View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Welcome to ZX1441r.com 

Welcome everyone that has joined, Smokin has some great plans for this site, some good stuff to come, this summer is going to be great! If "anyone" has or needs any advice please post it, there aren't any stupid questions, only stupid answers, we're not just drag racers, so you street guys and girls, cruisers, what ever, post up and have fun. If y'all would edit your profile with your city or state where we can see where we all are from. Again welcome aboard!! ;)

wee

Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Will do, This will be a GREAT site with the Top 14's & all the great advice.. Great work to Lee & all involved

Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Hey wheelie great site I'd like to get a few decals if I could

Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Quick14 wrote:
Hey wheelie great site I'd like to get a few decals if I could
PM sent

wee

Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:14 pm

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Howdy guys, I just found where everybodies gone to, hope this site keeps the trolls at bay. Good to see some familiar sigs. Hope to add to the conversations here.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am

zixxer14 wrote:
Howdy guys, I just found where everybodies gone to, hope this site keeps the trolls at bay. Good to see some familiar sigs. Hope to add to the conversations here.

Welcome zixxer14

wee

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks Wee, anybody let Dubious know about this site, he always had something good going on. This explains the death throws of "the other site" not much new info & a bunch of noobs with no clue. Wait I'm a noob, nooooooooooooooooo!

p.s. can I bring my old post count with me? :fishslap:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:38 am

Great lookin site wee! Glad to be aboard.

How We Got Started

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:02 pm

trganey wrote:
Great lookin site wee! Glad to be aboard.

Enjoy.

wee

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Big welcome to all the new members ... Enjoy :bigthumb: :clap: :thumbs:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Just found out about this site!!!....Very cool!!!

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:40 pm

ZX14Mike wrote:
Just found out about this site!!!....Very cool!!!

welcome mike , glad to have you , Enjoy .. :thumbs:
Smokin ..

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Great site. I wrecked my 14 last year and tore myself up pretty bad, so I ride a Spyder now (I know, I know). This site will be my new home to lurk and get my two-wheel fix. Was looking for somewhere else, and glad to see familiar names that were/are key to the other sites I usually check in on.

Good luck.

Art

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:21 pm
Hangaround

BIGART wrote:
Great site. I wrecked my 14 last year and tore myself up pretty bad, so I ride a Spyder now (I know, I know). This site will be my new home to lurk and get my two-wheel fix. Was looking for somewhere else, and glad to see familiar names that were/are key to the other sites I usually check in on.

Good luck.

Art

Welcome Art! I'm new here myself. I think the site does offer something different than others I've seen and that's a good thing! There's a ton of knowledge here from the expert class and a good mix of subjects for those that just like bikes. Fast Green ones especially! :bigthumb:

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Well, hello there / here ....
Jeeze didnt' know that there was an exodus from 'the old place' to here by some (most), of its best 'famous' members...

Glad to be here and i hope to be able to read the ongoing exploits of the fabulous ZX14 and the world best R.

Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 am

Quote:
Well, hello there / here ....
Jeeze didnt' know that there was an exodus from 'the old place' to here by some (most), of its best 'famous' members...

Glad to be here and i hope to be able to read the ongoing exploits of the fabulous ZX14 and the world best R.

Welcome Obba , good to see you .. :thumbs: I hope you enjoy the new site .. :bigthumb:

Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:34 am

whats going on over here?

Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:59 am

kaw-rick wrote:

Welcome home.

wee

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:08 am

kaw-rick wrote:
Welcome Kaw-rick !! good to see you .. :thumbs:

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:19 am

glad to see something new sprouting up. even though my racing career has not been so eventful the last yr or so. i think im getting old lol.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Just joined, hope I can add, help, contribute and way I can :D

Cheers,

J.Rodriguez-

2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14 Black -Current
2001 Honda CBR F4i White/Red -Sold
2003 Honda CB750 Red -Sold
1984 Kawasaki GP z500 Black -Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Black -Sold

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I ride an 06 with pipe,wheels and bodywork. Best streetbike out there. I am known for my LSR bikes (sorry other brand) but I am working with a friend, Jack Broomall, with his 2012 . He set a Bonneville Production record at 205.3 last Summer. As you can see, conditions were not too good. We expect he will go faster this year. LSL Image

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:33 am

LandspeedLarry wrote:
I ride an 06 with pipe,wheels and bodywork. Best streetbike out there. I am known for my LSR bikes (sorry other brand) but I am working with a friend, Jack Broomall, with his 2012 . He set a Bonneville Production record at 205.3 last Summer. As you can see, conditions were not too good. We expect he will go faster this year. LSL Image
Welcome

wee

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:35 am

j_zx14 wrote:
Just joined, hope I can add, help, contribute and way I can :D

Cheers,

J.Rodriguez-
:thumbs: Enjoy ... :bigthumb:

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:39 am

LandspeedLarry wrote:
Hi Larry , great to see you .. We are open to all brands and type of bikes .. We even have a land speed topic just for you LSR guys and gals .. Your input and info is always welcome here Larry .. :thumbs:

Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:42 am

Hello everyone! I followed the decal from Lee's (Smokinzx14) racebike to get here. As I was browsing through the site I noticed a photo of myself on the LVMS oval was being used as someone else's avatar, so I figured I'd "steal" it and make my own account. I really have no problem with anyone using it, and think it's cool... it brings back great memories. If anyone is curious, the shot was snapped by Motorcycle.com "MO" photographer Alfonse "Fonzie" Palaima. I was doing high-speed testing during the original '06 ZX-14 press introduction and was at right around 170mph in NASCAR 1-2 at LVMS. I really couldn't go any faster through there (without hanging-off into the wind), because as you can see, the bike was starting to intermittently drag hard parts at that speed in that particular corner.

My name is Sean Alexander and when the photo was shot I was the Editor In Chief at Motorcycle.com, I've since moved-on and into the role as the manager of Kawasaki's PR agency. I still work with Brock and Rickey Gadson from time-to-time (when I'm lucky) but mostly just lurk and check-out all the great Kawasaki coverage in the media.

Love the site, love the colors :-)

-Sean

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Hangaround

Awesome pic of you riding Sean! Welcome to ZX1441R.com!

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Howdy, boys and girls. I'm Seldom Seen Slim -- a/k/a Jon Wennerberg, the owner/operator of www.landracing.com. Nancy, my wife, and I are both land speed racers. We've got (at present) a pair of '08 ZX14s, a 2000 ZX12, a Ninja 250 that's been turboed, and our old faithful '87 Gold Wing that's got over 150,000 miles -- all of 'em put on by us. We spend lots of time at Bonneville (hereafter referred to as Bville). We are big-time volunteers out there (I'm the lucky guy that is in charge of 70-80 portable toilets (no, I don't clean them - that's someone else's chore) and Nancy works in the sales trailer. I'm also a bike inspector at both ECTA and Bville. We haven't gone to an ECTA event since the track moved to Wilmington -- but maybe some day soon.

I'm going to promote landracing.com here for this one item that you might be interested in -- we're now able to feature live streaming audio for most of the events from Bonneville. If you've raced out there you'll understand that it's boring between runs but great to hear all of the stuff that the radio announcers have to say about the vehicles and riders/drivers, etc. If you haven't land speed raced -- then you'll be bored as all get out. If you know someone that's going to race out there, though -- listen and enjoy hearing what he/she does. There'll be direct links to the free service from the home page of the site.

That's enough for now. With my lr.com duties I am plenty busy, so I won't promise to spend hours every day here (like I do over there), but I'll try to check in at least daily. Oh, yeah -- is there a subject/topic area for selling things on this site? We want to sell our ZX14 that's stock. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

SeanAlexander wrote:
Hello everyone! I followed the decal from Lee's (Smokinzx14) racebike to get here. As I was browsing through the site I noticed a photo of myself on the LVMS oval was being used as someone else's avatar, so I figured I'd "steal" it and make my own account. I really have no problem with anyone using it, and think it's cool... it brings back great memories. If anyone is curious, the shot was snapped by Motorcycle.com "MO" photographer Alfonse "Fonzie" Palaima. I was doing high-speed testing during the original '06 ZX-14 press introduction and was at right around 170mph in NASCAR 1-2 at LVMS. I really couldn't go any faster through there (without hanging-off into the wind), because as you can see, the bike was starting to intermittently drag hard parts at that speed in that particular corner.

My name is Sean Alexander and when the photo was shot I was the Editor In Chief at Motorcycle.com, I've since moved-on and into the role as the manager of Kawasaki's PR agency. I still work with Brock and Rickey Gadson from time-to-time (when I'm lucky) but mostly just lurk and check-out all the great Kawasaki coverage in the media.

Love the site, love the colors :-)

-Sean

Welcome Sean .. Great to have you here .. Enjoy the site and feel free to post up pictures, videos , news or whatever you feel fits our site ...
Lee AKA Smokinzx14

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Seldom Seen Slim wrote:
Howdy, boys and girls. I'm Seldom Seen Slim -- a/k/a Jon Wennerberg, the owner/operator of http://www.landracing.com. Nancy, my wife, and I are both land speed racers. We've got (at present) a pair of '08 ZX14s, a 2000 ZX12, a Ninja 250 that's been turboed, and our old faithful '87 Gold Wing that's got over 150,000 miles -- all of 'em put on by us. We spend lots of time at Bonneville (hereafter referred to as Bville). We are big-time volunteers out there (I'm the lucky guy that is in charge of 70-80 portable toilets (no, I don't clean them - that's someone else's chore) and Nancy works in the sales trailer. I'm also a bike inspector at both ECTA and Bville. We haven't gone to an ECTA event since the track moved to Wilmington -- but maybe some day soon.

I'm going to promote landracing.com here for this one item that you might be interested in -- we're now able to feature live streaming audio for most of the events from Bonneville. If you've raced out there you'll understand that it's boring between runs but great to hear all of the stuff that the radio announcers have to say about the vehicles and riders/drivers, etc. If you haven't land speed raced -- then you'll be bored as all get out. If you know someone that's going to race out there, though -- listen and enjoy hearing what he/she does. There'll be direct links to the free service from the home page of the site.

That's enough for now. With my lr.com duties I am plenty busy, so I won't promise to spend hours every day here (like I do over there), but I'll try to check in at least daily. Oh, yeah -- is there a subject/topic area for selling things on this site? We want to sell our ZX14 that's stock. Please let me know. Thanks.

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim

http://zx1441r.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

wee

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Hello from the Canadian14...Just finished filling out my profile.....Its will need some fine tuning as time goes on, but I just want to say hi to everyone here on ZX1441r.com from Cambridge, Ontario...I'm not sure how many of the members on this forum were fortunate to particapate in last years NHDRO/Man Cup race in Indy but I made the 12 hr trip last year and what an event to remember...Met alot of great people and fellow racers....I'm going down again this year again and hope to meet some of you again...Great site....

Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 am
Hangaround

Hey! Thanks for joining us! If you need help getting rolling here with signature or avatar send me a PM. Mike// :thumbs: :vroom:

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:06 am

Welcome to the forum! :clap:

Kofla

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:51 am
Profile WWW

Hey Sean, I just saw your post welcome. Didn't mean to steal your photo I just haven't figured how to shrink my own down yet & they're all way to big for the avatar. Small world, I found the pic ages ago & it was still on my computer.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 pm

zixxer14 wrote:
Hey Sean, I just saw your post welcome. Didn't mean to steal your photo I just haven't figured how to shrink my own down yet & they're all way to big for the avatar. Small world, I found the pic ages ago & it was still on my computer.

It's no-sweat, you didn't need to change it. My ego would be HUGE if everyone changed their Avatar to it :D

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:52 pm
Profile WWW

It's the one I used at "the other site" kinda fell in lust with it.

Thu May 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Nice sight! I'm 30 just getting into racing for my self. So got a lot to learn. This sight has a lot of good races so maybe I can improve by listening to what u guys have to say.

Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm

net2001 wrote:
Nice sight! I'm 30 just getting into racing for my self. So got a lot to learn. This sight has a lot of good races so maybe I can improve by listening to what u guys have to say.
Welcome, how to improve at the drag strip? Go racing allot! :vroom:

wee

Thu May 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Wheelie wrote:
net2001 wrote:
Welcome, how to improve at the drag strip? Go racing allot! :vroom:

wee

Lol yes seat time tells all. :vroom:

Thu May 02, 2013 10:00 pm

:bigthumb: Glad to see a Gen one and Gen two site...with very cool admins here...and members.Congrats to Lee...and Wheelie for getting this going.Happy to be here.

Attachments:
009_zps20a9ecb8.jpg
009_zps20a9ecb8.jpg [ 90.82 KiB | Viewed 2915 times ]
Mon May 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Grn14 wrote:
:bigthumb: Glad to see a Gen one and Gen two site...with very cool admins here...and members.Congrats to Lee...and Wheelie for getting this going.Happy to be here.

Glad to have you here Grn14, I too am glad to be a part of zx1441r.com.

wee

Mon May 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks Wee....my God...your missile is lookin viciousLOL!!!! :mrgreen:

Mon May 06, 2013 1:02 pm
Hangaround

Where ya been Grn? Glad you stopped by! :thumbs:

Mon May 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks Mike....looks like a way cool site here...just found it the other night.Wee and Smokin started somethin very cool...glad this site is here...thanks again;)

If I didn't know better...I'd think you've been cruisin through Montana with that nice lid thereLOL!!!Gotta LOVE those gnats!I can hardly wait for grasshopper season,) :mrgreen:

Mon May 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Hey Guy's, Finally got the chance to log in and get signed up over here. Having some trouble uploading pictures for my avatar. It's keeps saying something about pixels being oversized. All I have done is try to download pictures taking from my droid phone.....Hopefully I'll figure it out.

Anyways, glad to be part of this board. Lee from Smokin Cycles built my zrx1224r and it was fast as hell for a zrx. Now I have a 2000 zx12r. God I'm happy with it. An incredible improvement over the zrx. The bike just goes into warp speed after 120mph. I love the bikes position and think it looks awesome. Lee will be installing a new brocks and power commander as soon as money comes in. Looking forward to the Mod VERY VERY MUCH.

I haven't had the pleasure of riding a 14 yet. Not sure if I want to until I can afford one. I guess what I don't know yet, won't hurt (or temp) me.

Sun May 12, 2013 9:24 pm
Hangaround

Welcome! :vroom:

Sun May 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Welcome aboard!

How We Got Started

Mon May 13, 2013 4:56 am

Welcome 00A1ZX12R

wee

Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 am

Happy to have stumbled across you guys,toronto ontario

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 pm