View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:47 am





Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ] 
 Needed more power and i got it.. 
Author Message
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Brocks had a sale on Hindle exhaust .. I got on for a great deal that was for a zx14 Gen 1 .. I figured what the hell it might fit the connie .. If it didn't I could just sell it .. Well it fit good , real good .. Had to make a little bracket for the muffler and shim the rad out an 1/8 of and inch but that was all I had to do ... The extra power is GREAT and the bike is not loud at all .. It has a deep tone but not loud .. Took it for a ride , in first just snap the throttle and wheelie time !! Bang second gear and it sets the tire on fire ... :thumbs: :thumbs:


Attachments:
005.JPG
005.JPG [ 950.07 KiB | Viewed 4087 times ]
001.JPG
001.JPG [ 981.96 KiB | Viewed 4087 times ]
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:38 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
:mrgreen:


Attachments:
006.JPG
006.JPG [ 914.4 KiB | Viewed 4086 times ]
004.JPG
004.JPG [ 654.53 KiB | Viewed 4086 times ]
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:39 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
:mrgreen:


Attachments:
006.JPG
006.JPG [ 914.4 KiB | Viewed 4086 times ]
Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:40 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Dallas Texas
:bigthumb:

wee


Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NorthWest Alabama
That's bad ass!

One of these days I'll get me a Connie. Maybe by then they'll be using the 1441r motor.

_________________
Tim Ganey
Ganey Racing Team
Winfield, AL 35594

How We Got Started


Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:53 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm
Posts: 562
Location: OBX. NC
Way to go, Lee. Now you can probably outrun our old school 14. :shock:

_________________
2009 Black and CF ZX14 2005 Turbo Hayabusa 2001 GSXR 1000
Looking for another turbo ZX14 or 84-85 GS1150E.


Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Kentucky
Good job Lee. :thumbs: Been wondering how many full systems would fit....seen a couple with Yoshi pipes on em' and of course there is the Area P. Great bike ain't it? The wife will be stocking the new Road 4's and discounting the Road 3's as soon as the 4's are available. Looked at all the Michelin info the other night and the load and speed ratings are the same for eveything from Pilots to Road 4's. (120/70 and 190/50/55 ) Pilots, 2CT's Pure's, Power 3's and the Roads 2,3 and 4.
Kinda suprised me but if a guy wants some extra traction to stuff a saddle bag inside a sport bike a couple times it looks like any of the tires will work out fine. ( except for milage ) :bigthumb: :clap:

_________________
I'd Rather Be Roadracing.


Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 62
Same idea I had, Lee. I will probably wait until I get out to California though since I am transferring next month.

Do you have a Power Commander on it yet? Have you had it dynoed? Map support was my only worry.

It looks great by the way. :thumbs:


Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:18 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
dakota9498 wrote:
Same idea I had, Lee. I will probably wait until I get out to California though since I am transferring next month.

Do you have a Power Commander on it yet? Have you had it dynoed? Map support was my only worry.

It looks great by the way. :thumbs:
No P/C yet .. No dyno yet ( just my butt dyno ) :D I will be going to the track Weds night .. I have a good base lines from the last trip to the track , so I should see some MPH gain as well as ET .. I will post up after I get the numbers .. :vroom: Brock has asked me for all the info and pictures , so maybe just maybe he will do a map for the bike ... We can hope.. :mrgreen:


Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:48 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 62
That is awesome Lee. Can't wait to see what you do with it at the track. And I am crossing my fingers Brock does something, that would be awesome.


Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:18 pm
Posts: 392
Location: NorthWest Alabama
Maybe Brock and Mother Kaw need to make a little deal. I'd bet if Mama Kaw would slip a 1441R motor into the Connie and call it R model Brock would love to get his hands on one and see what he could accomplish with it.

No one ever said we couldn't dream!

_________________
Tim Ganey
Ganey Racing Team
Winfield, AL 35594

How We Got Started


Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:49 pm
Posts: 9
Location: wet side of washington
Right on Lee! I got an 08 in july. I went with my 14's stock duals and put them on the connie. I know theyre heavy but Im old and want quiet on this bike. (the 14 has the brocks meg) pulled flys and added a pc3. If anybody could point me toward a map, thatd be great. Ill be watching this for track results! :bow:

_________________
Black 06


Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:21 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Well guys it look like might be able to make test and tune on Weds night .. We have a front coming in with some rain Tuesday but it should be over by weds night .. I do have some bad news , Brock will not do a Map for any Hindle pipes so we are on our own with mapping .. But if anyone wants a Hindle pipe and the bracket to mount it on a C14 just let me know and I'll make one for you .. I got a chance to ride the bike for a photo shoot and I must say it is very nice sounding pipe ..If you are just cruising it makes no sound , crank the throttle open and it has a very nice deep tone without being loud .. I'm very happy with the pipe so far .. It surely feels like it helped power from 6000 to red line just where the C14 goes flat with the stock exhaust ..


Attachments:
c14.jpg
c14.jpg [ 109.29 KiB | Viewed 4001 times ]
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:50 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Here is a picture of the zx14r head pipes Vs the stock C14 pipe .. Kawi really choked the C14 with that tiny tubing .. :shock: It also have two cats in the head pipe while the zx14r head pipe has no cats ..


Attachments:
zx14r Vs C14.jpg
zx14r Vs C14.jpg [ 87.26 KiB | Viewed 4001 times ]
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Kentucky
The pipe looks great as does the bike Lee. :thumbs: How bout that weight loss as well? Great picture and looking foward to test and tune results..... :)

_________________
I'd Rather Be Roadracing.


Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:06 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Warbird wrote:
The pipe looks great as does the bike Lee. :thumbs: How bout that weight loss as well? Great picture and looking foward to test and tune results..... :)

I didn't weight it yet but I will .. That single muffler on the c14 was on heavy log , I think it is heavier that both pipes I pulled off the zx14r ..I'm betting at least 30+ pounds saved .. That should be worth a 10th of a second .. :vroom:


Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 126
Would a stock 14R head pipe fit a C14? What would we need to make it work with a single muffler as I have the stock head pipe from my 14R just sitting around. I just bought a used 2011 C14.

_________________
2012 ZX14R 219MPH So Far.


Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:56 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
BobK wrote:
Would a stock 14R head pipe fit a C14? What would we need to make it work with a single muffler as I have the stock head pipe from my 14R just sitting around. I just bought a used 2011 C14.
I have not tried that yet .. I have heard of people that have and they said it worked ..


Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
ok the stock exhaust on the C14 was 32 pounds total ... Hindle pipe 8 pounds . So a 24 pound weight savings .. :bigthumb:


Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 62
Lee, do you plan on pulling the flies? I am thinking about doing that or just sending the ecu to Guhl. I feel like this heavy bike could do with a little more snap on the low end.


Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
dakota9498 wrote:
Lee, do you plan on pulling the flies? I am thinking about doing that or just sending the ecu to Guhl. I feel like this heavy bike could do with a little more snap on the low end.

I think i'll do the guhl flash for the flys .. Looks to pick up a ton of TQ with his flash ..


Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:51 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
News flash !! I just found out the throttle bodys on the C14 are 40MM .. I just happen to have a new set of ZX14R TBs .. Hummm I wonder ?


Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 62
I saw that about the Guhl flash. That is the way that I was leaning.
A lot of guys on COG (Concours Owners Group) put ZX-14 throttle bodies on. One guy just ordered a set of Jim's 47mm throttlebodies.


Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Ok the numbers are in ... Best all stock 7.00 @ 101 ... With just the Hindle pipe 6.77@105.44

Picked up over 2 tenths and 4 MPH ... Better than I had hoped for .. :mrgreen: :thumbs:


Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Posts: 62
That is awesome :bigthumb: I have got to get me one. I believe I am going to get the Black Ceramic muffler though.


Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:19 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Dallas Texas
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Ok the numbers are in ... Best all stock 7.00 @ 101 ... With just the Hindle pipe 6.77@105.44

Picked up over 2 tenths and 4 MPH ... Better than I had hoped for .. :mrgreen: :thumbs:
:thumbs:

wee


Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:43 am
Posts: 579
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Can't believe the track was even open. It drizzled up here all damn day! :(

_________________
"A man's motorcycle is a reflection of the man." RC
2001 ZRX1200 1307cc's
9.161 1/4 mile


Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 pm
Posts: 625
Location: Kentucky
SmokinZX14 wrote:
Ok the numbers are in ... Best all stock 7.00 @ 101 ... With just the Hindle pipe 6.77@105.44

Picked up over 2 tenths and 4 MPH ... Better than I had hoped for .. :mrgreen: :thumbs:



That is excellent Lee..... :thumbs: The ole girl needs to breathe........bolt some 44mm tb's on next and go to test and tune and you will have 3 set's of numbers documenting the performance diff's for each. Real world on the road difference's one at a time.......

Thanks for sharing... valuable, accurate info that is much appreceiated. :bow: :vroom:

Charles

_________________
I'd Rather Be Roadracing.


Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:50 am
Posts: 262
Location: montana
will this be the first time a removed stock exhaust could actually be sold for more than shipping costs?


Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:27 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
I have set a goal to be the fastest C14 on motor and pump gas , looking at my 1/8 mile numbers I should be in the 10.50 or high 10.40s now .. I feel it has low 10s with the TBs and flash .. Would it be great to see a C14 run a 9.99 .. It would be a blast to pull up to a New Vmax and wax him ... :vroom: Bags and all !!!! :shock:


Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:01 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Dallas Texas
SmokinZX14 wrote:
It would be a blast to pull up to a New Vmax and wax him ... :vroom: Bags and all !!!! :shock:

Don't go there ! :lol:

wee


Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:20 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 am
Posts: 5
Hey Lee are those Hindle exhaust still available?


Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:43 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Cuda wrote:
Hey Lee are those Hindle exhaust still available?
Yes Brocks shows one in stock ...


Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:55 am
Posts: 5
Well we are in the middle of buying another house and the wife said do you REALLY need that exhaust :dunno: I do have 08 ZX14 header with two brothers cans ( no cats removed them) I want to go drag racing with you sometime , if you would let me know when and where, I'm in Naples .
Thanks but no thanks at this time for the Hindel GREAT price thou, I've linked this thread to cog-online.org so we can all follow your progress, keep up the good work .
Thanks Jimmy J 239 272 5613


Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:04 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 22
Keep up the good work :bigthumb: I'm new here but see you on the ZRXOA . I will be watching your progress with your C14 ..

did you install the stainless pipe or the Ti ??

I will be getting a full system for my C14 this year , Why did you go with a Hindle over the Aera P or Muzzy ?


Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:48 pm
Posts: 40
Warbird wrote:
That is excellent Lee..... :thumbs: The ole girl needs to breathe........bolt some 44mm tb's on next and go to test and tune and you will have 3 set's of numbers documenting the performance diff's for each. Real world on the road difference's one at a time.......

Thanks for sharing... valuable, accurate info that is much appreceiated. :bow: :vroom:

Charles


Hi Warbird,

I just came over to follow these C14 tuning threads! I think I'm gonna like it here;).

I have a set of 2010 ZX14 TB's I'll be installing on my 2010 C14 very shortly!

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:05 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
steiny wrote:
Keep up the good work :bigthumb: I'm new here but see you on the ZRXOA . I will be watching your progress with your C14 ..

did you install the stainless pipe or the Ti ??

I will be getting a full system for my C14 this year , Why did you go with a Hindle over the Aera P or Muzzy ?
Well one reason is I'm a Brocks dealer and he had a stainless Hindle system in stock ..It was made for the zx14 Gen 1 ...So I got it just to see if it would fit , and it did ... All that was needed was a new muffle bracket that I made ( Brocks is going to make them soon ) .. And shim the lower rad bracket out a 1/8 of an inch .. This is NOT a Brocks pipe for a zx14 .. It's a Hindle pipe for the gen 1 zx14 and there is a big difference between the two pipes ..


Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:33 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
Cuda wrote:
Well we are in the middle of buying another house and the wife said do you REALLY need that exhaust :dunno: I do have 08 ZX14 header with two brothers cans ( no cats removed them) I want to go drag racing with you sometime , if you would let me know when and where, I'm in Naples .
Thanks but no thanks at this time for the Hindel GREAT price thou, I've linked this thread to cog-online.org so we can all follow your progress, keep up the good work .
Thanks Jimmy J 239 272 5613
Thanks Jimmy ... :mrgreen: :thanks:


Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 22
SmokinZX14 wrote:
steiny wrote:
Keep up the good work :bigthumb: I'm new here but see you on the ZRXOA . I will be watching your progress with your C14 ..

did you install the stainless pipe or the Ti ??

I will be getting a full system for my C14 this year , Why did you go with a Hindle over the Aera P or Muzzy ?
Well one reason is I'm a Brocks dealer and he had a stainless Hindle system in stock ..It was made for the zx14 Gen 1 ...So I got it just to see if it would fit , and it did ... All that was needed was a new muffle bracket that I made ( Brocks is going to make them soon ) .. And shim the lower rad bracket out a 1/8 of an inch .. This is NOT a Brocks pipe for a zx14 .. It's a Hindle pipe for the gen 1 zx14 and there is a big difference between the two pipes ..



did you have to remove the center stand?? I don't see it in the photos.


Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:06 pm
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 am
Posts: 483
steiny wrote:
SmokinZX14 wrote:
steiny wrote:
Keep up the good work :bigthumb: I'm new here but see you on the ZRXOA . I will be watching your progress with your C14 ..

did you install the stainless pipe or the Ti ??

I will be getting a full system for my C14 this year , Why did you go with a Hindle over the Aera P or Muzzy ?
Well one reason is I'm a Brocks dealer and he had a stainless Hindle system in stock ..It was made for the zx14 Gen 1 ...So I got it just to see if it would fit , and it did ... All that was needed was a new muffle bracket that I made ( Brocks is going to make them soon ) .. And shim the lower rad bracket out a 1/8 of an inch .. This is NOT a Brocks pipe for a zx14 .. It's a Hindle pipe for the gen 1 zx14 and there is a big difference between the two pipes ..



did you have to remove the center stand?? I don't see it in the photos.


bump..... this is the same info I am searching the forum for


Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:23 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:48 pm
Posts: 40
SteveWFL wrote:
...this is the same info I am searching the forum for


I am assuming he removed the center stand because it was hitting the exhaust? Or the swingarm?

The ZX14 full system wouldn't have a center stand stop welded on the mid-pipe like the C14 systems do, and if he had to lower the exhaust so that the muffler would clear the luggage, then maybe it interferes with the center stand?

That, or he removed it to cut some weight;).

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:37 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:35 am
Posts: 3466
Location: Saint Petersburg FL
I removed it because of the weight and the fact that I lowered the bike and can't use it anyway ( I don't like center stands ) ..I do think it would work but would need a bump stop added to the pipe for the center stand ..


Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
[ Advertise on ZX1441R.com ]

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.