View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 My EYEtalian lady... 

Couldn't resist posting Miss Bella! :thumbs:

Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Sweet!! I love that red........ :bigthumb:

Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:04 pm
Hangaround

bad ass duc. i like it. :bigthumb:

Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Just got her back from a massive service job, and the accompanying massive bill that comes with it. Oh well...the price you pay. I'll change the plastics out to the track ones, then next stop COTA!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Nice!

I saw a new Pignali 1198 in the shop for its 15,000 mile service here in Tampa, the WHOLE bike was apart! Guess that justifies a big service bill indeed.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 pm

SteveWFL wrote:
Nice!

I saw a new Pignali 1198 in the shop for its 15,000 mile service here in Tampa, the WHOLE bike was apart! Guess that justifies a big service bill indeed.

Steve your killing me! Panigale 1199!

And I'm on the hunt for that picture, it was pretty crazy :-)

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:10 am

caps wrote:
SteveWFL wrote:
Nice!

LOL. Stevie, I was trying to remember if there was some sort of special edition 1198 that I wasn't aware of.

Yes, the service is expensive, but the mechanic went through it with a fine tooth comb and changed/redid/fixed everything that was not perfect. Ducati Austin has had a bad rep for quite awhile now, and I was going to take it to San Antonio. After talking with the guys in Austin and meeting the new mechanic, I decided to take it there. They have been trying to fix that rep since January, and hiring the mechanic was the first step. I walked back to talk with him and there was a Panigale with the plastics off with an older gentleman watching. He started to take some pics and the tech said, " No, no, no...there still is a smudge here, let me get that off!". He wanted even the pics to look good. They did a great job, and the price just stung for a little bit.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am

caps wrote:
SteveWFL wrote:
Nice!

I contacted Alex over at http://www.eurocyclesoftampabay.com/ and he was nice enough to send me this for your viewing pleasure :-)

Attachments:
Panigale!.jpg
Panigale!.jpg [ 333.24 KiB | Viewed 1612 times ]

Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 pm

I was lucky enough to be able to do a track day at The Circuit of the America's on June 1st. I can tell you right off the bat that I am pretty much ruined for life regarding any other track; it is just simply stunning. To be able to ride on what is considered by most to be one of the top 5 tracks in the world was amazing. Buttery smooth, twenty turns, fast turns, slow turns, off camber, sweepers, long straights, elevations, decreasing radius, etc... it has everything.

My lovely Ducati 999 "Bella" was fantastic as far as ther turns went, but was really having some problems with acceleration, and finding a constant "false neutral" in 6th gear. I had her serviced at the local Ducati shop and she didn't come back quite like she went in. I am giving them credit though, they are working diligently to get her back to the way she was brought in.

I, of course, have the race plastics on. The tape you see on the front was due to the fairing falling off of the wall on its nose before I bought her. I just covered it with the tape, but my wife and I will probably fix the fiberglass nose, then try our best at painting it, along with the small tail fairing. ****If, however, someone is out there around the Austin area that could do something like that at a decent price, by all means let me know.

Pulling out onto the track for the first time. The heart was PUMPING man!

This pick gives a better idea of the elevation change on turn 1. It is so much more dramatic than it looks like on most pics.

Down the front straight...Circus bear on a mini-bike :lol:

What an amazing day on the Ducati!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Those are great pictures from COTA! :clap:

Kofla

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:09 pm
Profile WWW

caps wrote:
caps wrote:
SteveWFL wrote:
Nice!

I contacted Alex over at http://www.eurocyclesoftampabay.com/ and he was nice enough to send me this for your viewing pleasure :-)

It has to come apart that much for a 15k mile...seriously?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 pm

I might get something like a 916 one day...even a 900SS. Just to try something different...

A guy at work has a Desmosedici. 360 lbs race-ready....wow!

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:29 pm

A 916....man, what a classic. You'd be hard pressed to find a machine that will keep your hand off the bar more while waving back at people. Ducati's are interesting for sure. When I first bought mine, I was aware of just how gorgeous it was, but wasn't that thrilled with the performance. Everywhere I went I someone was talking to me about it, waving, giving the :bigthumb: , etc... But it seemed slow and lazy, and my 08 14 seemed to handle better. Then I realized that you would look down at the speedo, and you had just very casually shot past 100...quickly. Almost lazy fast I would call it; and instant throttle response. At speed, the bike's handling characteristics come out, and over time I realized the 999 was the most "on rails" bike I had ever been on, and that goes to this day.
I think you would dig an Eyetalian lady! More than performance or looks, Ducati's just kinda get under your skin. Kind of like an Italian woman with flaws, but those flaws in a lot of ways just makes her that much more sexy. With your amazing wrenching ability, the cost of one wouldn't be quite as bad over the long haul as well.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:44 pm

caps wrote:
caps wrote:
SteveWFL wrote:
Nice!

Just wow!

Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]