View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Made a deal on another bike today. 2007 GSXR 1000. 

This one just popped up unexpectedly. We're going to pick it up at the Rockingham race. There's not really anything super special about it at the moment but this is the bike we're going to shoot for mid/high 4's with. I've got too much of an emotional attachment to the bikes I already have to hack them up sufficiently to run those times. This bike I have no emotional attachment to so it's going to get the full grudge treatment if necessary. I'll not mention the name of the seller yet out of respect for his privacy but he's well known in racing circles.

I'll get a pic once the team pics it up at the race in Rockingham.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:06 pm

The motor had been taken out of the frame in anticipation of a major build that got abandoned. The motor was supposed to be put back together and in the frame and running but time ran out so he brought it to the track with the motor in boxes. Sam went ahead and brought everything to his house for now but the plan is for the seller to get everything put back together and running as part of the deal. I still haven't seen it in person but Sam sent this pic today. Not a bad looking bike me thinks and since it's a 2007 model it should be capable of anything I could ever want it to do. I know there are those that think buying something in pieces is a really bad idea and I can certainly understand that way of thinking. The seller's integrity is above reproach and Sam also spoke with the original owner of the bike finding out what had been done and what it ran on the motor alone though that was some time ago. Not sure what kind of time element we're looking at getting everything in order and running but at least we've got a good platform to start with this time. Updates to follow as they unfold.

Attachments:
2007 red gsxr.jpg
2007 red gsxr.jpg [ 1.34 MiB | Viewed 718 times ]

Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:09 pm

I have no problem with buying something apart because I can put it back together. That's where most get scared off. They don't have to skills to do the wrenching and that can get expensive. Looks like a decent bike if you got it for the right price.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]