with my comments...I don't like feeling this way...so I won't post anymore about the H2.I can't say what or what it won't be....I just think I'm gonna really like it.


Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 260
Location: montana
Grn14 wrote:
"1).When you got your 14...I guess you have a 14...did you feel "better' when you rode it...or letdown

2) .Was it all you wanted...and more?.


3)I just think I'm gonna really like it.


1) It was about what i expected. Not let down, not surprised, though it feels heavier than my zx-12 did. Would have been happier with the 14 engine in the 12 .

2) Id hoped it would give me a bigger smile when i ride it like my zx-10, but I like it for what i use it for

3) I hope you do. I really do. Im sure it'll be a great bike. After all, its a KAWASAKI !!!

:thumbs:


Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:39 pm
Posts: 263
Location: Marina del Rey, California
BKnight wrote:
car-abuser wrote:
Hopefully they will have one at the Motorcycle show in Long Beach this weekend ...


Stop by booth 249 and introduce yourself! Be cool to meet some forum members!

-Ben

It was very nice meeting up with Ben today. The show was very busy. I was there representing the new EBR motorcycles.
Very Best,
Phil

_________________
2012 ZX14R SE Stupid Fast Super Pickle
'79 CBX Silver Rider
'79 CBX Green Meanie Turbo
'79 CBX Turbo Black
'80 CBX The Hulk
'80 Moto Martin CBX
'85 ZX750 E2 Turbo
'71 CT70
'65 CB160


Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm
Posts: 173
FalldownPhil wrote:
BKnight wrote:
car-abuser wrote:
Hopefully they will have one at the Motorcycle show in Long Beach this weekend ...


Stop by booth 249 and introduce yourself! Be cool to meet some forum members!

-Ben

It was very nice meeting up with Ben today. The show was very busy. I was there representing the new EBR motorcycles.
Very Best,
Phil



Great meeting you too Phil! Thanks for stopping by!

_________________
www.benknightracing.com


Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:58 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3423
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Ok it has the Adams arm , air shifter , shinko hook up ,, Don Guhl reflashed ECU , H2R race exhaust installed on the street H2 and has clearly been down the track , videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 ...This sucks ...Oh yes I forgot , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


Attachments:
rickey H2.jpg
rickey H2.jpg [ 53.08 KiB | Viewed 2071 times ]

_________________
Image
2012 ZX14R in Billy Bad Ass blue .. Best ET 8.43 best MPH 164.95
Smokin Performance Cycles , Brock's Performance Dealer , call me for Smokin deals on Brock's go fast parts..
Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 577
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Ok it has the Adams arm , air shifter , shinko hook up ,, Don Guhl reflashed ECU , H2R race exhaust installed on the street H2 and has clearly been down the track , videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 ...This sucks ...Oh yes I forgot , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


Is this Rickey Gadson's bike?
Image

_________________
check me out @ Ninja ZX-14 MOTOVLOG


Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 am
Posts: 165
Location: NY
I want to see stock wheelbase runs already....along with stretched


Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 101
bmacknyc1k wrote:
I want to see stock wheelbase runs already....along with stretched


It is 'wheelie Wednesday' :vroom:

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com


Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:28 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 2972
Location: Dallas Texas
I'll be right over. Thanks

wee


Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:10 am
Posts: 254
Location: Ann Arbor
Yeah, does suck that the cats NOT outta the bag already on the dyno and runs that RG has made.
I'm DYING to hear about some real world performance numbers. and I'd love to hear what the H2 and H2r did on the same day, same rider (who can make em run at SWB.)

I guess if I feel threatened, Ill just get me a swingarm, lowering links, strap, and the atmosphere additive. lmao.


Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:40 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3423
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
KoflaOlivieri wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Ok it has the Adams arm , air shifter , shinko hook up ,, Don Guhl reflashed ECU , H2R race exhaust installed on the street H2 and has clearly been down the track , videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 ...This sucks ...Oh yes I forgot , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


Is this Rickey Gadson's bike?
Image
Yes ..... :vroom:

_________________
Image
2012 ZX14R in Billy Bad Ass blue .. Best ET 8.43 best MPH 164.95
Smokin Performance Cycles , Brock's Performance Dealer , call me for Smokin deals on Brock's go fast parts..


Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 am
Posts: 165
Location: NY
I like the paint on RGs bike and the frame paint as well so far...the swing arm is nicely done, I wish we could see the whole thing already :clap:


Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 577
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
SmokinZX14 wrote:
KoflaOlivieri wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Ok it has the Adams arm , air shifter , shinko hook up ,, Don Guhl reflashed ECU , H2R race exhaust installed on the street H2 and has clearly been down the track , videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 ...This sucks ...Oh yes I forgot , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


Is this Rickey Gadson's bike?
Image
Yes ..... :vroom:


I just read this bike will also be at the bike show in NYC. Can't wait to see it!
Image

_________________
check me out @ Ninja ZX-14 MOTOVLOG


Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:46 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:04 pm
Posts: 215
Location: Central Florida
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Ok it has the Adams arm , air shifter , shinko hook up ,, Don Guhl reflashed ECU , H2R race exhaust installed on the street H2 and has clearly been down the track , videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 ...This sucks ...Oh yes I forgot , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..



Guhl has already cracked the H2 ECU?! :shock: :clap:

_________________
ZX1441R ... It doesn't matter what color it is, they are all fast enough to make you say "shit" in three syllables.


Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 am
Posts: 400
SmokinZX14 wrote:
videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


I wonder how many guys out there are waiting for this real world info before placing the order ? Counting Sundays leaves less than 7 days to think it over.


Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:15 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 101
Romans wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


I wonder how many guys out there are waiting for this real world info before placing the order ? Counting Sundays leaves less than 7 days to think it over.


When was the last time a factory-restricted bike had to stay that way? Some bikes take a little longer than others to figure out... but the aftermarket world eventually extracts all available power.

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com


Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:14 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:50 pm
Posts: 100
Romans wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


I wonder how many guys out there are waiting for this real world info before placing the order ? Counting Sundays leaves less than 7 days to think it over.


Very valid point, it would be nice to see what numbers a "cracked " ECU would put out on an H2,
before taking the leap, I'm sure it will be upwards of 250, but would be nice to have it confirmed
before plopping down 25K plus tax and license etc ....


Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 101
car-abuser wrote:
Romans wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


I wonder how many guys out there are waiting for this real world info before placing the order ? Counting Sundays leaves less than 7 days to think it over.


Very valid point, it would be nice to see what numbers a "cracked " ECU would put out on an H2,
before taking the leap, I'm sure it will be upwards of 250, but would be nice to have it confirmed
before plopping down 25K plus tax and license etc ....


I'm sure you aren't alone... I guess the real question is if big green has wondered about this? Or, if it really matters to them. They have said from the beginning that the H2's are going to be limited production. I would say that slapping a $25K price tag on a bike, not releasing an official HP in the US, and holding a gun to your head to place your order by Dec. 19, 2014 (in any color you choose... as long as it's mirrored black) is a great way to hold numbers in check ;)

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com


Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 am
Posts: 400
Brock wrote:
Romans wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


I wonder how many guys out there are waiting for this real world info before placing the order ? Counting Sundays leaves less than 7 days to think it over.


When was the last time a factory-restricted bike had to stay that way? Some bikes take a little longer than others to figure out... but the aftermarket world eventually extracts all available power.

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com


I have no doubt this bike is going to be Absolutely Awesome once modded. Just thinking, this time we the consumer will be looking for more than 12 hp gains. Lots more if the reach in pocket for 25,000 plus plus plus is going to take place. Myself, like most I assume have the hope the 300hp # could possibly return. The big question is it with Major difficulty along with huge out of pocket expense ?

Can't wait to see how close Aftermarket gets,,,,,,or maybe even surpases some day. I'm pretty sure it safe to say this bike is a totally different Animal so the aftermarket will need allot more time for R& D

Plan is to own one but will be sitting on the sidelines for awhile to see how this one plays out. Have to, big sticker on that bike. :thumbs:


Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 am
Posts: 400
Quote:
Very valid point, it would be nice to see what numbers a "cracked " ECU would put out on an H2,
before taking the leap, I'm sure it will be upwards of 250, but would be nice to have it confirmed
before plopping down 25K plus tax and license etc ....


Quote:
I 'm sure you aren't alone... I guess the real question is if big green has wondered about this? Or, if it really matters to them. They have said from the beginning that the H2's are going to be limited production. I would say that slapping a $25K price tag on a bike, not releasing an official HP in the US, and holding a gun to your head to place your order by Dec. 19, 2014 (in any color you choose... as long as it's mirrored black) is a great way to hold numbers in check ;)


Numbers in check, if that's the Goal it most def worked on me lol

Side note, Brock spoke with E J yesterday. He has me sorted on proper spring for EZ Drag shock. :thanks: .


Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 101
Romans wrote:
Quote:
Very valid point, it would be nice to see what numbers a "cracked " ECU would put out on an H2,
before taking the leap, I'm sure it will be upwards of 250, but would be nice to have it confirmed
before plopping down 25K plus tax and license etc ....


Quote:
I 'm sure you aren't alone... I guess the real question is if big green has wondered about this? Or, if it really matters to them. They have said from the beginning that the H2's are going to be limited production. I would say that slapping a $25K price tag on a bike, not releasing an official HP in the US, and holding a gun to your head to place your order by Dec. 19, 2014 (in any color you choose... as long as it's mirrored black) is a great way to hold numbers in check ;)


Numbers in check, if that's the Goal it most def worked on me lol

Side note, Brock spoke with E J yesterday. He has me sorted on proper spring for EZ Drag shock. :thanks: .


Romans,

Glad to hear! We try to do our best to get folks pointed in the right direction around here :thumbs:

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com


Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 260
Location: montana
Romans wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
videos are done but we can't see them till Dec 12-14 , get your order before the 19th or you don't get one ..


I wonder how many guys out there are waiting for this real world info before placing the order ? Counting Sundays leaves less than 7 days to think it over.



the phrase

"pig in a poke"

comes to mind


Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
"pig in a poke".... :lol: that might apply if nothing was actually KNOWN about the performance of the H2/H2R.But that's just not the case here.I THINK....the ones stepping up to take a 'chance' on performance with the H2...rather than buying the race version...I think Kawasaki has been pretty definite with their explanations of the engine designs on both bikes....and made it clear...the H2 IS fully capable of reaching the H2R's performance.Read their info about the engine build and design.There's no escaping the FACT...the same motor is in the H2 as in the H2R...except a few 'different' parts(cams,clutch...and Head Gasket).That's it...and maybe some ECU tweaking.Will it cost for that?Of course.Will the cost FOR that be twice the price of 25K?No way.Not even close.They know what they're doing.This is a LIMITED Flagship machine....the willing will have em....the naysayers will wish they had em;)Just wait till this bird gets out there...gonna blow alot of minds I think.Mine included;)


Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:57 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:47 am
Posts: 155
I wonder how much difference there are in the head gasket and cams between the H2 and the H2R?

Seems like the H2 would get more compression and racier cams than the R model which is making all of its power with boost. 9 psi versus 29. The 20PSI higher boost engine would use less compression and less racier cams in conventional thinking.

For a street bike, more compression and racier cams makes more sense on the H2 with much lower boost than the higher boost R model.

So in other words, H2s cams and head gasket differences from the R not an issue......possibly.

The actual difference may just come down to the exhaust and boost. Replace the exhaust, turn up the boost and Guhl flash the ECU and WOW, H2 becomes H2R.

But then again, maybe not that simple and that's what worries me.

Im still on the fence about purchasing. Waiting to the last minute to decide.


Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:33 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
"The actual difference may just come down to the exhaust and boost. Replace the exhaust, turn up the boost and Guhl flash the ECU and WOW, H2 becomes H2R."....one can wish...you may very well be right;)


Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 260
Location: montana
Grn14 wrote:
"pig in a poke".... :lol: that might apply if nothing was actually KNOWN about the performance of the H2


what actual performance figures have been made public?

none that Im aware of.

cant sit on one.

cant ride one.

no actual performance numbers

fits "pig in a poke" quite well


that's not to say it may not be a world beater.

that's not to say it will either.


Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:47 am
Posts: 23
Location: PAC NOR
She sits real nice!
:vroom:


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 476.92 KiB | Viewed 1827 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 436.2 KiB | Viewed 1827 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1.49 MiB | Viewed 1827 times ]

_________________
14 Nation
Disciple of The Way of The 14R
Vincit Qui Patitur
Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:29 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3423
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Cblast wrote:
She sits real nice!
:vroom:
Cool :thumbs:

_________________
Image
2012 ZX14R in Billy Bad Ass blue .. Best ET 8.43 best MPH 164.95
Smokin Performance Cycles , Brock's Performance Dealer , call me for Smokin deals on Brock's go fast parts..


Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:49 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 am
Posts: 165
Location: NY
Nice pics the H2R sits so pretty... :thumbs:


Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 89
Location: South Jerzee
Cblast wrote:
She sits real nice!
:vroom:



Your paddock girl in the third pic looks miffed? Is she mad she couldn't sit on the bike, because the sign clearly states, "Please do not touch or sit on the Vehicle" HAHAH
nice, Sebby. :wreck:

_________________
2012 ZX14R CSB

-Glenn


Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:47 am
Posts: 23
Location: PAC NOR
Thanks Fat! Lol, she was mad cause I wouldn't sign her boob! Hahahaha!
:wootrock:

_________________
14 Nation
Disciple of The Way of The 14R
Vincit Qui Patitur


Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:25 pm
Posts: 1
Now that we have a sheriff in town aka H2,what happens to the mighty 14r.I guess it's time for a 15r


Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 122
daninj wrote:
Now that we have a sheriff in town aka H2,what happens to the mighty 14r.I guess it's time for a 15r

Nope, just supercharge the 14R, wishin & hopein.

_________________
2012 ZX14R 205MPH So Far.


Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:10 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:53 pm
Posts: 131
Supercharging the 14r seems logical. Shorten the stroke a bit so it can rev higher since you will have the SC for torque and won't need the longer stroke. The higher the revs the more potential for peak HP. 12.5krpm fuel cut should do. Oh, and variable valve timing. All priced under 16k. :bigthumb:


Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 5:35 am
Posts: 400
Wow did this thread ever go cold fast. When the 14R came out the info flowed in smooth and Non-Stop. Now we have arguably Kawi's best bike ever built on the scene and ?????

Small Talk:

H2R Marketing brought us all the Hype in the beginning, now that the release date has come and gone we get Zip from them WTF. Where is all the Rickey Video's like in the past,,,, Very odd the waiting. Anyone hear anything ? At this point rumors count lol No one talking seems very very odd. Someone from Kawi dropping the ball BIG TIME on the Marketing side of this H2 imo. This New bikes release carried some Major Major momentum. Now Just to let that momentum Fizzle out ??? In most companies that would be a firing offense. Momentum equals sales, agree? I went to the You tube video links on the H2 and looked at the latest release vids on the H2R. Some videos have been out for a while with very few hits. Most of the hits were most probably me looking again. Appears for now anyway, many have lost interest. I guess we wait.


Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:26 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 122
I think Kawi dropped the ball on several fronts. In no particular order I think coming out with a bike that you can't see, sit on, or take a ride is a mistake. Maybe the biggest mistake is the pricing. It reminds me of Honda when they brought out a bike the DN01 which wasn't anything special but way overpriced and they sat on the dealer showrooms where they probably had to reduce from if I remember from around $15,000 to who knows what maybe under $7,000. just to get off their floor. By Kawi pricing the H2 at $25,000. they obviously aren't interested in selling many of them. At $20,000. MSRP and a selling price of around $18,000. they might have sold a number of them but not many people are willing to spend 25 grand on a bike that no one has seen the dyno numbers of and doesn't really have state of the art electronics like Yamaha or BMW. Kawi should have let Ricky take one down the quarter bone stock and show some really quick numbers or have Shane or one of the other standing mile guys run one and produce 210mph bone stock! Then we would have something to compare to. Maybe the H2 makes way more power than they letting on but show us the results of the two events mentioned and we can make assumptions. With the new R1 saying they have 200hp what is so special about 197hp and that as always would be at the crank. Yes the bike was slightly built beyond belief but it is also priced beyond belief for a Japanese bike. Don't get me wrong I love Kawasaki bikes, I currently own 4 but my 14yr old ZX12 turbo makes more hp that the new H2 surely not as sophisticated but many many thousands of dollars cheaper and I'll bet faster.
So for me they dropped the ball beyond belief and I could afford to buy one if I thought it made sense (IT DOESN'T) sorry for the tirade but as you can see I'm very disappointed!

_________________
2012 ZX14R 205MPH So Far.


Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:16 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 101
BobK wrote:
I think Kawi dropped the ball on several fronts. In no particular order I think coming out with a bike that you can't see, sit on, or take a ride is a mistake. Maybe the biggest mistake is the pricing. It reminds me of Honda when they brought out a bike the DN01 which wasn't anything special but way overpriced and they sat on the dealer showrooms where they probably had to reduce from if I remember from around $15,000 to who knows what maybe under $7,000. just to get off their floor. By Kawi pricing the H2 at $25,000. they obviously aren't interested in selling many of them. At $20,000. MSRP and a selling price of around $18,000. they might have sold a number of them but not many people are willing to spend 25 grand on a bike that no one has seen the dyno numbers of and doesn't really have state of the art electronics like Yamaha or BMW. Kawi should have let Ricky take one down the quarter bone stock and show some really quick numbers or have Shane or one of the other standing mile guys run one and produce 210mph bone stock! Then we would have something to compare to. Maybe the H2 makes way more power than they letting on but show us the results of the two events mentioned and we can make assumptions. With the new R1 saying they have 200hp what is so special about 197hp and that as always would be at the crank. Yes the bike was slightly built beyond belief but it is also priced beyond belief for a Japanese bike. Don't get me wrong I love Kawasaki bikes, I currently own 4 but my 14yr old ZX12 turbo makes more hp that the new H2 surely not as sophisticated but many many thousands of dollars cheaper and I'll bet faster.
So for me they dropped the ball beyond belief and I could afford to buy one if I thought it made sense (IT DOESN'T) sorry for the tirade but as you can see I'm very disappointed!


Bob,

This bike isn't for you, or anyone else who is price-conscious. It's a trophy... It says "mine is bigger than yours". You and I will most likely never see an H2R, they will be in the garage with 'the collection'. And most who can afford an H2 will not risk life/limb/licence to prove that their bike is faster - of course it is, it's supercharged + it costs more ;)

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com


Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 122
Brock wrote:
BobK wrote:
I think Kawi dropped the ball on several fronts. In no particular order I think coming out with a bike that you can't see, sit on, or take a ride is a mistake. Maybe the biggest mistake is the pricing. It reminds me of Honda when they brought out a bike the DN01 which wasn't anything special but way overpriced and they sat on the dealer showrooms where they probably had to reduce from if I remember from around $15,000 to who knows what maybe under $7,000. just to get off their floor. By Kawi pricing the H2 at $25,000. they obviously aren't interested in selling many of them. At $20,000. MSRP and a selling price of around $18,000. they might have sold a number of them but not many people are willing to spend 25 grand on a bike that no one has seen the dyno numbers of and doesn't really have state of the art electronics like Yamaha or BMW. Kawi should have let Ricky take one down the quarter bone stock and show some really quick numbers or have Shane or one of the other standing mile guys run one and produce 210mph bone stock! Then we would have something to compare to. Maybe the H2 makes way more power than they letting on but show us the results of the two events mentioned and we can make assumptions. With the new R1 saying they have 200hp what is so special about 197hp and that as always would be at the crank. Yes the bike was slightly built beyond belief but it is also priced beyond belief for a Japanese bike. Don't get me wrong I love Kawasaki bikes, I currently own 4 but my 14yr old ZX12 turbo makes more hp that the new H2 surely not as sophisticated but many many thousands of dollars cheaper and I'll bet faster.
So for me they dropped the ball beyond belief and I could afford to buy one if I thought it made sense (IT DOESN'T) sorry for the tirade but as you can see I'm very disappointed!


Bob,

This bike isn't for you, or anyone else who is price-conscious. It's a trophy... It says "mine is bigger than yours". You and I will most likely never see an H2R, they will be in the garage with 'the collection'. And most who can afford an H2 will not risk life/limb/licence to prove that their bike is faster - of course it is, it's supercharged + it costs more ;)

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com

Brock,
It is not that I'm price conscious as much as as I try to be an informed buyer and I haven't been informed enough. I understand what you mean but then why build such a bike if you don't want riders out there showing off your prowess at making the fastest and the best? I have a friend who just bought one of the 500 Ducati Superleggera's at $65,000. and he intends to ride it like it is meant to be ridden. My biggest problem with Kawi is that they hyped up a bike the H2 that may not actually be the fastest bike out there as the Ducati with it's light weight might be faster and the R1M might be as well. Now if the H2 were known for a fact to be making 200++ to the wheel stock and people like you could easily get another 25hp out of it that would make me want to open up my wallet. Without that info I'll pass.

_________________
2012 ZX14R 205MPH So Far.


Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 101
BobK wrote:
Brock wrote:
BobK wrote:
I think Kawi dropped the ball on several fronts. In no particular order I think coming out with a bike that you can't see, sit on, or take a ride is a mistake. Maybe the biggest mistake is the pricing. It reminds me of Honda when they brought out a bike the DN01 which wasn't anything special but way overpriced and they sat on the dealer showrooms where they probably had to reduce from if I remember from around $15,000 to who knows what maybe under $7,000. just to get off their floor. By Kawi pricing the H2 at $25,000. they obviously aren't interested in selling many of them. At $20,000. MSRP and a selling price of around $18,000. they might have sold a number of them but not many people are willing to spend 25 grand on a bike that no one has seen the dyno numbers of and doesn't really have state of the art electronics like Yamaha or BMW. Kawi should have let Ricky take one down the quarter bone stock and show some really quick numbers or have Shane or one of the other standing mile guys run one and produce 210mph bone stock! Then we would have something to compare to. Maybe the H2 makes way more power than they letting on but show us the results of the two events mentioned and we can make assumptions. With the new R1 saying they have 200hp what is so special about 197hp and that as always would be at the crank. Yes the bike was slightly built beyond belief but it is also priced beyond belief for a Japanese bike. Don't get me wrong I love Kawasaki bikes, I currently own 4 but my 14yr old ZX12 turbo makes more hp that the new H2 surely not as sophisticated but many many thousands of dollars cheaper and I'll bet faster.
So for me they dropped the ball beyond belief and I could afford to buy one if I thought it made sense (IT DOESN'T) sorry for the tirade but as you can see I'm very disappointed!


Bob,

This bike isn't for you, or anyone else who is price-conscious. It's a trophy... It says "mine is bigger than yours". You and I will most likely never see an H2R, they will be in the garage with 'the collection'. And most who can afford an H2 will not risk life/limb/licence to prove that their bike is faster - of course it is, it's supercharged + it costs more ;)

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com

Brock,
It is not that I'm price conscious as much as as I try to be an informed buyer and I haven't been informed enough. I understand what you mean but then why build such a bike if you don't want riders out there showing off your prowess at making the fastest and the best? I have a friend who just bought one of the 500 Ducati Superleggera's at $65,000. and he intends to ride it like it is meant to be ridden. My biggest problem with Kawi is that they hyped up a bike the H2 that may not actually be the fastest bike out there as the Ducati with it's light weight might be faster and the R1M might be as well. Now if the H2 were known for a fact to be making 200++ to the wheel stock and people like you could easily get another 25hp out of it that would make me want to open up my wallet. Without that info I'll pass.


Bob,

My apologies. I could have worded that better. I'm sure you would not have a problem shelling out $25K ,+ a reasonable cost for mods, if you believe that you could come close to H2R performance out of an H2. I feel you. I'm a big fan of the brand and applaud the tremendous effort and expense the H2 and H2R represent from both a business and engineering standpoint, but you won't find my deposit sitting in anyones hands either. Don't get me wrong, I am 100% sure that it's possible - in fact, given enough time, we can usually extract more power than the factory. Think about it: I'm sure that they must limit power delivery ,in the lower gears, with a 300 HP stock wheelbase bike - we don't have such restrictions in the aftermarket world, but isolating and eliminating them will not happen overnight. We also have another problem... we are not in the unicorn business. If sales of these bikes are not reasonable, we will simply have no need to create parts for them. I like having fun as much as the next guy, but we have bills to pay.

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com


Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:21 am
Posts: 165
Location: NY
This bike was meant for Kawi to promote their brand, and make a great showcase again, it was never meant to generate money for their company. They could care less if they sold one of these bikes. KHI is the breadwinner....

The 14R and 10R are already the best bang for the buck bikes out there in the respective classes they are in, on and off paper, and the 6R is no slouch either, they sell a ton of those....

The Busa stock is a less of a bike than a 14R...and slightly more expensive with less technology....

Look at the 10R, already 4 years on the latest generation and not dated compared to the other liter bikes, Yamaha finally came with something that caught up, maybe not surpassed the 10R yet.....out of the Japanese manufacturers

With the economy the way it is nowadays, if they mass produced the H2 it would be a loss, smart business on an on order basis with no limit to production :thumbs:


Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 260
Location: montana
"And most who can afford an H2 will not risk life/limb/licence to prove that their bike is faster - of course it is, it's supercharged + it costs more ;)"



Im taking it that this is sarcasm

Im of the suspicion that it isnt necessarily faster.

Why wouldnt they have at least ONE that they'd put a killed rider on and give an example of it's capability? Are people rushing to the dealers so fast to buy them that kawi doesnt need to? How many have been ordered so far? Im betting the Dec. 19 deadline will be a constantly moving target. I hope not. Id love to see a few of these on the road/in person.

direction change: Brock, what are your thoughts about the launch control. Are they legal at the strip? Do cars use it? Can you just hold it wide open & let the clutch full out and hang on? Seems to me if it controls spin & front tire lift it's taking a lot of the skill aspect out of drag racing ( much like the traction control in cornering ) . Your thoughts?


Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm
Posts: 101
logmaster wrote:
"And most who can afford an H2 will not risk life/limb/licence to prove that their bike is faster - of course it is, it's supercharged + it costs more ;)"



Im taking it that this is sarcasm

Im of the suspicion that it isnt necessarily faster.

Why wouldnt they have at least ONE that they'd put a killed rider on and give an example of it's capability? Are people rushing to the dealers so fast to buy them that kawi doesnt need to? How many have been ordered so far? Im betting the Dec. 19 deadline will be a constantly moving target. I hope not. Id love to see a few of these on the road/in person.

direction change: Brock, what are your thoughts about the launch control. Are they legal at the strip? Do cars use it? Can you just hold it wide open & let the clutch full out and hang on? Seems to me if it controls spin & front tire lift it's taking a lot of the skill aspect out of drag racing ( much like the traction control in cornering ) . Your thoughts?


Most definitely sarcasm logmaster.

'Launch control' on today's OEM sportbikes are nothing more than a pre-set anti-stall RPM, designed for a one-time 'clutch throw' during a road race style launch. This is to prevent overheating/destruction of the clutch at the beginning of the race due to excessively tall 1st gear and final drive ratios, in addition to the use of style slipper clutches (which generally do not slip well during a drag style launch). OEM launch control is not used by seasoned drag racers and would not be suggested for use for proper drag launches (as they yield VERY poor 60 ft times) - rather, the items above would be corrected or eliminated. There is certainly no risk that OEM launch control will replace rider skill, proper machine set-up or good old fashioned practice.

That said, some aftermarket launch controls (adjustable launch RPM's etc.) have been used successfully - but generally in combination with exotic clutches (slider, hand-slider etc.) and very long wheelbase applications.

I hope this helps,

Brock
http://www.BrocksPerformance.com

ps. I was shown how to use the launch control on the S1000RR during the US press launch in 2010, by the designer of the machine... so my words above come with validity. (It was hilarious to watch, and the explanation to me on how a bike was suppose to be launched from a dead stop was also priceless. All I had to do was understand that you "NEVER slip the clutch during the launch". LMAO) :thumbs:


Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:36 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 260
Location: montana
yes, thank you.

It was nice of that guy to straighten you out

;)


Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
[ Advertise on ZX1441R.com ]

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.