View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Kawasaki Ninja H2 

The only thing I have really to go by is MY dealer's answer to this question about getting one for his showroom.He said he was gonna...but when I said..."I want one...no really...I want one" he said..'Okay".

That afternoon...when I took him my deposit...I asked him again.."so you're getting one as well then?"...he said..."well,I'm not sure now"....so I read that as...he has to pay just like everyone else.....I think he maybe intended to check mine out first...to decide...since my deposit assured me of getting one.Unfortunately...mine won't get there till January,so he's gonna HAVE to make up his mind real soon.I doubt he wants to shell out that money for something he MAY not be able to sell....??????At least at MSRP pricing after he gets it,and presumably RIDES it.No worries for him though...I already promised him he could ride mine...AFTER I break it in that is;)

None of the 'after deadline' purchasing possibilities are set in stone IMO.If it really does well...I could see another production run ahead.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:01 pm

Well one more day my friends to step up to the plate! I can't believe only one person on this forum has ordered one.

Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:50 pm

Id be interested to see some demographics of the actual buyers.

who exactly did they build this for? Not track guys. Drag strip? It would seem so however it doesnt appear they have outclassed the 14r

LSR would be it's strongest point IMO

expect a few collectors. and posers. and "customizers"

just heard they extended the "deadline' in the UK

long lines no doubt. ;)

Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:57 pm

NOTE : Guys and Gals we may have a top Kawi guy doing a Q&A live in a few days to fill you all in on the new H2 .. He will be answering your Questions live !!!!!! As soon as I get the info ( times and date ) I will post them up ...

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:29 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
NOTE : Guys and Gals we may have a top Kawi guy doing a Q&A live in a few days to fill you all in on the new H2 .. He will be answering your Questions live !!!!!! As soon as I get the info ( times and date ) I will post them up ...

Cool.

wee

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:32 pm

talk is cheap ( no offense meant to him )

how about a dyno run? ;)

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm ready :)

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:32 pm

Just to be on the same page to all:

Comparing HP and Torque curves from the ZX-14R and H2 will inform of total energy released. As in area under the curve. Peak power only gives an indication of output but the "total energy released " is based on the total area under the curve shown each dyno run results.

I am expecting a fatter curve from the H2 seeing how supercharging increases power typically. I could possibly be wrong coming from only 1000 cc thus the need to see them.... :?:

ie. 200 hp from an H2 and 200 hp from an ZX-14R (200 hp is close anyways) requires a simple but intelligent comparative analysis.... a visual one on paper will tell plenty....2 cents...not saying this is a new revelation....a few readers here may not know this.

I look forward to checking out dyno curves results out to verify..... 8-)

Still staying as a spectator.... :lol:

Have fun!! it's only matter of time ...we don't live in the information age fer nothing..... :thumbs:

Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:30 am

OK guys the Kawi guy ( insider ) is not going to do the Q&A .. He did tell me a few things , Real HP number for the street H2 225 HP at the crank NOT the tire .. It runs off 91 octane , it does have a knock sensor and runs full timing until the knock sensor picks up Spark knock and removes timing to save the motor .. This way the bike can and will run full timing at all times until the sees spark knock .. 250 H2s have been pre ordered in the USA ..Over a 1000 world wide .. New orders will start again at some point ( start time unknown ) 1100 dealers have sent employees to school the learn how to service the bike .. All USA dealers have all the specs on this bike .. The H2 is a smart bike , it counts in hours how much time is spent over 8000 RPMs , Once it hits a target hour usage above 8k and service light will come on .. The bike was built for one reason only , and that reason was the big man at KHI had wanted to build this bike for many many years and now he is top dog he could have it built .. It's not about sales or any other reason ... Nothing from this H2 will ever be used on any Kawasaki models .. The H2 name means Brain Crushing , eye ball popping acceleration Just as the first H2 750 ..The Ninja name on the bike was because the men that made the bike work in the Ninja R&D Department of Kawasaki ..The Kawasaki water mark will only be used on this bike , they will never use it on any other motorcycle they make .. So for the lucky 250 people that have put money down you just got a piece of history that will not be repeated .. A one off bike that is sure to never lose it's value ...In fact I think you will see the price increase daily ...

Also for those that think the can get H2R parts to hot rod their H2 forget about it ... There are 8 items needed to make the switch.. You will not be able to buy them unless you own a H2R and prove it by Vin number ..The transmission in the bike is hand built and each one is shimmed by hand ..You Break a transmission you have to buy the hole transmission ...

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:43 pm

I should add , the bikes are built one at time , it takes a full day to build one bike ! .. Orders are going to late ... Not late because of the build time , Shipping problems are causing the bikes to be late ..

Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:54 pm

SmokinZX14 wrote:
I should add , the bikes are built one at time , it takes a full day to build one bike ! .. Orders are going to late ... Not late because of the build time , Shipping problems are causing the bikes to be late ..

Sure would be waste to have perfectly rideable rockets, rotting in shipping containers on the docks - or bobbing up and down on idling ships on the West coast :(

Thanks for the info. Lee!

Brock
www.BrocksPerformance.com

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Im assuming they mean it takes one day for one guy to assemble the main components, right?

Its not like one guy assembles the engine, tranny, forks, etc etc alone in one shift, right?

Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:28 pm

Lee, FYI. I confirmed today that the two H2 models have different chassis geometries, that is, different rake and trail. Also different wheelbases.

H2

Rake: 24.5 deg
Trail: 103mm
Wheelbase: 57.28"

H2R

Rake: 25.1 deg

Trail: 108mm

Wheelbase: 57.08"

Even though the suspension and frames are identical, the two bikes differ by having:

-different rear spockets

-different suspension settings

-different rear tire sizes

-different seat heights

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:08 pm

Brock wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:

Sure would be waste to have perfectly rideable rockets, rotting in shipping containers on the docks - or bobbing up and down on idling ships on the West coast :(

Yea, the freaking unions were on strike on the west coast, they don't know how good they have it, for mostly unskilled workers ...

they have been holding up all kinds of things here ....

Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:28 pm

People all over the USA and the UK already got there H2s ...

Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:39 pm

The one ordered in Billings MT arrived a couple days ago.

got a look at it this morning

they said KAWI flew a bunch over rather than wait for the overpaid dockworkers to get their $hit together

pretty good of kAWI to do that.

:thumbs:

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Probably because all those over paid dock workers union is controlled by the Hells Angels with workers being members of the club and we know what they think of Japanese bikes or at least that is what I was told a long time ago.

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Rec'd mine on Saturday.I have a review post over on zx14ninjaform.com. if anyone cares to read it.Took some videos as well.Be posting one up over there later.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:45 am

BobK wrote:
Probably because all those over paid dock workers union is controlled by the Hells Angels with workers being members of the club and we know what they think of Japanese bikes or at least that is what I was told a long time ago.

All True ....... $35 PLUS full benefits, retirement etc .. Starting for unskilled labor (mostly) isn't enough for them I guess,
and many are making ALOT more than that, I have met two or three of them, and yes they rode harleys ... NOT HA,
but I life down here, and there are a lot of outlaws working on the docks ...

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 am

https://youtu.be/jQOpswi9Aqc is all I got to say

Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 670 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14