View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 2015 Dcuati Diavel Carbon 

Curious, what you guys think of this bike. All opinions welcome.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:27 am

Looks neat but there was 6 of them in the back of our local ducati dealer with the engines out of them this season. So I'm thinking reliability issues.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:53 am

You would be much happier with a Gen 2 VMax ...

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Story; A buddy asked me a quick question in passing "What bike should I get" I gave the Answer Diavel. He went out that day and bought it. Was bit of a shocker for me. In truth I'm not a Duck kind of guy but the friends current ride was a V-Rod so made sense. Now that he rode it over to my house from the dealer I'm wondering what I got him into. For a streetfighter Cruizer type ride it's fits the bill.

6 Motors on the Floor has a Nasty Ring to it. ZX996 you didn't happen to here why ? Two year warranty came with the bike,,,, sounds like maybe they need it. Ouch !

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:55 pm

Romans wrote:
Story; A buddy asked me a quick question in passing "What bike should I get" I gave the Answer Diavel. He went out that day and bought it. Was bit of a shocker for me. In truth I'm not a Duck kind of guy but the friends current ride was a V-Rod so made sense. Now that he rode it over to my house from the dealer I'm wondering what I got him into. For a streetfighter Cruizer type ride it's fits the bill.

6 Motors on the Floor has a Nasty Ring to it. ZX996 you didn't happen to here why ? Two year warranty came with the bike,,,, sounds like maybe they need it. Ouch !

I didn't get all the reasons but transmission in a few. Read on some other forum's about reliability issues too. Oh and forget about getting it fixed fast, one of my riding buddies with a 1098 had his sit in that shop for 2 and a half months waiting for parts from Italy.

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:30 pm

I considered a Diavel over the zx14r, but once the reviews and testing starting coming out; there was no way I was going to pay more for less performance. I get that the Duc has a lot going for it, but being down 40-50hp and + $5000 didn't work - in my mind.

And thank god I didn't get a vmax. I thought about those also. But same reasons as above, plus the fact that I'm not that tall (5'10"); and my knees hit those stupid air tubes. Or whatever they are called.

ZX14r for the win.

Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]