View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 C14 Woolich flashing tools 

C14 Woolich flashing tools .. Woolich now has the BIN files and flash harness ready to go .. :thumbs:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Thanks Lee... :thumbs:

Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:14 pm

Lee, have you messed with this any? I want to get my ECU flashed to get the flies to open sooner but it hurts to spend the money and send it off, especially after Christmas and moving across the country. I also don't want to spend the money on something like this and not get the results that I want.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:08 pm

dakota9498 wrote:
Lee, have you messed with this any? I want to get my ECU flashed to get the flies to open sooner but it hurts to spend the money and send it off, especially after Christmas and moving across the country. I also don't want to spend the money on something like this and not get the results that I want.
No sorry I have not tried this .. I don't have the harness or the BIN file ..My harness only works on zx14s ... I want to open my files faster also .. But I think what I'm going to do is install a set of Gen 1 TBs .. C14 are 40mm and the zx14 are 44mm ..

Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:28 pm

I am also toying with the idea of putting on ZX14 throttle bodies, it will probably come when I buy an extra set to upgrade the ones on the 14. I guess I will just send it to Guhl and get the flash between that and a Hindle exhaust it should help quite a bit.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 am

dakota9498 wrote:
I am also toying with the idea of putting on ZX14 throttle bodies, it will probably come when I buy an extra set to upgrade the ones on the 14. I guess I will just send it to Guhl and get the flash between that and a Hindle exhaust it should help quite a bit.
The Hindle pipe really woke up bike without being to loud ..Don Guhls C14 flash really shows some good gains in mid range power and a few more HP up top .. Reports on the zx14 TB swap shows great gain without any down side in the power curve .. One other thing I'm doing as I type this is swap the wind screen to a Gen 1 wind screen ..It's smaller and will block less air , plus I can see over it much easier and that is problem for me using the Gen 2 screen ..It might not be good for a taller rider but I'm not that tall and should work fine for me .. :vroom:

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:53 am

Yeah I actually put a bigger windscreen on mine. Being 6'3" in my socks a smaller windscreen doesn't cut it and the girlfriend and I like to ride it as much as possible. I am going to make the first long trip on it with the new windshield and Corbin trunk on Friday, headed down to San Diego from Lemoore (Central Cali).

But the Hindle and the flash are must do's for me, but it may take a little while, my attention is divided between the new house, the ZX-14, and a dozen other things going on. When I do get around to it will definitely post it up.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on the Hindle exhaust. It was funny because I was just literally looking at that exhaust a couple of days prior to you posting about yours. :)

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

dakota9498 wrote:
Yeah I actually put a bigger windscreen on mine. Being 6'3" in my socks a smaller windscreen doesn't cut it and the girlfriend and I like to ride it as much as possible. I am going to make the first long trip on it with the new windshield and Corbin trunk on Friday, headed down to San Diego from Lemoore (Central Cali).

But the Hindle and the flash are must do's for me, but it may take a little while, my attention is divided between the new house, the ZX-14, and a dozen other things going on. When I do get around to it will definitely post it up.

Thanks for being the guinea pig on the Hindle exhaust. It was funny because I was just literally looking at that exhaust a couple of days prior to you posting about yours. :)
Sounds good ... :thumbs:

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey Smokin,

I have the Woolich software and BIN file for my C14 and have been playing with it for a little while.

I picked up a spare ECU that I have been making changes to and have been trying it in the bike.
Been playing with the STP maps and have them opening much earlier.

I also have a ZX14 TB that I will be installing soon when the rest of my stuff arrives!

Can't wait to see what kind of gains you get (in performance and speed) with the mods you do to your C14. I'll be following along closely;).

Thanks for sharing!

Rem :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Just an update for anybody who cares...

I finally installed the Woolich Log Box Pro on my C14 a couple weeks ago, and I'm really pleased with the results.

I have an Area-P full exhaust system and BMC filter.

I've done a couple data logging runs and re-flashed my ECU each time. Now I'm within a percent or two of my Target AFR.

The whole system is really slick. I plan to do some more fine tuning as time allows, but I was really impressed with how quickly I was able to get my ECU mapping so close to the target AFR. I also have my flies opening earlier/faster, rev limit increased to 10,300 RPM, and top speed limiter disabled...which I checked by running the bike up to 160 MPH or so on one of my data logging runs;).

Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:56 am

OOH LA LA 160mph on a old mans rocking chair. :wreck:

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:41 pm

Rembrant wrote:
Just an update for anybody who cares...

I finally installed the Woolich Log Box Pro on my C14 a couple weeks ago, and I'm really pleased with the results.

I have an Area-P full exhaust system and BMC filter.

I've done a couple data logging runs and re-flashed my ECU each time. Now I'm within a percent or two of my Target AFR.

The whole system is really slick. I plan to do some more fine tuning as time allows, but I was really impressed with how quickly I was able to get my ECU mapping so close to the target AFR. I also have my flies opening earlier/faster, rev limit increased to 10,300 RPM, and top speed limiter disabled...which I checked by running the bike up to 160 MPH or so on one of my data logging runs;).

Can you shoot a picture of you flies map ? I would like to see what you have done .. Thanks ..

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]