View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Heya from Sydney.. new zx14r Ohlins owner! 

Hi All!
Picked up my new 2015 ZX14R Ohlins Edition last week!
I've owned Honda, Yamaha, and Suzuki sports bikes, but this is my first Kawasaki, and my first bike over 1000cc.
I did some research, and decided on the Akrapovic's slip-ons. Extra performance wasn't an issue, but I loved he look and the exhaust note.
I tested a number of bikes before deciding on the Ninja. My last bike was an FZ1N, so I was worried the forward lean would be hard to adjust to as the seating position on the FZ1 is upright. I came so close to grabbing the BMW S1000R, but eventually decided that the Ninja just had be experienced.
OH WOW. Seating position? I had forgotten I was leaning within an hour. This girl is comfy! coming up to 1000kms, but I can feel the potential lurking below this cowling. Totally effortless power! I am loving this bike more than I thought I would! I ride to work (when it's not raining), and lane filtering was not problem at all. I did a 200km run on Saturday up the local bike roads, and she was just gorgeous. So well mannered in every aspect. How do they make a bike this big feel so light?
DID SOMEONE SAY SMOOTH? I have never in my riding life experienced so smooth an engine! Bravo Kawasaki! My Akra pipes have introduced a subtle about of vibration since installation, but overall, all I can say is WOW. Buttery Smooth transmission and Engine!

1st service around the corner, so I'll dump the factory oil, and put some semi-synth motel 5100 for the next thousand or so, then go with a full synthetic..

Attachment:
20150830_180815_Richtone(HDR).jpg
20150830_180815_Richtone(HDR).jpg [ 2.9 MiB | Viewed 408 times ]

Attachment:
IMG-20150828-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20150828-WA0015.jpg [ 129.44 KiB | Viewed 407 times ]

Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:32 am

Welcome

wee

Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]