View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Things don't always go as planned. Just keep plugging along 

I finally got around to carrying the "Baby" Gixxer to Cecil at HTP to get tuned yesterday. It's been a problem as it had an ancient power commander on it (circa 2005 or so) that Cecil said he was no longer able to connect to and, even if he could, was so old that he could not tune properly with it anyhow. Well, I got the newfangled power commander and carried it with me to have Cecil install it at his shop and tune the bike immediately after. Keep in mind that even though untuned the bike ran really well I thought with no hesitation or driveability issues whatsoever ever. It was possibly tuned rich and was running on 110 Sunoco. I just don't know about the tune it had as far as being rich, lean or whatever. Cecil put the new power commander on, poured in some MRX01 and put it on the dyno. Bike would barely run. TPS no longer giving a signal except at WOT and, even then, kept dropping intermittently back to showing 0% throttle. I guess I don't need to say what that did to how the engine ran. It made no power and the hesitation when opening up the throttle was crazy bad. I had to leave the bike with him for him to go through everything. He's going to check TPS, new power commander, and whatever else until he discovers what the heck happened. I've heard of brand new out of the box power commanders being bad and it sure seems possible that this may be the case here. We were planning for a big day at Rockingham with the 14, the Baby Gixxer and even the new 2007 Gixxer that the team is going to pick up there. It looks like we're going to be down a bike now. So, even though things didn't go as planned, we're going to keep trying. It'll come around eventually and it'll be worth it. I'm just passing this along to make sure everyone knows that things for sure don't always go right for us when drag racing but the end result is worth it. Don't give up when you get thrown a curve. We're not. Just thought I'd share what we've been up to in the drag racing world. Thanks for reading everyone and see you at the track.

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]