View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 New to forum and have some questions... 

Hello all! I have a '13 ZX14R and I'm wanting to start doing some modifications to it.

I'd like to install some slip on exhausts onto it. Do the first gen slip ons fit the 2nd gen?

Is there a thread or sticky on this forum that has a general upgrade path to follow? I understand that the stock ecu can be tuned and datalogged, but I'm not sure what is being used to do this. Also I know people run power commanders as well. Is the PCV being ran in conjuction with the ecu tuning? Where can I find this info?

Thanks

Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:45 am

Welcome to the forum ninja boy...

First off would be what is your intended use of the bike? Street, strip both canyons ??
Once that is known we can help you get the info required to make your bike fit your style..
The only upgrades I've done to date is set the suspension, ecu flash , full exhaust, and steering damper .. Everything else is cosmetic.
I do believe the slip ons will fit from the 1st gen.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:25 am

I really just use my bike for street riding. I'm not really looking to make much more power for the time being. I'm just curious about the tuning aspects since I've done some tuning on my cars and I'm curious about the software and the interface. I may want to get it tuned at some point, but being that I weigh 135 lbs the bike is plenty fast in stock form for me :D .

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 am

ninjaboy76 wrote:
I really just use my bike for street riding. I'm not really looking to make much more power for the time being. I'm just curious about the tuning aspects since I've done some tuning on my cars and I'm curious about the software and the interface. I may want to get it tuned at some point, but being that I weigh 135 lbs the bike is plenty fast in stock form for me :D .

Whats up man, welcome to the forum. If you're pretty savvy with computers and tuning, you can buy the woolich software to tune your ecu yourself. For datalogging, a lot of guys use the Wego 3, but if you're just street riding, the add on autotune for the pcv would probably work really well for you.

A lot of guys use Don Guhl to flash their ecu. I've heard pretty good things about his work. I actually just went form having my ecu flashed by schnitz and switched to Guhl. You should be able to be able to have a base map by guhl in your ecu and fine tune it with a pcv.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]