View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Well rode again! and farkles added 

Well first i kicked on the heat in my garage and added some farkles that's the concours term for mods. First took the stock plastic luggage rack off and added the sw motech steel luggage rack. then added the Tech-spec tank protection system, next removed all the warning stickers as well as the Ktrac stickers on the fron fender. Also added the fender extender to keep shit off the header and radiator. by the time all that was done it was up to a blistering 34 degrees outside with 25mph winds so what the hell I suited up and rode 33 miles and hit some curves today, as well as some interstate at 80 mph. This Bike rocks! I still need to be very carefull around here for sand but it handles the curves great. Bike is just glass smooth at 80 mph on the interstate as well. I think it is even smoother then a zx14. I was thinking the last week of adding a slip-on and a Guhl ecu flash but it's a tuff choice as the bike runs really well like it is and after all it's not a race bike. If it was cheaper to send the ecu in for just the changes it takes to open the flies sooner I would probably do it but not sure its worth 350.00 on this type of bike. Also got a good feel for the abs and linked brakes today. wasn't sure I would like the linked brakes but after a few times of telling my self to use the rear brake pedal they work really sweet! can feel both the rear and front working together very nicely. Wish I would have bought this bike 4 bikes ago instead of always changing my mind at the last second. it just took the racing going down hill and Steve's pictures to finally do it!

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 pm

Bently wrote:
Well first i kicked on the heat in my garage and added some farkles that's the concours term for mods. First took the stock plastic luggage rack off and added the sw motech steel luggage rack. then added the Tech-spec tank protection system, next removed all the warning stickers as well as the Ktrac stickers on the fron fender. Also added the fender extender to keep shit off the header and radiator. by the time all that was done it was up to a blistering 34 degrees outside with 25mph winds so what the hell I suited up and rode 33 miles and hit some curves today, as well as some interstate at 80 mph. This Bike rocks! I still need to be very carefull around here for sand but it handles the curves great. Bike is just glass smooth at 80 mph on the interstate as well. I think it is even smoother then a zx14. I was thinking the last week of adding a slip-on and a Guhl ecu flash but it's a tuff choice as the bike runs really well like it is and after all it's not a race bike. If it was cheaper to send the ecu in for just the changes it takes to open the flies sooner I would probably do it but not sure its worth 350.00 on this type of bike. Also got a good feel for the abs and linked brakes today. wasn't sure I would like the linked brakes but after a few times of telling my self to use the rear brake pedal they work really sweet! can feel both the rear and front working together very nicely. Wish I would have bought this bike 4 bikes ago instead of always changing my mind at the last second. it just took the racing going down hill and Steve's pictures to finally do it!
:bigthumb: :thumbs: I'm in for one !!

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Lee, you would not regret it at all! The bike is also quick enough on the street to fill that need of a rush for speed. It's no 14r quick but quick enough to be loads of fun. the 14r builds speed almost to fast on the street to keep from getting a ticket sooner or later imo.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]