View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:49 am





Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Welcome to ZX1441r.com 
Author Message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
Welcome everyone that has joined, Smokin has some great plans for this site, some good stuff to come, this summer is going to be great! If "anyone" has or needs any advice please post it, there aren't any stupid questions, only stupid answers, we're not just drag racers, so you street guys and girls, cruisers, what ever, post up and have fun. If y'all would edit your profile with your city or state where we can see where we all are from. Again welcome aboard!! ;)

wee


Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:14 pm
Posts: 133
Location: South East , Louisiana
Will do, This will be a GREAT site with the Top 14's & all the great advice.. Great work to Lee & all involved

_________________
"Cajun Boyz with Bad Ass Toys"


Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:07 am
Posts: 18
Hey wheelie great site I'd like to get a few decals if I could


Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
Quick14 wrote:
Hey wheelie great site I'd like to get a few decals if I could
PM sent

wee


Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 pm
Posts: 70
Location: houston,tx
:thumbs: :thumbs:


Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 61
Location: wpbfl
Howdy guys, I just found where everybodies gone to, hope this site keeps the trolls at bay. Good to see some familiar sigs. Hope to add to the conversations here.


Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
zixxer14 wrote:
Howdy guys, I just found where everybodies gone to, hope this site keeps the trolls at bay. Good to see some familiar sigs. Hope to add to the conversations here.

Welcome zixxer14

wee


Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 61
Location: wpbfl
Thanks Wee, anybody let Dubious know about this site, he always had something good going on. This explains the death throws of "the other site" not much new info & a bunch of noobs with no clue. Wait I'm a noob, nooooooooooooooooo!





p.s. can I bring my old post count with me? :fishslap:


Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NorthWest Alabama
Great lookin site wee! Glad to be aboard.

_________________
Tim Ganey
Ganey Racing Team
Winfield, AL 35594

How We Got Started


Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
trganey wrote:
Great lookin site wee! Glad to be aboard.

Enjoy.

wee


Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3460
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Big welcome to all the new members ... Enjoy :bigthumb: :clap: :thumbs:


Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm
Posts: 1
Just found out about this site!!!....Very cool!!!


Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3460
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
ZX14Mike wrote:
Just found out about this site!!!....Very cool!!!

welcome mike , glad to have you , Enjoy .. :thumbs:
Smokin ..


Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:56 pm
Posts: 1
Great site. I wrecked my 14 last year and tore myself up pretty bad, so I ride a Spyder now (I know, I know). This site will be my new home to lurk and get my two-wheel fix. Was looking for somewhere else, and glad to see familiar names that were/are key to the other sites I usually check in on.

Good luck.

Art


Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm
Profile
Hangaround
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 642
Location: Colorado
BIGART wrote:
Great site. I wrecked my 14 last year and tore myself up pretty bad, so I ride a Spyder now (I know, I know). This site will be my new home to lurk and get my two-wheel fix. Was looking for somewhere else, and glad to see familiar names that were/are key to the other sites I usually check in on.

Good luck.

Art


Welcome Art! I'm new here myself. I think the site does offer something different than others I've seen and that's a good thing! There's a ton of knowledge here from the expert class and a good mix of subjects for those that just like bikes. Fast Green ones especially! :bigthumb:

Image

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:57 pm
Posts: 2
Well, hello there / here ....
Jeeze didnt' know that there was an exodus from 'the old place' to here by some (most), of its best 'famous' members...

Glad to be here and i hope to be able to read the ongoing exploits of the fabulous ZX14 and the world best R.


Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3460
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Quote:
Well, hello there / here ....
Jeeze didnt' know that there was an exodus from 'the old place' to here by some (most), of its best 'famous' members...

Glad to be here and i hope to be able to read the ongoing exploits of the fabulous ZX14 and the world best R.

Welcome Obba , good to see you .. :thumbs: I hope you enjoy the new site .. :bigthumb:


Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:34 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 2
whats going on over here?


Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
kaw-rick wrote:
whats going on over here?

Welcome home.

wee


Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3460
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
kaw-rick wrote:
whats going on over here?
Welcome Kaw-rick !! good to see you .. :thumbs:


Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 2
glad to see something new sprouting up. even though my racing career has not been so eventful the last yr or so. i think im getting old lol.


Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:31 am
Posts: 10
Location: Texas
Just joined, hope I can add, help, contribute and way I can :D

Cheers,

J.Rodriguez-

_________________
MARALIZE LEGAJUANA!

2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Black -Current
2001 Honda CBR F4i White/Red -Sold
2003 Honda CB750 Red -Sold
1984 Kawasaki GP z500 Black -Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Black -Sold


Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 pm
Posts: 91
I ride an 06 with pipe,wheels and bodywork. Best streetbike out there. I am known for my LSR bikes (sorry other brand) but I am working with a friend, Jack Broomall, with his 2012 . He set a Bonneville Production record at 205.3 last Summer. As you can see, conditions were not too good. We expect he will go faster this year. LSL Image


Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:33 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
LandspeedLarry wrote:
I ride an 06 with pipe,wheels and bodywork. Best streetbike out there. I am known for my LSR bikes (sorry other brand) but I am working with a friend, Jack Broomall, with his 2012 . He set a Bonneville Production record at 205.3 last Summer. As you can see, conditions were not too good. We expect he will go faster this year. LSL Image
Welcome

wee


Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3460
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
j_zx14 wrote:
Just joined, hope I can add, help, contribute and way I can :D

Cheers,

J.Rodriguez-
:thumbs: Enjoy ... :bigthumb:


Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:39 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3460
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
LandspeedLarry wrote:
I ride an 06 with pipe,wheels and bodywork. Best streetbike out there. I am known for my LSR bikes (sorry other brand) but I am working with a friend, Jack Broomall, with his 2012 . He set a Bonneville Production record at 205.3 last Summer. As you can see, conditions were not too good. We expect he will go faster this year. LSL Image
Hi Larry , great to see you .. We are open to all brands and type of bikes .. We even have a land speed topic just for you LSR guys and gals .. Your input and info is always welcome here Larry .. :thumbs:


Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 3
Location: Irvine, Calif.
Hello everyone! I followed the decal from Lee's (Smokinzx14) racebike to get here. As I was browsing through the site I noticed a photo of myself on the LVMS oval was being used as someone else's avatar, so I figured I'd "steal" it and make my own account. I really have no problem with anyone using it, and think it's cool... it brings back great memories. If anyone is curious, the shot was snapped by Motorcycle.com "MO" photographer Alfonse "Fonzie" Palaima. I was doing high-speed testing during the original '06 ZX-14 press introduction and was at right around 170mph in NASCAR 1-2 at LVMS. I really couldn't go any faster through there (without hanging-off into the wind), because as you can see, the bike was starting to intermittently drag hard parts at that speed in that particular corner.

My name is Sean Alexander and when the photo was shot I was the Editor In Chief at Motorcycle.com, I've since moved-on and into the role as the manager of Kawasaki's PR agency. I still work with Brock and Rickey Gadson from time-to-time (when I'm lucky) but mostly just lurk and check-out all the great Kawasaki coverage in the media.

Love the site, love the colors :-)

-Sean

_________________
The actual guy in the photo.


Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Hangaround
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 642
Location: Colorado
Awesome pic of you riding Sean! Welcome to ZX1441R.com!

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm
Posts: 2
Location: Micigan's U P
Howdy, boys and girls. I'm Seldom Seen Slim -- a/k/a Jon Wennerberg, the owner/operator of www.landracing.com. Nancy, my wife, and I are both land speed racers. We've got (at present) a pair of '08 ZX14s, a 2000 ZX12, a Ninja 250 that's been turboed, and our old faithful '87 Gold Wing that's got over 150,000 miles -- all of 'em put on by us. We spend lots of time at Bonneville (hereafter referred to as Bville). We are big-time volunteers out there (I'm the lucky guy that is in charge of 70-80 portable toilets (no, I don't clean them - that's someone else's chore) and Nancy works in the sales trailer. I'm also a bike inspector at both ECTA and Bville. We haven't gone to an ECTA event since the track moved to Wilmington -- but maybe some day soon.

I'm going to promote landracing.com here for this one item that you might be interested in -- we're now able to feature live streaming audio for most of the events from Bonneville. If you've raced out there you'll understand that it's boring between runs but great to hear all of the stuff that the radio announcers have to say about the vehicles and riders/drivers, etc. If you haven't land speed raced -- then you'll be bored as all get out. If you know someone that's going to race out there, though -- listen and enjoy hearing what he/she does. There'll be direct links to the free service from the home page of the site.

That's enough for now. With my lr.com duties I am plenty busy, so I won't promise to spend hours every day here (like I do over there), but I'll try to check in at least daily. Oh, yeah -- is there a subject/topic area for selling things on this site? We want to sell our ZX14 that's stock. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim


Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3460
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
SeanAlexander wrote:
Hello everyone! I followed the decal from Lee's (Smokinzx14) racebike to get here. As I was browsing through the site I noticed a photo of myself on the LVMS oval was being used as someone else's avatar, so I figured I'd "steal" it and make my own account. I really have no problem with anyone using it, and think it's cool... it brings back great memories. If anyone is curious, the shot was snapped by Motorcycle.com "MO" photographer Alfonse "Fonzie" Palaima. I was doing high-speed testing during the original '06 ZX-14 press introduction and was at right around 170mph in NASCAR 1-2 at LVMS. I really couldn't go any faster through there (without hanging-off into the wind), because as you can see, the bike was starting to intermittently drag hard parts at that speed in that particular corner.

My name is Sean Alexander and when the photo was shot I was the Editor In Chief at Motorcycle.com, I've since moved-on and into the role as the manager of Kawasaki's PR agency. I still work with Brock and Rickey Gadson from time-to-time (when I'm lucky) but mostly just lurk and check-out all the great Kawasaki coverage in the media.

Love the site, love the colors :-)

-Sean

Welcome Sean .. Great to have you here .. Enjoy the site and feel free to post up pictures, videos , news or whatever you feel fits our site ...
Lee AKA Smokinzx14


Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
Seldom Seen Slim wrote:
Howdy, boys and girls. I'm Seldom Seen Slim -- a/k/a Jon Wennerberg, the owner/operator of http://www.landracing.com. Nancy, my wife, and I are both land speed racers. We've got (at present) a pair of '08 ZX14s, a 2000 ZX12, a Ninja 250 that's been turboed, and our old faithful '87 Gold Wing that's got over 150,000 miles -- all of 'em put on by us. We spend lots of time at Bonneville (hereafter referred to as Bville). We are big-time volunteers out there (I'm the lucky guy that is in charge of 70-80 portable toilets (no, I don't clean them - that's someone else's chore) and Nancy works in the sales trailer. I'm also a bike inspector at both ECTA and Bville. We haven't gone to an ECTA event since the track moved to Wilmington -- but maybe some day soon.

I'm going to promote landracing.com here for this one item that you might be interested in -- we're now able to feature live streaming audio for most of the events from Bonneville. If you've raced out there you'll understand that it's boring between runs but great to hear all of the stuff that the radio announcers have to say about the vehicles and riders/drivers, etc. If you haven't land speed raced -- then you'll be bored as all get out. If you know someone that's going to race out there, though -- listen and enjoy hearing what he/she does. There'll be direct links to the free service from the home page of the site.

That's enough for now. With my lr.com duties I am plenty busy, so I won't promise to spend hours every day here (like I do over there), but I'll try to check in at least daily. Oh, yeah -- is there a subject/topic area for selling things on this site? We want to sell our ZX14 that's stock. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim

http://zx1441r.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

wee


Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:36 am
Posts: 1
Location: Cambridge,Ontario Can.
Hello from the Canadian14...Just finished filling out my profile.....Its will need some fine tuning as time goes on, but I just want to say hi to everyone here on ZX1441r.com from Cambridge, Ontario...I'm not sure how many of the members on this forum were fortunate to particapate in last years NHDRO/Man Cup race in Indy but I made the 12 hr trip last year and what an event to remember...Met alot of great people and fellow racers....I'm going down again this year again and hope to meet some of you again...Great site....


Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am
Profile
Hangaround
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 642
Location: Colorado
Image

Hey! Thanks for joining us! If you need help getting rolling here with signature or avatar send me a PM. Mike// :thumbs: :vroom:

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:47 am
Posts: 587
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Welcome to the forum! :clap:

Kofla

_________________
check me out @ Ninja ZX-14 MOTOVLOG


Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:51 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 61
Location: wpbfl
Hey Sean, I just saw your post welcome. Didn't mean to steal your photo I just haven't figured how to shrink my own down yet & they're all way to big for the avatar. Small world, I found the pic ages ago & it was still on my computer.


Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:52 am
Posts: 3
Location: Irvine, Calif.
zixxer14 wrote:
Hey Sean, I just saw your post welcome. Didn't mean to steal your photo I just haven't figured how to shrink my own down yet & they're all way to big for the avatar. Small world, I found the pic ages ago & it was still on my computer.


It's no-sweat, you didn't need to change it. My ego would be HUGE if everyone changed their Avatar to it :D

_________________
The actual guy in the photo.


Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am
Posts: 61
Location: wpbfl
It's the one I used at "the other site" kinda fell in lust with it.


Thu May 02, 2013 2:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 am
Posts: 284
Nice sight! I'm 30 just getting into racing for my self. So got a lot to learn. This sight has a lot of good races so maybe I can improve by listening to what u guys have to say.


Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
net2001 wrote:
Nice sight! I'm 30 just getting into racing for my self. So got a lot to learn. This sight has a lot of good races so maybe I can improve by listening to what u guys have to say.
Welcome, how to improve at the drag strip? Go racing allot! :vroom:

wee


Thu May 02, 2013 6:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 am
Posts: 284
Wheelie wrote:
net2001 wrote:
Nice sight! I'm 30 just getting into racing for my self. So got a lot to learn. This sight has a lot of good races so maybe I can improve by listening to what u guys have to say.
Welcome, how to improve at the drag strip? Go racing allot! :vroom:

wee

Lol yes seat time tells all. :vroom:


Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
:bigthumb: Glad to see a Gen one and Gen two site...with very cool admins here...and members.Congrats to Lee...and Wheelie for getting this going.Happy to be here.


Attachments:
009_zps20a9ecb8.jpg
009_zps20a9ecb8.jpg [ 90.82 KiB | Viewed 2915 times ]
Mon May 06, 2013 12:19 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
Grn14 wrote:
:bigthumb: Glad to see a Gen one and Gen two site...with very cool admins here...and members.Congrats to Lee...and Wheelie for getting this going.Happy to be here.

Glad to have you here Grn14, I too am glad to be a part of zx1441r.com.

wee


Mon May 06, 2013 12:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
Thanks Wee....my God...your missile is lookin viciousLOL!!!! :mrgreen:


Mon May 06, 2013 1:02 pm
Profile
Hangaround
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 642
Location: Colorado
Where ya been Grn? Glad you stopped by! :thumbs:

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Mon May 06, 2013 1:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am
Posts: 99
Thanks Mike....looks like a way cool site here...just found it the other night.Wee and Smokin started somethin very cool...glad this site is here...thanks again;)


If I didn't know better...I'd think you've been cruisin through Montana with that nice lid thereLOL!!!Gotta LOVE those gnats!I can hardly wait for grasshopper season,) :mrgreen:


Mon May 06, 2013 2:27 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 8:04 pm
Posts: 21
Hey Guy's, Finally got the chance to log in and get signed up over here. Having some trouble uploading pictures for my avatar. It's keeps saying something about pixels being oversized. All I have done is try to download pictures taking from my droid phone.....Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Anyways, glad to be part of this board. Lee from Smokin Cycles built my zrx1224r and it was fast as hell for a zrx. Now I have a 2000 zx12r. God I'm happy with it. An incredible improvement over the zrx. The bike just goes into warp speed after 120mph. I love the bikes position and think it looks awesome. Lee will be installing a new brocks and power commander as soon as money comes in. Looking forward to the Mod VERY VERY MUCH.

I haven't had the pleasure of riding a 14 yet. Not sure if I want to until I can afford one. I guess what I don't know yet, won't hurt (or temp) me.


Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 pm
Profile
Hangaround
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:59 am
Posts: 642
Location: Colorado
Welcome! :vroom:

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Sun May 12, 2013 9:32 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NorthWest Alabama
Welcome aboard!

_________________
Tim Ganey
Ganey Racing Team
Winfield, AL 35594

How We Got Started


Mon May 13, 2013 4:56 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Dallas Texas
Welcome 00A1ZX12R

wee


Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 8
Happy to have stumbled across you guys,toronto ontario

_________________
2012 14 R ,full Hindle EVO,BST's


Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
[ Advertise on ZX1441R.com ]

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.